Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Organizations to help with y"t
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
Orange

Post Fri, Sep 27 2019, 1:40 pm
Keep calling, don't give up!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 10:41 am
I set up a venmo app for those that offered to help with money. We need to buy food for yom tov. Also we didn’t pay tuition for September and oct and the schools are harassing us. Thank u so much to those that are helping. We really appreciate it

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 1:26 pm
Anyone know how to get a gift card or a credit in a food store? Someone offered but I don’t know how to set it up

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 2:10 pm
Just said some tehillim for you mothers who are struggling. My heart breaks for you. I have been in your situation many times and know how challenging it is. BH this year we were able to be on the giving end. May you be zoche to yeshuos!!

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 2:54 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I set up a venmo app for those that offered to help with money. We need to buy food for yom tov. Also we didn’t pay tuition for September and oct and the schools are harassing us. Thank u so much to those that are helping. We really appreciate it

Op-- I totally understand your situation!! My kids schools don't stop calling and harassing us. They literally had me in tears a few times they called! I explained our situation but to no avail:( I hope that busha michaperes cuz I literally was bawling on the phone the last time they called! Don't they get it??? I'm not avoiding paying tuition! As Soon as our situation changes I will let them know and send in a payment. I think if someone was never in such a situation they'll never understand:(SadSad but it's true bizyoinos!!

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 2:57 pm
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
I also got children's shoes for VERY cheap this year and last at sale made by DWD. Basically you needed a special voucher to get in, usually given by principals or other positions of authority. Last year, our school owner gave to my husband and this year, we hadn't heard anything. but was so bashert, I passed the sale as they were setting up and asked them for voucher and they gave me so was able to buy all my children weekday and Shabbos shoes for $30 per pair. Hashem really helped us bec there was no way I could spend a penny more than that anywhere!
I don't have their contact info though but maybe look out for it in the future or ask your Rav or school.

Yes I went there for shoes and it was done in such a degrading way! Ppl were literally grabbing and pushing and shoving. I was mortified to be there! And they first had the sale in Monsey so it was leftovers and they had very few sizes left. No boys Shabbos shoes and very few other sizes. It could have been done in a more bachavadik way...

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 3:45 pm
Thank u everyone for ur support and tefillos. It helps to know others are thinking of me

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 5:34 pm
Deleted

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 9:40 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I'm sorry for your situation, but what do you expect the school to do? Did you not sign a contract with the school? Do you really expect someone to whom you owe money and who needs the money to keep the school running for everyone, to not ask for it?

Cmon be nice

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 10:00 pm
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
I'm sorry for your situation, but what do you expect the school to do? Did you not sign a contract with the school? Do you really expect someone to whom you owe money and who needs the money to keep the school running for everyone, to not ask for it?

This is not helpful. What should she do? Send her kids to public school?

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 10:57 pm
Cmon be nice wrote:
This is not helpful. What should she do? Send her kids to public school?

I am not saying that. I am saying that you cannot complain that the school calls for the money that is due them. What do you expect them to do?

Cmon be nice

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 10:59 pm
I am not saying that. I am saying that you cannot complain that the school calls for the money that is due them. What do you expect them to do?

Ok, but to op, who has no money, it's literally a stab in the heart. Sorry to say I think your comment was rubbing it in

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 11:01 pm
Cmon be nice wrote:
Ok, but to op, who has no money, it's literally a stab in the heart. Sorry to say I think your comment was rubbing it in

I'm sorry it came off that way. It is not the first time I have read on imamother where people are upset that schools call to ask for the money due them. I just don't understand how people can complain about this. People want Jewish day schools for their kids but if schools don't demand payment, many would close.

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 11:04 pm
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
Just said some tehillim for you mothers who are struggling. My heart breaks for you. I have been in your situation many times and know how challenging it is. BH this year we were able to be on the giving end. May you be zoche to yeshuos!!

im happy to hear it turned around for someone.. I cant even count how many years its been this way for us.. and seemingly gets worse and worse.. more and more problems with the business and further in debt. hashem should have rachmanus on all of us. I will have u in mind op, please do the same for me

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 11:13 pm
I'm sorry it came off that way. It is not the first time I have read on imamother where people are upset that schools call to ask for the money due them. I just don't understand how people can complain about this. People want Jewish day schools for their kids but if schools don't demand payment, many would close.

Don’t worry so much... op will pay them as soon as she is able
She didn’t say she owes 2 years tuition.. just 2 months and as soon as their situation changes the schools will get paid
I’ve been in op’s situation and it’s really, really hard. I couldn’t buy my kids clothing, coats.. I couldn’t afford to have my old car repaired and called chaverim almost every morning to start my car, my internet got disconnected, my water got shut off twice! I bought food on credit at the grocery until they told me I can’t anymore and then I just cried...
My situation has changed b”h but I totally get how hard it could be. Please don’t offer comments or judgment if you can’t help.

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 11:22 pm
I heard that shloimys gives away take out food right before shabbos
Anyone know details?

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 11:41 pm
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
Kupath Ezra of Monsey does not accept new cases at all. They don't even have the means to help current families on their list.
Our Rav doesn't help out financially and wouldn't get involved in financial assistance.
Tomchei shabbos can give a box with basic shabbos nessesities, if they qualify you.
Hands down to people offering to give away their clothing. It's a sweet offer, but very degrading.
Many tines It either doesn't fit, not the recipient's taste and it feels very ugly to take other people's stuff.

Degrading???

Why??

I can Bh afford to buy my kids lots of clothes. In fact, I’ve spent lots of money ybuying random amothers brand new kids clothing over my years on imamother. But I just took a bunch of hand me down suits for my ten year old son. I don’t feel degraded at all. Someone posted on my shul chat that they have a bunch of suits to give away in my sons size so I took them. They are all gorgeous and look brand new.

It’s onlu degrading if someone hands you a garbage bag full of torn, yellowed clothing from 20 years ago.
I give away bags of my kids outgrown clothing every few months. All of the stuff is in great condition. Lots of it is designer, European. I hope none of the recipients feel degraded.

southernbubby

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 11:55 pm
Everyone swaps hand me downs. Even adults give stuff that they don't want to friends who can enjoy it. There is nothing degrading about it. Why should it go to waste?
To me it's shocking that there is so much poverty that some organizations can't help much. I think that smaller communities may actually be better at meeting these needs.

Notsobusy

Post Fri, Oct 04 2019, 5:33 pm
Op, I just saw an ad in the BP Weekly for an organization called Hope. It sounds like they help people like you, but I don't know anything about them. I checked out their website, hopeorg.org, it didn't have a lot of info but it's probably worth contacting them to see if they can help.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 04 2019, 5:49 pm
Thank u I will call them
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries