Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
ISO advice for cell for teen

Frumwithallergies

Post Wed, Sep 18 2019, 10:19 pm
My dd is a young teen, has taken a CPR and babysitting course, and already takes my younger children on outings already. I want to get her a cell phone, and I will get her a smart phone since I want her to be able to stay in touch with friends in Israel with Whatsapp.

I have an old blackberry passport which still works well, but I'm not at all familiar with new smartphones on the market. Can anyone please recommend a good phone, phone brand (unlocked preferred), and filter?

TIA!

amother
Apricot

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 12:37 am
Firstly, there are kosher smart phones that allow WhatsApp. Secondly, otherwise you really must consider sticking to an iPhone for its built in parental controls that work better than all other filters. And how much do you want to spend on a phone?

Frumwithallergies

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 7:58 am
Thanks for your comments!
I haven't purchased a phone in 4 years, so I don't know what the going rate is. Perhaps I'd be willing to spend up to 250$ for an unlocked phone.... she's responsible but still young.

I've worried in the past about Iphones, since I've seen the planned obsolescence with them. Do LG and Samsung have the capacity to accommodate filters?

Frumwithallergies

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 9:48 pm
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
Firstly, there are kosher smart phones that allow WhatsApp. Secondly, otherwise you really must consider sticking to an iPhone for its built in parental controls that work better than all other filters. And how much do you want to spend on a phone?

Which brands or companies are selling kosher smart phones? I'm OOT. I would have assumed, perhaps erroneously, that the filters make the phone kosher, so where do I buy the filter?

amother
Apricot

Post Fri, Sep 20 2019, 12:40 am
Koshercell.org from Lakewood ships

Frumwithallergies

Post Fri, Sep 20 2019, 1:57 am
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
Koshercell.org from Lakewood ships

Great. I looked them up. It seems they even offer the service to kasher any phone.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children