Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
One Drive is Full?

shantelle

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 1:16 pm
I've been a computer owner for decades and for some reason never had this issue before and am embarrassed that I have no clue what I'm supposed to do about it.

My year old computer is not saving anything any more because my "One Drive is full." I didn't realize I even have a One Drive. Why has this never happened to me with previous computers (that I owned for 5+ years)?

And most important... how do I solve this? Is my only option to buy more One Drive space?

Please advise, I'm really clueless about this.

Thanks!

chanatron1000

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 1:17 pm
Most people accumulate files that they can safely delete. Have you gone through your files?

shantelle

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 1:21 pm
Yes, that's what I've been doing the past few weeks but that's clearly not a long term solution and I've reached the point of not really being able to delete much more...

Plus it doesn't make sense (at least to me), that in all the years prior, on other computers, I saved document after document after document with no issues and now less than a year after I purchase this computer it's already running out of space?

I feel like I must be doing something wrong

chanatron1000

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 1:27 pm
Some newer computers simply come with less storage capacity than older computers used to because of solid state drives and cloud storage. How much storage do you have on your hard drive? I think Onedrive only offers 5 gig unless you pay, so there is just not that much space.

shantelle

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 1:32 pm
I have an HDD hard drive with 1TB capacity.
But then it also says my desktop hard drive size(GB) is 1000 and expandable memory (GB) is 32?
There are 12 GB of installed RAM

I have no idea which of the above (if any) answer your question (of how much storage I have on my hard drive)

chanatron1000

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 1:34 pm
I think Windows 10 saves to OneDrive by default, but you can change that to save to your hard drive. If that is the case, you have to go to Settings, click System, find the Save Locations settings, and set it to "This PC (C:​)" instead of OneDrive.

cholentfan1

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 2:10 pm
From the sound of it you're not saving to the hard drive, but rather the one drive which has a lot less space.
I think that if you look when saving a document at which folder you're saving it to-click on documents or whatever and make sure it's not the one drive.

chanatron1000

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 2:16 pm
You should move your existing files from the OneDrive to the C: drive if you want to make space to keep using your OneDrive for files you want to access from other computers.

chany-frum

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 2:37 pm
try ccleaner

should resolve the issue , let me know if it worked

shantelle

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 3:17 pm
Yes, it looks like my documents are automatically being saved to my One Drive, I have tons of room on my hard drive (C) but no matter what I try, it won't let me switch to saving anything there Sad
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics