Home

Shabbos hot water urn from amazon?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


rovacat




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Sep 17 2019, 2:28 pm
I want to order a hot water urn for shabbos on amazon. I cant seem to figure them out. The ones thst say theyre good for shabbos are very expensive. I found much cheaoer ones that say theyre coffee urns. I dont need a fancy machine. I was curious if any of you ahve successfully ordered one on amazon that is ok to use on shabbos. And can you tell me which one. Thanks!
Back to top

ra_mom




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Sep 17 2019, 2:36 pm
rovacat wrote:
I want to order a hot water urn for shabbos on amazon. I cant seem to figure them out. The ones thst say theyre good for shabbos are very expensive. I found much cheaoer ones that say theyre coffee urns. I dont need a fancy machine. I was curious if any of you ahve successfully ordered one on amazon that is ok to use on shabbos. And can you tell me which one. Thanks!

We don't like the pump urns since they don't last. We have this from Amazon for pesach (the cord is attached to the urn).
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....psc=1

We have the same one from a Jewish store for year round that the cord separates from the urn.
Back to top

rovacat




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Sep 17 2019, 2:47 pm
Thanks for your reply! I got confused bec in thedescription they call it a coffee urn. But if you say ir works just like a shaabos one thenill irder it. Thankyou!!
Back to top

tichellady




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Sep 17 2019, 2:48 pm
We got a regular one from amazon and it’s fine. The water doesn’t get super hot but it’s about how hot I would like for tea
Back to top

ra_mom




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Sep 17 2019, 2:54 pm
rovacat wrote:
Thanks for your reply! I got confused bec in thedescription they call it a coffee urn. But if you say ir works just like a shaabos one thenill irder it. Thankyou!!

It has a metal filter and standing stick inside that we remove when we open the box. That part is used for coffee if you so want it. Never used it for that.
Back to top

ra_mom




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Sep 17 2019, 2:54 pm
tichellady wrote:
We got a regular one from amazon and it’s fine. The water doesn’t get super hot but it’s about how hot I would like for tea

None of them get super hot unfortunately. We tried many and the regular West Bend is best in our option.
Back to top

teachkids




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Sep 17 2019, 4:11 pm
We have a cheap Hamilton Beach one. We just take out the coffee filter piece
Back to top

SixOfWands




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Sep 17 2019, 5:39 pm
ra_mom wrote:
We don't like the pump urns since they don't last. We have this from Amazon for pesach (the cord is attached to the urn).
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....psc=1

We have the same one from a Jewish store for year round that the cord separates from the urn.


I used to have that for Pesach, but I felt that the outside got very hot. My kids are older now, but I do have friends' kids visit on Shabbat/yom tov, and I wasn't happy with it.

I have the Zojirushi pump urn,
Back to top

ddmom




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Sep 17 2019, 6:39 pm
Do you know how the west bend would be better than Hamilton beach?(cheaper!)
Back to top

chestnut




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Sep 17 2019, 10:04 pm
teachkids wrote:
We have a cheap Hamilton Beach one. We just take out the coffee filter piece

You take out the stick and the round filter piece? Never thought of this.
How do you clean it? Mine got nasty inside pretty fast and vinegar isn't helping
Back to top

guest21




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Sep 18 2019, 1:13 am
To clean your hot water urn fill it with water and add a few tablespoons of sour salt. Let it sit for a few hours and then empy and rinse it well. Works wonders. Seen on Instagram @cookingwithtantrums
Back to top

teachkids




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Sep 18 2019, 5:17 am
chestnut wrote:
You take out the stick and the round filter piece? Never thought of this.
How do you clean it? Mine got nasty inside pretty fast and vinegar isn't helping


Does it count as taking it out if I never toiveled and put them in?

Mine never needed cleaning, but my mother has this little metal ball that collects the mineral deposits.
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Amazon craft for kids 9-12
by amother
24 Thu, May 28 2020, 10:03 am View last post
Lemon/Lime ice water
by smile
2 Wed, May 27 2020, 1:17 pm View last post
What will match hot pink pencil skirt
by amother
19 Tue, May 26 2020, 9:22 am View last post
Size xs white nice shabbos top or shirt
by amother
0 Mon, May 25 2020, 10:55 pm View last post
Kiruv and Shabbos Hosting
by amother
43 Mon, May 25 2020, 12:59 pm View last post

Jump to: