Home

Is this simple, or what am I not understanding?

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

allthingsblue

Post  Wed, Sep 18 2019, 10:32 am
Turns out 4 of Blasey Ford's witnesses did not corroborate her story, one said it's not believable. On witness was threatened by Blasey ford's allies to comply, otherwise negative information about her would be spread (is that blackmail?).
This seems like major news, but I'm only seeing it on right wing sites. On left wing sites, I'm seeing renewed furor at Kavanaugh... for a now-edited NY Times claim that turned out to be unsubstantial because the victim does not confirm that the story happened.

What am I missing?

Jeanette

Post  Wed, Sep 18 2019, 12:49 pm
The news is that the FBI did not conduct a thorough investigation and did not even interview the witnesses that came forward. So all we know is whatever was reported in the book. We have no further information to judge the credibility of these witnesses--which is something an FBI investigation could have established.

For example, there are allegations on both sides that Blasey Ford's friend Leland was threatened either to corroborate or refute the allegations. Was she indeed threatened? By whom? Or does she just not remember? Or does Blasey Ford's story just not add up? Hard to reach any conclusions based on what we know.

Journalism is journalism but it's not a substitute for a law enforcement investigation, especially when you're considering something as significant as a lifetime appointment to the supreme court.

Fox

Post  Wed, Sep 18 2019, 4:49 pm
This isn't about Kavanaugh; it's about Amy Coney Barrett.

The powers-that-be on the left are worried that Trump will win a second term and that RBG's health is too poor to allow her to continue to serve on SCOTUS through 2024.

This is a message to Barrett and other originalist judges on the short list: "See what we can do to you and your family? Think carefully before accepting a nomination."

Cheiny

Post  Wed, Sep 18 2019, 4:58 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
Turns out 4 of Blasey Ford's witnesses did not corroborate her story, one said it's not believable. On witness was threatened by Blasey ford's allies to comply, otherwise negative information about her would be spread (is that blackmail?).
This seems like major news, but I'm only seeing it on right wing sites. On left wing sites, I'm seeing renewed furor at Kavanaugh... for a now-edited NY Times claim that turned out to be unsubstantial because the victim does not confirm that the story happened.

What am I missing?

That the fake news liberal media lies in order to protect democrats. Blasé Ford’s best friend, Leland, even admitted the entire story was untrue after Ford claimed her friend witnessed it. Ford also was caught in numerous lies but you won’t hear that from the left wing media either. She claimed the so called rape caused her to be so claustrophobic she couldn’t fly, and that she needed to live in apt’s with numerous doors, and then was proven to be flying all the over the world and lived in a tiny apt with one door...lots more too.

itsmeima

Post  Sat, Sep 21 2019, 10:20 pm
Fox wrote:
This isn't about Kavanaugh; it's about Amy Coney Barrett.

The powers-that-be on the left are worried that Trump will win a second term and that RBG's health is too poor to allow her to continue to serve on SCOTUS through 2024.

This is a message to Barrett and other originalist judges on the short list: "See what we can do to you and your family? Think carefully before accepting a nomination."

As a #metoo survivor, I see it as "if you have the right connections, no one will believe you"

Which is basically what my attacker told me - he's right!

Ravenclaw

Post  Sat, Sep 21 2019, 11:43 pm
I am not surprised...
Even though I am very outraged by #metoo perpetrators and all, I never believed Ford’s story. Too many things didn’t add up.
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h