Home

Challenge - getting my pie to DC in EY

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries and Aliyah Questions

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP


Post  Tue, Sep 17 2019, 8:44 am
Help me with the logistics. How do I get my pie to my child in EY? Is there an issue bringing it into the country? How do I pack it? Anyone ever done something similar?
Back to top

Aylat




 
 
 


Post  Tue, Sep 17 2019, 9:24 am
My mum sends hamentaschen through the post from Israel to the UK every year. Lots of bubble wrap. Inside a cereal box or similar. Write fragile on it.
Back to top

amother




OP


Post  Tue, Sep 17 2019, 10:17 am
I have someone who can transport it on the plane. Is there a problem getting through customs with a pie? DC is homesick and wants my pie.
Back to top

unexpected




 
 
 


Post  Tue, Sep 17 2019, 12:52 pm
I've done cheesecake without any problems. Froze, double wrapped in foil and shopping bag - in a suitcase between layers of clothing. Never had a problem. It's cooked so not a problem to bring in.
Back to top

Raisin




 
 
 


Post  Tue, Sep 17 2019, 12:58 pm
what type of pie is it?
Back to top

amother




OP


Post  Tue, Sep 17 2019, 12:59 pm
unexpected wrote:
I've done cheesecake without any problems. Froze, double wrapped in foil and shopping bag - in a suitcase between layers of clothing. Never had a problem. It's cooked so not a problem to bring in.


Did you check the luggage?
Back to top

amother




OP


Post  Tue, Sep 17 2019, 1:00 pm
Raisin wrote:
what type of pie is it?


Pumpkin
Back to top

Teomima




 
 
 


Post  Tue, Sep 17 2019, 1:02 pm
Israel doesn't freak out about food like some other countries, so it should be totally fine.
Back to top

amother




OP


Post  Tue, Sep 17 2019, 1:07 pm
Teomima wrote:
Israel doesn't freak out about food like some other countries, so it should be totally fine.

Thank you
Back to top

ShishKabob




 
 
 


Post  Tue, Sep 17 2019, 1:11 pm
I've sent pies in the past. never had an issue with it. Make sure that it's packed really well and that there's no empty space for the pie filling to fall out of, I would cover the pie with foil and then reinforce it with the pie cover and then put it into a hard box so it doesn't get squashed in the luggage. I'm sure it's greatly appreciated.
Back to top

amother




OP


Post  Tue, Sep 17 2019, 4:37 pm
ShishKabob wrote:
I've sent pies in the past. never had an issue with it. Make sure that it's packed really well and that there's no empty space for the pie filling to fall out of, I would cover the pie with foil and then reinforce it with the pie cover and then put it into a hard box so it doesn't get squashed in the luggage. I'm sure it's greatly appreciated.


Should I buy a pie carrier?
Back to top

Raisin




 
 
 


Post  Tue, Sep 17 2019, 4:40 pm
I would have the person check it in. The hold of a plane is cold. Pack really well, maybe with some ice packs? Or freeze the pie and send frozen.
Back to top

amother




OP


Post  Tue, Sep 17 2019, 7:18 pm
Raisin wrote:
I would have the person check it in. The hold of a plane is cold. Pack really well, maybe with some ice packs? Or freeze the pie and send frozen.


How can you be sure it won't go upside down?
Back to top

unexpected




 
 
 


Post  Tue, Sep 17 2019, 7:50 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Did you check the luggage?

Yup. Also, they opened it up when we were checking in and asked what it was. I told them it was cheesecake and they said fine... so really there were no problems.
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries and Aliyah Questions

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Washington DC with a toddler - itinerary - Advice needed
by amother
5 Sun, Oct 13 2019, 12:13 pm View last post
Rant - This is getting ridiculous 6 Tue, Oct 08 2019, 2:48 pm View last post
Safe to take a newborn to EY this winter?
by amother
7 Tue, Oct 08 2019, 6:34 am View last post
Getting mixed message if I should go in tomorrow WWYD?
by amother
9 Tue, Oct 08 2019, 1:16 am View last post
One year old keeps getting sick
by amother
44 Sun, Oct 06 2019, 10:41 am View last post

Jump to: