Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Help choosing perfume to try
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Sep 18 2019, 3:07 pm
simba wrote:
Because I love Flowerbomb by Viktor and Rolf but based on OP’s post she won’t like it.

Very flowery and light.

Flowerbomb is not flowery nor light!
It’s very strong and spicy.
I have similar taste to op and I don’t like it.

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Sep 18 2019, 3:13 pm
Pita wrote:
I love cologne (good cologne) on men. Not the garbage young men wear, but what older men tend to wear. So I thought why not wear something myself? But I am terrified of wearing perfume and offending someone.

Everything in the store smells too sweet for me. I don't want to smell like candy. I love citrus scents... If I could smell like an etrog or lime that would be great. Almonds are good, too. As is jasmine, tea, and coffee scent.

I already tried the l'Etrog, my husband thought it smelled like men's cologne (I liked it). The Ayala perfumes are WAAAAY crazy expensive.

So any suggestions? I am not stuck on citrus, but I want to smell clean, fresh, and slighly s-xy.

You can narrow it down by putting in the notes you want here https://www.fragrantica.com/in.....arch/ Then ask for samples of anything that interests you at your local store.

etky

Post Wed, Sep 18 2019, 3:17 pm
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
Ysatis

Tresor

Poison

Not sure about Ysatis but Tresor and Poison are extremely heavy fragrance bombs.
If OP is in any way 'afraid' of fragrance I wouldn't recommend that she start with these.

simba

Post Wed, Sep 18 2019, 3:46 pm
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
Flowerbomb is not flowery nor light!
It’s very strong and spicy.
I have similar taste to op and I don’t like it.

Go figure, I’ve been wearing it every day for more then a decade now. Guess my nose lies!

ra_mom

Post Wed, Sep 18 2019, 4:02 pm
Pita wrote:
I love cologne (good cologne) on men. Not the garbage young men wear, but what older men tend to wear. So I thought why not wear something myself? But I am terrified of wearing perfume and offending someone.

Everything in the store smells too sweet for me. I don't want to smell like candy. I love citrus scents... If I could smell like an etrog or lime that would be great. Almonds are good, too. As is jasmine, tea, and coffee scent.

I already tried the l'Etrog, my husband thought it smelled like men's cologne (I liked it). The Ayala perfumes are WAAAAY crazy expensive.

So any suggestions? I am not stuck on citrus, but I want to smell clean, fresh, and slighly s-xy.

Clinique Happy has a light citrus scent that you would probably enjoy.

chanatron1000

Post Wed, Sep 18 2019, 4:09 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Clinique Happy has a light citrus scent that you would probably enjoy.

I personally love the top notes of Happy, but I find the base notes lacking.

isrmss91

Post Wed, Sep 18 2019, 4:26 pm
Dolce& Gabbana 3 L' Imperatrice https://www.sephora.com/produc.....45901

I have a sample of this, it is very citrusy. fresh clean scent

Atelier Cologne makes a bunch of citrus based scents, "mandarine glaciale" comes to mind https://www.sephora.com/produc.....94147

and they have a new scent with lime, that I have not tried. if you have a Sephora near you maybe something to look into
prodhttps://www.sephora.com/product/pacific-lime-cologne-absolue-pure-perfume-P439030?icid2=ateliercologne_pacificlime_productcarousel_ufe:p439030:uc

Last edited by isrmss91 on Wed, Sep 18 2019, 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Sep 18 2019, 4:30 pm
Perfume will change depending on each person. My mom had this perfume that smelled heavenly on her, so I tried it once.

We went out to eat, and I kept looking over my shoulder thinking "Who is that old lady with that sickly sweet perfume? I can't even enjoy my meal!"

Then I realized it was me. Surprised I had to go to the bathroom and scrub my wrists and neck with soap and water to get most of it off.

I use high quality essential oils, and make blends of different kinds. I have a light floral, a citrus with musk undertones, a very dark and moody scent with hints of tobacco and leather, and a bright floral that is perfect for summer.

My favorites are neroli and Bavarian rose, balanced with green tea and lemongrass. Jasmine, bergamot, ylang ylang, and lilac are really lovely in blends, too. I find that single notes are overwhelming, but if you play with the ratios of green, floral, musk, and warmth, you can find a signature scent you'll love.

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Sep 18 2019, 4:38 pm
Pita wrote:

Just don’t use too much. It’s horrendous when women in my Shul come in doused in perfume and makes people with asthma gag!!!! A dab is enough, ladies!!!!

A nice light scent, kind of lemony, is CK1 (Calvin Klein)

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Sep 18 2019, 4:40 pm
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
No but they'll figure out who I am! I'll be outing myself Smile

Yeah I’m sure you’re the only woman who uses whatever perfume you use so everyone will know who you are Laugh

Ruchel

Post Wed, Sep 18 2019, 5:52 pm
There are awful old perfumes and great young perfumes

Tzivia18

Post Wed, Sep 18 2019, 7:33 pm
L'Occitane en Provence has a great citrus perfume - Verbena Eau de Toilette.

Jewishfoodie

Post Wed, Sep 18 2019, 8:16 pm
Thierry Mugler scents are so so different and so awesome! I'm particular to Angel Muse but they're all fascinating! You gotta at least sniff them. Tho, not flowery nor citrusy! That was the attraction for me.

If you want to sniff me out in a crowd tho, I'm the one wearing Miss Dior Absolutely Blooming. Pink. If your perfume is a different color, it's a knockoff.

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Sep 18 2019, 8:39 pm
Not all knockoffs are bad. Just make sure you only buy legit "impressions" and not counterfeits.

Jewishfoodie

Post Wed, Sep 18 2019, 8:46 pm
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
Not all knockoffs are bad. Just make sure you only buy legit "impressions" and not counterfeits.

True but you don't want to pay $130 for a knockoff. So know your perfume...

ichbingreit

Post Wed, Sep 18 2019, 9:23 pm
I use aqua di goia from armani....love it! since years. its not a sweet smell more like tea notes and fresh smelling...very hard to describe. why cant you just go to a perfume store and see what you like? narrow it down to two scents spray one on each wrist, walk around with it and youll see which one you like. Thats what my mother taught me Smile)

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, Sep 18 2019, 9:46 pm
Love in Black by Creed

Flip Flops

Post Wed, Sep 18 2019, 9:52 pm
Viva la Juicy for sure. It cracked and spilled in my cabinet ( Crying Crying I know) and now I love the way that cabinet smells. I hope the smell lingers forever.

aliavi

Post Wed, Sep 18 2019, 10:09 pm
simba wrote:
Go figure, I’ve been wearing it every day for more then a decade now. Guess my nose lies!

It’s more about your own chemistry! No Pinocchio.

Pita

Post Wed, Sep 18 2019, 10:36 pm
Thank you all for your wonderful ideas! I will have to go to the local perfume store with a list and try.

Found the sample of L'Etrog. I still love it. My husband still doesn't.

I did, however, discover that Etrog is also called Citron or Cedrat (French). I will bring that information with me. There are quite a few perfumes with Citron or Cedrat in the name. Maybe we can find something we both like.

Thank you again! I will check those perfumes, too!
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics