Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
What's your pet peeve?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Sep 24 2019, 9:40 am
People with poor table manners Banging head
But there is one thing slightly worse: people (mostly women in this case) who leave strollers in narrow aisles or small spaces and don't give a hoot that they block it and they don't have the brain to move it. Exploding anger

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Sep 24 2019, 11:28 am
When people:

Say much instead of many.
Chew with their mouth open.
Stop in middle of a busy street to talk to someone they know and block everyone from passing.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Sep 24 2019, 11:33 am
And when I hear people calling single adults a girl or boy. Just because someone isn't married doesn't mean they shouldn't be called a lady or a man.

groovy1224

Post Tue, Sep 24 2019, 11:36 am
singleagain wrote:
Omg
Yes the shopping carts. In general when ppl just leave them all over the parking lot.

No, it's not someone's job to go get them. At least, not their specific job. It's usually a bagger or cashier who needs to go get them, which means that there is now one less person to help in the front which can be especially bad on busy Thursday/Friday or right before chag. Bc their is no time for them to step away to collect them and then you come into the store and don't see the carts. And then your annoyed and we're slammed. So the manager goes to do it, and then he's not available.... it's a snowball effect. Just put your carts away. At least to the designated cart areas.

Signed a supermarket employee. Who's job is in the office, but yes, who has collected carts.

If a store has shopping cart return areas, I think it's lazy for people not to use them. They're usually in every aisle, so it would only take 15 seconds to put your cart there.

But when a store doesn't have them, I wouldn't expect people to move their cart back to where they got them because sometimes if you parked a distance away, and you have kids in the car, you can't really just walk a minute there and back to return the cart.

But in that case, you can still find a place to put the cart where it's not stopping anyone from pulling out.

chocolover

Post Tue, Sep 24 2019, 2:16 pm
Another grammar one- when people say I could care less, instead of I couldn't. Like grrr I could care less means that you actually really care lol. This makes me so nervous Banging head

chanatron1000

Post Tue, Sep 24 2019, 2:19 pm
mother32 wrote:
Another grammar one- when people say I could care less, instead of I couldn't. Like grrr I could care less means that you actually really care lol. This makes me so nervous Banging head

It means an unspecified positive amount.

singleagain

Post Tue, Sep 24 2019, 2:19 pm
My grammar/ spelling pet peeve

Even ppl don't forgive typos. Like I'm swyping and I don't always think to read over what I wrote. Give me a break!

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Sep 24 2019, 2:22 pm
singleagain wrote:
My grammar/ spelling pet peeve

Even ppl don't forgive typos. Like I'm swyping and I don't always think to read over what I wrote. Give me a break!

It's fine to have a typo sometimes, but it's disrespectful to expect people to try to decipher long strings of misspelled and misused words.

singleagain

Post Tue, Sep 24 2019, 2:33 pm
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
It's fine to have a typo sometimes, but it's disrespectful to expect people to try to decipher long strings of misspelled and misused words.

I agree.. but I've been picked apart for innocent typos and that's frustrating. Especially, common ones, bc of the way the letters are. Like it/our/or it's the same movement when swyping.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Sep 24 2019, 2:36 pm
singleagain wrote:
I agree.. but I've been picked apart for innocent typos and that's frustrating. Especially, common ones, bc of the way the letters are. Like it/our/or it's the same movement when swyping.

A typo or two is fine as long as you don't mix up the B and N keys while comparing the sizes of two things.

singleagain

Post Tue, Sep 24 2019, 2:39 pm
A typo or two is fine as long as you don't mix up the B and N keys while comparing the sizes of two things.

I don't get it

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Sep 24 2019, 2:40 pm
singleagain wrote:
I don't get it

bigger

singleagain

Post Tue, Sep 24 2019, 2:46 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
bigger

Ah.. Yes that would be a terrible typo

MommyM

Post Tue, Sep 24 2019, 2:51 pm
When people cut their nails in public.

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Sep 24 2019, 5:20 pm
UQT wrote:
When I pocket dial someone for 1.1 second, hang up and they call me back to see what I needed. If I needed something I would leave a voicemail, text or call back. (and yes I do miss the flip phones. You never want to be the last person I called.)

Um, u were the one who made the error not them.

Cheiny

Post Tue, Sep 24 2019, 5:21 pm
EsaEinai wrote:
Close talking. I absolutely hate when people get too close when they talk to me. I inch backwards... and they take another step closer. Ahhh!!

Especially at the table while they’re eating!

ohnuts!

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 1:32 am
When I hold the door open for a woman with a baby carriage and she just walks right in. No thank you or nod... Just sails right by you like you're invisible. Makes me want to slam the door on her!

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 2:33 am
ohnuts! wrote:
When I hold the door open for a woman with a baby carriage and she just walks right in. No thank you or nod... Just sails right by you like you're invisible. Makes me want to slam the door on her!

Don't expect thanks for doing something nobody asked for.

blessedjmom

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 7:48 am
Guests that slurp their soup.
Or when people speak while theres food in their mouth... Banging head Can't Believe It

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 7:59 am
Don't expect thanks for doing something nobody asked for.

Huh?? Of course it's expected, that's basic mentchlichkeit.
Page 3 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette