Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Girl schools in Monsey
1  2  Next

Sims123

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 11:55 am
So I'm trying to find a school for my girls that will be the right fit for them and our family values. With so many different schools in monsey its hard to know exactly which one that is. I myself am a Bais Yakov girl from BP with a chassidish background so when we interviewed at a school claiming to be a "chassidish bais yakov" I thought it was a no brainer but unfortunately they're falling short and I'm looking to see what else is out there... Can anyone help to break down the different schools and what kind of parent body/level of learning they have?

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 12:24 pm
There is no chassidish bais Yaakov in Monsey. For neutral mixed schools:

Bas Mikrah is Yeshivish with some Chassidish parent body
Bais Rochel is a mix.
Then there's Bnos Derech Yisroel and Bais Shifra Miriam, both certainly not Bais Yaakov. BDY is Chassidish and BSM is too at this point.

There's definitely a need for a Bais Yaakov BP or Bais Yaakov of Vien type of school. But there isn't one yet.

Some people from your type of background send to Bnos Bracha in Passaic.

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 12:31 pm
Unfortunately there's no chassidish type Bais Yaakov schools in Monsey. It's either chassidish, yeshivish/litvish, or modern. There's no middle of the way really.
Perhaps Bais Leah prospect park or keser bais yaakov would be a good fit for you. But they only have the younger grades.

ShishKabob

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 12:51 pm
There are so many threads about this. try doing a search. Hopefully, you'll get smarter.

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 1:21 pm
can anyone please explain me in details what a bais yakov chasidish school would be like. im genuinely interested to know. tia

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 1:26 pm
Amother orchid, something like Bais Yaakov of BP which has more chassidish students than not by now. There isn't such a type of school in Monsey.

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 1:26 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:

Bais Rochel is a mix.
Then there's Bnos Derech Yisroel and Bais Shifra Miriam, both certainly not Bais Yaakov. BDY is Chassidish and BSM is too at this point.

There's definitely a need for a Bais Yaakov BP or Bais Yaakov of Vien type of school. But there isn't one yet.

I thought bais Rochel would be the school for her, but they aren't taking outsiders att this point.

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 1:27 pm
Sims123 wrote:
a school claiming to be a "chassidish bais yakov" I thought it was a no brainer but unfortunately they're falling short

in which way? what do you look for in a school?

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 1:34 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
Amother orchid, something like Bais Yaakov of BP which has more chassidish students than not by now. There isn't such a type of school in Monsey.

Please excuse my ignorance but I dont know the characteristics of BY of BP. please help me understand. ty

gold21

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 1:51 pm
Isn't Bais Rochel similar to BYBP?

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 1:58 pm
The only one I can think of would be Keser but they only have younger grades.

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 2:05 pm
Bais Rochel is a typical chassidish school. Not to compare to Bais Yaakov.

chocolover

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 2:17 pm
Bais rochel and bybp are very different. Bais rochel is much more chassidish and frum, and impossible to get into, and bybp has all types, litvish, yeshivish, heimish and some chassidish. It's a real problem in Monsey, there are not a lot of schools for this type, but so many families like this. OP have you tried bas mikroh?

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 4:08 pm
I actually think Keser BY is exactly that type. Bais Yaakov with the chasidish spin.
But it’s a new school and only has younger grades.

Sims123

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 8:51 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
in which way? what do you look for in a school?

Honestly, I found it to be a glorified babysitting service... I know that comes off harsh but I dont know how else to describe it. They barely did arts n crafts, homework was once a week, my 1st grader had no parsha questions and couldn't even tell me what parsha it was... that might not bother everyone it's just not where I come from is all...

Sims123

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 8:56 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
Unfortunately there's no chassidish type Bais Yaakov schools in Monsey. It's either chassidish, yeshivish/litvish, or modern. There's no middle of the way really.
Perhaps Bais Leah prospect park or keser bais yaakov would be a good fit for you. But they only have the younger grades.

Is Prospect in Monsey same kind of parent body as Brooklyn?

Sims123

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 9:05 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:

Bais Rochel is a mix.

Thank you for the breakdown Smile
Wow, it's hard to believe with so many people moving from brooklyn that void hasn't been filled yet...

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 9:09 pm
Sims123 wrote:
Is Prospect in Monsey same kind of parent body as Brooklyn?

I know that there are some shtreimel wearing fathers in Bnos Leah Prospect Park. I don’t know much about the school but based on what I’ve heard they will probably be the most suitable for me when the time comes for my daughter to go to school. Just to give you background. I’m from BP and went to Bais Brocha and BYHS and my father and brothers were chasidish. My DH wears a shtreimel but is not affiliated with any chasiddus

Sims123

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 9:11 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
I know that there are some shtreimel wearing fathers in Bnos Leah Prospect Park. I don’t know much about the school but based on what I’ve heard they will probably be the most suitable for me when the time comes for my daughter to go to school. Just to give you background. I’m from BP and went to Bais Brocha and BYHS and my father and brothers were chasidish. My DH wears a shtreimel but is not affiliated with any chasiddus

Sounds like us Wink

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Sep 24 2019, 12:15 am
Sims123 wrote:
Sounds like us Wink

If I may ask, where would you send your boys?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics