Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Samsung versus ge gas range

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 9:24 pm
Anyone have either and can weigh in? Standard 30 inch range. Samsung has 5.8 cubic feet interior and ge has 5 cubic feet. Both are 5 burners and same price. Samsung is on sale now. Supposedly ge has better customer service if any issues but who knows? Maybe the appliance store makes more on it

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 10:33 pm
My friend had a terrible experience with her Samsung. I don't remember exact details, but it broke in two different ways (the electronic part and the range itself), and the company warranty wasn't upheld until after literally weeks of phone calls.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 24 2019, 5:05 am
Bumping up for morning people Smile

momallhours

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 9:35 am
Hi,

I'm bumping up this old thread since I have the same question and looking for info.

The appliance store is pushing to get the Samsung. I am wary since I never heard of anyone getting it and would rather stick to the GE.

The Samsung is a much better price though and the appliance store claims it is the same quality.

Ao with experience on either, can you weigh in?

TYIA!

amother
Currant

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 9:43 am
I got a Samsung and am very happy with it

Rubber Ducky

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 9:54 am
GE has a good reputation for ranges. The best people to ask are those who do repairs.

amother
Camellia

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 9:58 am
I think that Samsung should stay with making smart phones! I replaced all my Samsung appliances with GE. If you have to repair them, their service tech fees are astronomical, and their product is not on par with GE...they don't last very long before breaking down.

momallhours

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 10:29 am
Rubber Ducky wrote:
GE has a good reputation for ranges. The best people to ask are those who do repairs.

That is a good idea! I feel like the salesman is inherently that! not sure what do believe...

momallhours

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 10:30 am
amother [ Camellia ] wrote:
I think that Samsung should stay with making smart phones! I replaced all my Samsung appliances with GE. If you have to repair them, their service tech fees are astronomical, and their product is not on par with GE...they don't last very long before breaking down.

Thank you! Great points! Just curious how long did you have it before it began breaking down?

amother
Petunia

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 11:34 am
Going to piggyback here - what about the Bosch range? Is it comparable to the GE?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen