Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
What's your pet peeve?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 8:24 pm
Optione wrote:
When a driver leaves on a blinker with no intention to turn or switch lanes.

Or worse, when they don't turn on the blinker UNTIL THEY ARE ACTUALLY TURNING! I can SEE you turning, I don't need your blinker for that. I need your blinker to know that you are PLANNING to turn, so I can see if I should slow down or if I should pass you etc.

amother
Coral

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 8:36 pm
This isn't my pet peeve but it is remarkably awkward when I was heavily pregnant and someone obviously in a rush held the door open for me when I was still a little bit away leaving me in the awkward position of having to run-waddle to the door which is a bad idea in my third trimester. Happened so many times Can't Believe It

But my pet peeve is when people lack basic WhatsApp etiquette

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 8:44 pm
Slow drivers in the left lane! Drives me crazy. Left lane is for passing.

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 9:35 pm
Being tapped.

My kids tap on me all the time, and it makes my skin crawl. I can't stand it. I can hear you saying "Mommy! Mommy!" You don't need to tap me!

My mother also sometimes taps my arm when she's speaking. Drives me nuts.

honeymoon

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 9:38 pm
People who stand like 2 inches away and breathe into your face while you talk to them. And each time you take a step back, they take a step forward.

singleagain

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 9:47 pm
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
Or worse, when they don't turn on the blinker UNTIL THEY ARE ACTUALLY TURNING! I can SEE you turning, I don't need your blinker for that. I need your blinker to know that you are PLANNING to turn, so I can see if I should slow down or if I should pass you etc.

Yes. Just today, I was waiting to turn right. And I was waiting for the person to pass me, when they turned right ... Had they had their blinker on, I would have known I could turn before they got to the intersection, instead I had to wait for another whole line of cars

amother
Red

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 10:06 pm
Drivers who are so busy on their phones at a red light that they don't notice when the light turns green.

Ima4therecord

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 10:38 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:

What's some WhatsApp etiquette? I wonder if I have or don't have it haha

Oh and also a pet peeve is when someone invites me to a WhatsApp group that I didn't want to be a part of and it's so awkward to leave...

Einikel

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 10:55 pm
Groceries or any store for that matter that take up the whole street with their goods. Especially while pushing a carriage.

amother
Coral

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 10:55 pm
Ima4therecord wrote:
What's some WhatsApp etiquette? I wonder if I have or don't have it haha

Oh and also a pet peeve is when someone invites me to a WhatsApp group that I didn't want to be a part of and it's so awkward to leave...

Not having individual conversations with one person on a group chat. Not sending voice notes on group chats of 100+ people that you don't know, not dividing your message into 40 bite sized snippets on group chats of 100+ people, not forwarding every single daily inspiration broadcast message you get onto groups, if we wanted to get it we could sign up for the broadcast ourselves, I could go on and on. It makes me crazy! Punch

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 11:22 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
Not having individual conversations with one person on a group chat. Not sending voice notes on group chats of 100+ people that you don't know, not dividing your message into 40 bite sized snippets on group chats of 100+ people, not forwarding every single daily inspiration broadcast message you get onto groups, if we wanted to get it we could sign up for the broadcast ourselves, I could go on and on. It makes me crazy! Punch

Also when someone starts posting in a different language that only a few people in the group understand, despite being fluent in the common language of the group.

EsaEinai

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 11:42 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
This isn't my pet peeve but it is remarkably awkward when I was heavily pregnant and someone obviously in a rush held the door open for me when I was still a little bit away leaving me in the awkward position of having to run-waddle to the door which is a bad idea in my third trimester. Happened so many times Can't Believe It

Visualizing that totally made my night. I feel for you! Pregnant women definitely can’t speed waddle Oy!

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 11:49 pm
Flip Flops wrote:
Oh My Gosh. The one who davens shmone esrei in that hushed whisper that's just loud enough for you to hear her shppmshphashamhpschashm... I could scream.

I wish the women in my shul would spend more time davening and less time talking. They're missing out on the opportunity of a lifetime!

Teomima

Post Thu, Sep 26 2019, 1:23 am
groovy1224 wrote:
Just thought of another one-

overuse of the word 'literally'

As in:
I literally died
My jaw literally hit the floor
I literally cannot breathe

Um..call a doctor?

YES!! Also excessive and unnecessary use of the word 'actually'.

Chazak613

Post Thu, Sep 26 2019, 2:46 am
when you use the word 'we' instead of 'I'. Who else are you referring to? Not talking about

husband/wife kind of thing

Like on a chat "We ordered yogurts and they arrived spoiled.."

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Sep 26 2019, 8:17 am
I agree with almost all of those (except the "agency" thing.) I guess I must be really, really irritable.

In Israel, nobody uses turn signals. If you are at a 4 way roundabout, you have to guess, and hope that the car will actually stop at the crosswalk. Pedestrians have the right of way - but sometimes you have to choose between being right, or getting run over.

People who leave a shopping cart with a fews groceries and a toddler in line, while they run around the store getting everything else they want. If the line moves on and you're behind the "abandoned cart" and you try to go around it, either the toddler starts screaming, or the parent runs over and yells at you.

I keep telling myself over and over again "It's just cultural. People don't mean to be rude." even when I honestly think that some people are just entitled jerks. Living here often challenged me to judge favorably in ways that I could never have imagined. I have to remind myself of all the blessings I am getting for not yelling back at people.

amother
Jade

Post Thu, Sep 26 2019, 8:26 am
Teomima wrote:
YES!! Also excessive and unnecessary use of the word 'actually'.

But like actuality, my teen DD literally, like totally, uses the word like all the time, but like whatever, never mind.

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Sep 26 2019, 8:32 am
groovy1224 wrote:
Just thought of another one-

overuse of the word 'literally'

As in:
I literally died
My jaw literally hit the floor
I literally cannot breathe

Um..call a doctor?

Parks and rec anyone?

amother
Olive

Post Thu, Sep 26 2019, 8:48 am
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
Slow drivers in the left lane! Drives me crazy. Left lane is for passing.

Well maybe they think they're in the UK where the left lane is the slow lane. It took me a moment to remember that you drive on the right, while we drive on the left.

One of my peeves is on my kids. Why must they tip out every toy and not play with any of them? And complain they're bored?

amother
Seashell

Post Thu, Sep 26 2019, 12:13 pm
People-especially random strangers- who give unsolicited advice.

Supermarket shoppers who touch a challah, bagel etc, they’re not buying.
If you touch it-buy it. Yuck

English speaking people in Israel who think they’re the only ones who are from chutz laaretz and will talk about or mock you in front of your face.
Page 6 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette