Home

Organizations to help with y"t
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  Last >>
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




Blue


Post  Fri, Sep 20 2019, 7:44 am
Notsobusy wrote:
I have preteen, teenagers and a dd in her 20s and they all find shoes in the stores I mentioned. My older dds won't buy shoes or clothing in Walmart anymore, but they will buy in Target, Kohls, Burlington, etc.


I buy all my shoes for my teenagers (boys & girls) on Amazon. They've got a full selection for all price ranges. I just purchased dressy shoes for my daughter for under $20.
Back to top

Chayalle




 
 
 


Post  Fri, Sep 20 2019, 7:46 am
Notsobusy wrote:
I have preteen, teenagers and a dd in her 20s and they all find shoes in the stores I mentioned. My older dds won't buy shoes or clothing in Walmart anymore, but they will buy in Target, Kohls, Burlington, etc.


Similar ages, I have a preteen, a teen, and DD 20....

Lately my big girls have done well with shoes at Macy's, sometimes L&T....we're talking $30-$40 a pair, sometimes a bit more but nowhere near the frum shoe store prices. They will have flash sales and coupons, that bring the prices down drastically.
Back to top

amother




Oak


Post  Fri, Sep 20 2019, 8:16 am
Sometimes things get so tight that even the less expensive department store prices are too high. If that's the case Op, I totally get you and have been there, all the $15/$20 things do add up fast as well...And sometimes there just isn't the time to search the non frum stores, and you just need to go to one store where you know you will find something for sure.

But if you can do it, please go to Target, Marshalls, H and M, Zara's, and (our favorite!) Burlington, my teen DD, very classy and stylish dresser, just got a gorgeous skirt for $10 and a turtleneck to go with it for $15 in these type stores! It looks exactly like what they're showing in frum stores this season. She tried it on and we asked my other teen DD, who had no idea where we shopped, how much she thought the new outfit cost. She assumed it was purchased in Gallery or Brenda's and guessed between $120 and $150. She nearly fell off the couch when her sister announced "$25!"
Back to top

Chayalle




 
 
 


Post  Fri, Sep 20 2019, 8:23 am
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
Sometimes things get so tight that even the less expensive department store prices are too high. If that's the case Op, I totally get you and have been there, all the $15/$20 things do add up fast as well...And sometimes there just isn't the time to search the non frum stores, and you just need to go to one store where you know you will find something for sure.

But if you can do it, please go to Target, Marshalls, H and M, Zara's, and (our favorite!) Burlington, my teen DD, very classy and stylish dresser, just got a gorgeous skirt for $10 and a turtleneck to go with it for $15 in these type stores! It looks exactly like what they're showing in frum stores this season. She tried it on and we asked my other teen DD, who had no idea where we shopped, how much she thought the new outfit cost. She assumed it was purchased in Gallery or Brenda's and guessed between $120 and $150. She nearly fell off the couch when her sister announced "$25!"


My very classy DD will sometimes send me links to clothes she likes (just for the fun of it) that are in the several-hundred $ range. A few weeks ago, she sent me a link to a dress, I think from Nordstrom, that she liked, for the cool price of only $479 or so....(she said she needs a sponsor Smile ).

Just last week we had a wedding in the family, and in walks my niece, wearing (so we thought) that dress. Well, her husband is B"H doing very well financially, but still, that's rather pricey, isn't it?

Well, niece is cracking up...she told us she got the dress in Target. Very similar fabric/cut/style. Looked fabulous on her

ETA - I had a very wealthy neighbor who told me she shops in Target all the time. For the classier folks, you can upgrade Target to pronounce it with a French accent at the end...just say you got it in Tarjay....(softer on that j, if you please....)
Back to top

amother




Aubergine


Post  Fri, Sep 20 2019, 8:36 am
Chayalle wrote:
It's not super cheap but DD's school shoes (and she's in 6th grade) were $40 from Zara. Her new Shabbos shoes were $35, from Royal Shoes when they had their sale in Todd Plaza.

I always shop ahead and plan what she will need in the summer and take advantage of sales.....(I make a list of what we have, what she needs, and what she would like....) Comes out much cheaper, and I avoid the pre Y"T rush.

Some stores that have cheaper stuff:

Juvenile Planet has a store with past season's stuff called off-2nd. I remember last year DD's summer Shabbos outfit was in the $30 range...for an $150 outfit.

Backstage - sells previous seasons clothing from upscale stores. Still a bit more expensive ($50 per dress, $30 per skirt, etc...) Occasionally they will have a sale upon a sale, like a percent off on their already-lower prices. (Also, my petite oldest has even found some things in this store, and it's alot cheaper than adult stores, which don't fit her anyway.)

Fashion Wholesalers are cheaper

Any store on sale - if you can buy ahead

Zara will sometimes have some styles that can work for frum people.


Off second had lots of options in $30 range. Really pretty stuff this year but you need patience to sift.
Fashion wholesalers / clover dresses were approx $40-45.
Kiddi chic has lots of choices for under $40.
Serendipity has lots of clothing with tags still on. I’ve gotten matching Shabbos sets there for very cheap.
I’d love to know of more stores in that price range.
Zara has great shoe choices.

The house on forest with food is great. Except it’s very last minute which may be hard for ppl shopping then.
Back to top

amother




Blush


Post  Fri, Sep 20 2019, 8:48 am
The problem with zara shoes is the quality!! Anytime we tried them they fell apart a week or two after we started wearing them:(
Back to top

amother




Orange


Post  Fri, Sep 20 2019, 8:49 am
All ideas above mentioned are great!
Another organization you can maybe try is Yad Yisroel.
Hope all works out for you! It's not easy being in this matzav and yes, this time of year is harder in a way than Pesach bec it's coming at the heels of summer, which is exorbitantly expensive, and back to school season and YT rush all at once!
Back to top

amother




OP


Post  Fri, Sep 20 2019, 11:48 am
Thank u everyone. My husband is gonna go to the house on forest today to get food for shabbos. I'm fine with hand me downs for my little girls. It's my big girls that have opinions and want new dresses for y"t
Back to top

watergirl




 
 
 


Post  Fri, Sep 20 2019, 12:08 pm
[quote="amother [ OP ]"]Thank u everyone. My husband is gonna go to the house on forest today to get food for shabbos. I'm fine with hand me downs for my l

For the big girls, try to avoid the frum stores. My teenage daughter always finds the best things at Kohls and everyone asks her where she got her clothes because she is the only one who has anything different than everyone else. Yeah, because we cant afford the frum places! And she can develop her own style.
Back to top

Rhom




 
 
 


Post  Fri, Sep 20 2019, 12:17 pm
What sizes are your girls?

Maybe I can help with some new clothes and food

Feel free to pm
Back to top

Notsobusy




 
 
 


Post  Fri, Sep 20 2019, 2:29 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank u everyone. My husband is gonna go to the house on forest today to get food for shabbos. I'm fine with hand me downs for my little girls. It's my big girls that have opinions and want new dresses for y"t


We've done well on Shein.com and Asos.com. They both have nice dresses for really cheap. And they usually ship pretty quickly. And both have free return shipping.

If you want to stay local you can try Clover or Burgundy, they are both pretty well priced compared to other Lakewood stores.
Back to top

Notsobusy




 
 
 


Post  Sat, Sep 21 2019, 6:26 pm
Op, how was Shabbos, was your husband able to pick up enough food for you from the house on Forest?
Back to top

amother




OP


Post  Sun, Sep 22 2019, 8:07 am
My husband got some challah, kugel, and salad. No chicken, chulent, fish, or soup. It's stuff the stores have xtra before shabbos. Not take out or caterer stuff.
Back to top

amother




Jade


Post  Sun, Sep 22 2019, 8:15 am
The owner ( Yoav) of Glatt Gourmet is a tzaddik. People come in shortly before closing and walk out with a complete shabbos. Try to contact him. Hashem should send you everything that you need.
Back to top

amother




OP


Post  Sun, Sep 22 2019, 4:34 pm
Thank u everyone that helped me out today. My girls got dresses for yt today thanks to an anonymous lady on this site. I feel so much better!!
Back to top

allthingsblue




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Sep 22 2019, 4:42 pm
Chayalle wrote:
My very classy DD will sometimes send me links to clothes she likes (just for the fun of it) that are in the several-hundred $ range. A few weeks ago, she sent me a link to a dress, I think from Nordstrom, that she liked, for the cool price of only $479 or so....(she said she needs a sponsor Smile ).

Just last week we had a wedding in the family, and in walks my niece, wearing (so we thought) that dress. Well, her husband is B"H doing very well financially, but still, that's rather pricey, isn't it?

Well, niece is cracking up...she told us she got the dress in Target. Very similar fabric/cut/style. Looked fabulous on her

ETA - I had a very wealthy neighbor who told me she shops in Target all the time. For the classier folks, you can upgrade Target to pronounce it with a French accent at the end...just say you got it in Tarjay....(softer on that j, if you please....)


Can you post a link to the target version?
Back to top

amother




Black


Post  Sun, Sep 22 2019, 5:36 pm
[quote="amother [ Blush ]"]Hi op I just wanted to say that I am in the exact same boat as you! U probably feel like you're the only one who don't have the means to buy what u need " like everyone else does"... It's a painful place to be in. My husband works very hard to provide for us but I recently lost my job and we're really struggling! It's a very expensive time of year and I feel like I'm choking even without buying new clothes. BH my kids accept hand me downs very happily but certain things don't hand down well like shoes ... and they're a fortune!! (Even going to the cheapest store!) Some of my kids are in desperate need for shoes and I keep pushing it off cuz I don't have the means to pay for it:( forget about food or rent or tuition.... The expenses are endless and I just daven for a yeshuah! I'm just curious why ahavas tzedaka or tomchei shabbos couldn't help u out. They collect so much money!! Who does it go to if not ppl who are in need like you are???[/quote

If you have an email address I can contact you with. I can send you info of someone who was selling shoes at a very discounted price. I’m not sure sizes and styles she has left.
Back to top

amother




OP


Post  Sun, Sep 22 2019, 5:43 pm
Can u pm me the email address of the person who has the shoes? Did she have big sizes for my girls like 36 37?
Back to top

amother




Black


Post  Sun, Sep 22 2019, 6:52 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Can u pm me the email address of the person who has the shoes? Did she have big sizes for my girls like 36 37?


Your anonymous. If you post an email address I can contact you.
Back to top

amother




Brunette


Post  Sun, Sep 22 2019, 7:22 pm
I have 2 pairs of brand new black suede shoes size 36 I think more for weekday. Its literally still in the box it just doesnt fit me right and I cant return.
Im in lakewood
You can email me at someone123@gmail.com
Back to top
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

Page 3 of 5 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Help a clueless mom with the basics
by amother
20 Today at 11:48 am View last post
by cbsp
Meat on stove help!
by Maryann
4 Yesterday at 4:41 pm View last post
Is there any last minute dips I can make? Plz help
by artsy
10 Thu, Oct 17 2019, 6:36 pm View last post
Bedding help!
by amother
4 Thu, Oct 17 2019, 6:02 am View last post
I need help with tablecloth size..
by amother
7 Sat, Oct 12 2019, 9:35 pm View last post
by Fave

Jump to: