Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Tummy Tuck
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Black

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 10:05 am
Mint Chocolate wrote:
Just fyi.. I had it done:) soo happy with results!!!

Thanks for the update, and so happy for you! Since I'm also considering doing it, a few questions: How long was your recovery? Any unexpected side effects? How much weight/dress sizes did you lose?

And if you're comfortable saying, which doctor and hospital did you use if you were happy with them and would recommend them, and approximately how much did it cost?

amother
Bisque

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 10:07 am
Mint Chocolate wrote:

The full one or mini? How bad/ painful/ prolonged was the recovery? Seriously considering doing this...

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 11:14 am
I have diastasis recti and thinking bout it because I can't really do core exercises other than some isometrics. my top part of my belly sticks out while my lower part is shrinking I think if the muscles were put back together it would be better. I know I'll be able to get skin removed and breasts made smaller covered by the province but unfortunately unless one is in imminent risk of danger by the diastasis recti, the tummy tuck is not covered.

Mint Chocolate

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 2:19 pm
amother [ Bisque ] wrote:
The full one or mini? How bad/ painful/ prolonged was the recovery? Seriously considering doing this...

Just had it done yesterday:) so far it's not so bad. Taking my meds etc. I was in good physical.shape before though. Think marathons:)

I am way out of state so my.costs are lower. 8k for full tummy tuck, muscle repair. I did not have lipo. I heard it burns and I don't have that much extra fat. I just had a deflated tire fr.my beautiful babies.
Bh so far best decision I've ever made. Besides marrying my husband:)

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 6:16 pm
I had weight loss surgery about 8 months ago and lost about 100 lbs. I have a LOT of extra skin. I work out twice a day so I’m in good physical shape but I hate hate HATE my extra skin. (Think my back folding in half when I lay on my side in bed) I’m super thrilled that I did weight loss surgery and I knew this could happen but I just asked my surgeon about the surgery for excess skin and he was very for doing it. I’m not done having kids yet and I still want to lose some more weight but I do hope to do this surgery at one point. Is it pointless to do it if still planning on having kids?

Mint Chocolate

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 10:06 pm
Maybe you could do just arms and legs first. Then later stomach?

Bumby613

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 3:38 pm
asmileaday wrote:
Are you ready to lose sensation in that area? That's something to consider.

I had one two years ago
List no sensation at all.

Power1Mom

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 3:56 pm
Is there any surgeon in the tri state area that somebody recommends?

amother
Bisque

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 3:59 pm
Mint Chocolate wrote:
Maybe you could do just arms and legs first. Then later stomach?

Can I ask how the rest of your recovery went? I am so scared because I’ve never had surgery

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 4:11 pm
Mint Chocolate wrote:

Go you!
I'm already planning mine, and I'm 24 with 2 kids lol. I was just thinking that I'm not having any more kids if my stomach keeps stretching! I'm a size 0, bony everywhere, and a flap on my stomach. I workout for hours every week, and it doesnt go away!
So I have hope. And I can have more kids Smile

Where'd you get it done?
How was the recovery?
How much did it cost?

miracle

Post Tue, Apr 28 2020, 9:45 am
Mint Chocolate wrote:
Bh I'm done having my beautiful babies. I've lost the baby weight and my stomach has an huge flap at the end like a deflated ball.

I've set the money aside. And I want to do it I'm just struggling with the "putting yourself at risk for beauty"

Have you tried other options first?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Apr 28 2020, 10:39 am
miracle wrote:
Have you tried other options first?

Yup, she did the tummy tuck and is very happy with the results.

Did you read the rest of the thread? 🧐

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Apr 28 2020, 10:42 am
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
I think you should reconsider. Who sees it? Seriously? Imho there are much better ways to spend your money, you’re also not allowed to put yourself at risk for no reason, and it’s just being overly concerned with an issue of perfection and vanity.

I agree. Surgeries carry a risk of death. If you need essential surgery it is a risk that you must weigh. However, non-elective surgery for vanity does indeed seem risky to me. I also know of someone who died at the age of 21 having plastic surgery on her nose so perhaps my viewpoint is biased.

But I see you had it done anyway, so not sure why you asked on here in the first place. 🤷‍♀️ I also see that this is a very old thread! Why was it resurrected? 🤔

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Apr 28 2020, 10:49 am
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
I also see that this is a very old thread! Why was it resurrected? 🤔

It's only 7 months old, and OP was kindly updating us

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Apr 28 2020, 10:53 am
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
It's only 7 months old, and OP was kindly updating us

I am personally a little disturbed that someone would do a vanity operation in the middle of the Covid-19 crisis but each to their own.

asmileaday

Post Tue, Apr 28 2020, 10:56 am
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
I am personally a little disturbed that someone would do a vanity operation in the middle of the Covid-19 crisis but each to their own.

Really? How do you know the date of her surgery? Just because you're reading it in the midst of a pandemic doesn't mean she had it done in the midst of a pandemic.

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Apr 28 2020, 10:59 am
amother [ Jade ] wrote:

Chillaaaaaaax. Shes just updating us...maybe she did it 2 months ago

P.s. if anything, it's probably best to do it during quarantine cuz you're not missing work and you can recover easily at home Smile But next pandemic, make sure not to schedule yours if you're that disturbed

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Apr 28 2020, 11:04 am
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
Chillaaaaaaax. Shes just updating us...maybe she did it 2 months ago

P.s. if anything, it's probably best to do it during quarantine cuz you're not missing work and you can recover easily at home Smile But next pandemic, make sure not to schedule yours if you're that disturbed

You’re right, she did it on 16th December sorry.

However, I do not think others should have it done during quarantine because of the extra stress on hospitals. Non-urgent surgeries even for cancer patients are currently on hold.

And I would never have such a surgery. As I mentioned in a previous post, I know someone who died from having nose surgery. I am happy with my body as it is and don’t plan on cutting it or risking death for vanity. Thank you for your concern.

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Apr 28 2020, 11:04 am
asmileaday wrote:
Really? How do you know the date of her surgery? Just because you're reading it in the midst of a pandemic doesn't mean she had it done in the midst of a pandemic.

I apologise, she had it done in December not during the Pandemic.

asmileaday

Post Tue, Apr 28 2020, 11:20 am
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
You’re right, she did it on 16th December sorry.

...snip

I know I'm nitpicking, can't help myself. Just because she updated us on Dec 17 doesn't mean she had it on the 16th... she could've had it weeks earlier!
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise