Home

Measles in LI (Informational only) this week

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Girl@Heart

Post  Fri, Sep 20 2019, 6:30 am
Does anyone know where the recent measles cases reported were? https://www.nbcnewyork.com/new......html

I am supposed to be traveling there with a baby under 6 months this weekend and would like to make an informed decision about choosing wether or not to cancel my plans.

It seems the department of health has not announced where the individuals presenting with the measles are from but I figured if it’s from a frum area someone here may know.

Please do not hijack my thread with vaccine conversions. I know this is a hot topic closely related to my concerns but I really just want information.

nchr

Post  Fri, Sep 20 2019, 7:05 am
According to the NCDOH, the affected adult traveled on the LIRR between the Mineola Station and New York Penn Station on Wednesday, Sept. 11 and Thursday, Sept. 12. On Saturday, Sept. 14, the adult visited Noches de Columbia Restaurant in Mineola, took the MTA shuttle between the Mineola and Hempstead stations, and traveled on the LIRR between the Hempstead, Jamaica and New York Penn stations.

The newly confirmed case of measles comes two weeks after the health department announced an additional case of measles on Sept. 4. The NCDOH says the first case showed "minimal risk of exposure" to residents in the county.

The patient identified by the health department on Sept. 4 had recently arrived to the state on an international flight into JFK International Airport and had been exposed to measles in another county, the department said.

So it appears that this has nothing to do with the frum outbreak. However, the other cases may...
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h