Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Any Baltimore County public school teachers here?
Previous  1  2

amother
Seafoam

Post Sat, Sep 21 2019, 8:07 pm
So I saw my relative that I mentioned above over shabbos and asked about this. It is considered money laundering and is illegal. Also apparently some years ago one of the schoolswas "caught" doing it and got in trouble and no longer does it. And I am sure the others are careful about it now, too. The schools in Baltimore are very careful when it comes to legal issues.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Sep 21 2019, 11:03 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
So I saw my relative that I mentioned above over shabbos and asked about this. It is considered money laundering and is illegal. Also apparently some years ago one of the schoolswas "caught" doing it and got in trouble and no longer does it. And I am sure the others are careful about it now, too. The schools in Baltimore are very careful when it comes to legal issues.

Okay, thanks for the info. I'm somewhat surprised that people I know do this, considering that they are generally careful with legalities themselves.

That's actually one of the reasons I'm interested in Baltimore-the yashrus.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Sep 22 2019, 1:13 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
That was part of my cheshbon.

I've heard this about some schools in NY, and I wonder if schools in Baltimore will do it, as well: a lot of teachers here have their paycheck sent straight to their boys' yeshiva to pay for tuition, pre-tax. I was wondering if this is legal and if Bais Yaakov or Bnos Yisroel would ever do such a thing.

They wont do it, apparently its not so legal. Would love it if they did, my husband teaches in one school and my kids go to two different schools...

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Sep 22 2019, 7:59 am
Be glad your husband has a job where he doesn't have to worry about a government audit/raid and then possibly ending up in legal trouble himself. "Not so legal" = illegal.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics