Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
How much clothing to buy for children each season?

Ima4therecord

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 5:40 pm
BH children grow so fast and grow out of clothing just as fast. Hamydowns are great, but it's not always an option. I just bought a lot of my 2 year old's daughter clothing from carters (casual cute for school), a few stuff on zara and amazon, an outift here, an outfit there, yom tov shoes... etc... tights...

Obviously everyone is different in how they spend for their children... but I was wondering if anyone had a stress free system of buying their children clothing each season that they would like to share.. maybe I'll get ideas! It's coming from a place of uch I hate spending money... but obviously I have to because my kid needs clothes, and I want her to look nice, and I shouldn't feel guilty buying my child clothing. BH right now I have one boy and one girl so Gd willing when more comes ill have hamydowns so that's good Smile

thanks Smile

ra_mom

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 5:53 pm
8-12 weekday
2-3 shabbos (depending on how many weddings/3 day YTs)
1 shabbos robe
(Those in uniform: 5 shirts + 3 skirts + 3-5 weekday)

2 weekday sets reserve for off days. They don't need to be expensive or elaborate. The kids are hard on their clothes and some things can't be worn to school or else there will be no options for parties and occasions by the time the season starts to wind down.

SuperWify

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 6:18 pm
5 weekday tops and leggings - mix and match
3 weekday outfits
3-4 shabbos outfits (depending on how YT falls, this year 5 days of YT/ Shabbos on sukkos...)
1 nice pair of shoes for weekday and shabbos. (For 2 and under shabbos shoes are not necessary.)
1 pair of sneakers
10 pairs of socks- for an easy time buy 5 to match the shoes and another 5 to match the sneaker.
5-7 pairs pjs
2 shabbos pjs or a robe (for long Friday nights I like to have something nice to wear.)

10 undershirts and underwear.
Jacket
Coat
Gloves and hat

And yes even with hand me downs and gifts for my mom or MIL a complete wardrobe is costly and takes time to figure it all out!

southernbubby

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 6:21 pm
It depends on the age of the kids and how often do you laundry. Little kids get their clothes dirtier than big kids but when it comes to boys' white shirts, even big boys stain them up.
You should load up on underwear, socks and tights because sometimes the clothes are not dirty but fresh undies are a must.
Also buy several pairs of cheap mittens if you live in a cold place because they always get lost and get an extra pair of cheap sneakers in case you can't find their shoes and the bus is coming.

SuperWify

Post Tue, Sep 24 2019, 4:54 am
southernbubby wrote:
It depends on the age of the kids and how often do you laundry. Little kids get their clothes dirtier than big kids but when it comes to boys' white shirts, even big boys stain them up.
You should load up on underwear, socks and tights because sometimes the clothes are not dirty but fresh undies are a must.
Also buy several pairs of cheap mittens if you live in a cold place because they always get lost and get an extra pair of cheap sneakers in case you can't find their shoes and the bus is coming.

Yes, I forgot I mention this- be on top of your laundry. Wash once or twice weekly and wash carefully so they don’t get ruined. Spray and soak each item in the machine before washing. After washing check each item to make sure stains got out before dumping into the dryer.

If you don’t have patience- I have a few friends that told me they don’t- dump everything in add oxi clean color safe, dump onto dryer and pray. One friend told me she purposely buys lots of items and for very cheap because she doesn’t ha e time for careful laundry. So yes, definitely factor in what type of laundry person you are.

Sunshine3

Post Tue, Sep 24 2019, 5:31 am
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains