Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
What's your pet peeve?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8

TheNeutralOne

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 11:39 pm
Also getting into bed when there are crumbs or who knows what on the sheet. The at-the-beach feeling.

yersp

Post Fri, Jul 24 2020, 5:37 am
I know this is an oldish topic, I had no patience to start yet another pet peeve thread and this bothers me like chalk on a chalkboard (not fingernails) or someone chewing loudly with their mouth open. I hate it when people do this especially because in regards to this person in particular, we are each other's favorite person in the world (not).
My biggest pet peeve is when I send a message to my most favorite person in the world (sarcasm alert) and all I need is a simple yes or no answer. Instead I get asked a million and one questions about said question but dodging the actual question and here we are today, the question stayed unanswered and I went ahead with whatever the question was and did my thing as if that conversation never happened.
I'm trying to be civil and somewhat mentchlich by actually reaching out to said person because if I don't, let's not get into it how some smoldering old issues which I personally have gotten over will boil over and explode yet again.
For the record, said person would never in a million years bother with inquiring with me had the situation been reversed and I have been training myself on moving on because you can't get some people to be a mentch and then if I would raise the roof, I would start yet another fire that will smolder and burn and erupt at the most inopportune times.
So, in conclusion: be a mentch and a normal person and answer the stupid question with a simple Yes thank you or No thank you. Nothing more and nothing less.

silverlining3

Post Fri, Jul 24 2020, 8:02 am
Thanks for bumping this read. Haven't read most comments-pet peeves yet, so plz forgive me if someone shares my pet peeve and mentioned it already. One at the top of my head (I'm sure I have more lol)
I cannot stand people returning different company products than what they borrowed, without asking before if I'm okay with the diff brand.

amother
Aqua

Post Fri, Jul 24 2020, 12:39 pm
people guilting other people in to spending money. If you aren't footing the bill then don't tell someone else that they need to have a larger/fancier... simcha especially if you are a rabbi and they will think that they are doing something wrong frumkeit wise if they don't listen to you. argh!!!! makes me so mad.

Stars

Post Fri, Jul 24 2020, 3:13 pm
When people complain about free things or free advice!!! The worst.

PeanutMama

Post Fri, Jul 24 2020, 3:40 pm
People pushing me to do things I’m not ready to do yet

Zehava

Post Fri, Jul 24 2020, 3:47 pm
So many
People who tell others how to live their lives.
People who play victim, complain nonstop, and expect others to go out of their way for them.
People who are catty and play petty politics. Yeah, most of the time it’s the same people who do all of it.

amother
Denim

Post Fri, Jul 24 2020, 4:02 pm
Zehava wrote:
So many
People who tell others how to live their lives.
People who play victim, complain nonstop, and expect others to go out of their way for them.
People who are catty and play petty politics. Yeah, most of the time it’s the same people who do all of it.

I can’t stand when people use the word I instead of me every time, even when it’s incorrect grammar. Even journalists and politicians do it. It’s not correct to say-she approached my husband and I. It’s correct to say my husband and I approached her.
Page 8 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette