Home

Greta Thunberg; wunderkind or badly misled?
  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next  Last >>

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

PinkFridge

Post  Wed, Sep 25 2019, 9:00 am
Shoshiescute wrote:
Not satire

Watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOhLO-7SHGw

Read this: https://www.afa.net/the-stand/.....hoax/

First of all, welcome!
Second, if the content of your previous post in this thread comes afa, then you've lost me.
I haven't looked into afa fully. It's very possible, that as religious conservatives, there's a lot we're on the same pagesish about. But I just read the about us section and they scare me and I would find my info elsewhere. Just saying.

mommy9

Post  Wed, Sep 25 2019, 9:09 am
Are foil pans recyclable? I thought they weren't.

mo5

Post  Wed, Sep 25 2019, 9:35 am
Frumwithallergies wrote:
Loved reading Thomas Kuhn!
You raise excellent points!
As a composting, minimalist, hybrid-driving Ima with a healthy existential crisis-sensation, I feel Greta's plea to my core! This isn't fear-mongering, people! This is real! With warming, animals are migrating north and we have diseases like Lyme spreading like never before. I know that this is one measly example, but let's not be American-centric for a moment. There are islands which are threatened with complete flooding. I'll stop here because I need to get my kids off to school.

I think it is fear-mongering. Cuban missile crisis, Cold War fears fired up earlier generations.

Signed, a composting, (trying to be) minimalist, rainwater harvesting, solar powering, real dishes Ima, with a dose of perspective and bitachon

southernbubby

Post  Wed, Sep 25 2019, 9:37 am
mommy9 wrote:
Are foil pans recyclable? I thought they weren't.

Only if they are clean.

Ruchel

Post  Wed, Sep 25 2019, 9:53 am
manipulated probably proud

#BestBubby

Post  Wed, Sep 25 2019, 10:52 am
The world's biggest polluter is CHINA.

Yet ONLY the United States is pressured to commit suicide by adopting climate change restrictions that would destroy all jobs in US.

This is evidence that Climate Change is a Hoax, a tool, for political agenda.

southernbubby

Post  Wed, Sep 25 2019, 11:08 am
#BestBubby wrote:

Yet ONLY the United States is pressured to commit suicide by adopting climate change restrictions that would destroy all jobs in US.

If Trump were to succeed in bringing manufacturing jobs back to the US, wouldn't we be bigger polluters? The stuff that Americans buy is made in China.

shyshira

Post  Wed, Sep 25 2019, 11:16 am
#BestBubby wrote:

FAKE NEWS

gamanit

Post  Wed, Sep 25 2019, 11:17 am
Ok, real question here. Do any of the imamothers who are strongly into protecting the planet from climate change use disposable diapers? How about paper newspapers or large TV screens?

Ruchel

Post  Wed, Sep 25 2019, 11:29 am
When are we gonna stop pretending it's regular people's fault the planet's dying because they wont go vegan or take 5 minute showers and start actually blaming corporations that produce astronomical pollution and dump toxic waste directly into the mouths of great whales like
(dirty link but true message) https://twitter.com/metalcoreb.....94880

ora_43

Post  Wed, Sep 25 2019, 11:39 am
mo5 wrote:
I think it is fear-mongering. Cuban missile crisis, Cold War fears fired up earlier generations.

Just because the Cuban missile crisis was resolved peacefully, doesn't mean it was a fake crisis.

southernbubby

Post  Wed, Sep 25 2019, 11:45 am
gamanit wrote:
Ok, real question here. Do any of the imamothers who are strongly into protecting the planet from climate change use disposable diapers? How about paper newspapers or large TV screens?

We can all improve. I wonder when someone will market biodegradable Keurig cups. There are apparently a handful of stores in America that sell package-free goods that you weigh into your own containers or into paper bags. I am not sure why it hasn't caught on but Americans love name brands and convenience.

gamanit

Post  Wed, Sep 25 2019, 11:49 am
southernbubby wrote:
We can all improve. I wonder when someone will market biodegradable Keurig cups. There are apparently a handful of stores in America that sell package-free goods that you weigh into your own containers or into paper bags. I am not sure why it hasn't caught on but Americans love name brands and convenience.

I actually have a design for that in mind. If anyone knows enough about manufacturing to get my idea off the ground please pm me.

princessleah

Post  Thu, Sep 26 2019, 8:56 am
My father is a very frum man, he has smicha from Rav Soloveichik and lives a life of Torah and Mitzvot.
He also has a PhD in a climate-related science.
He was a typical Reagan republican, fiscally and socially conservative, and voted republican in every election. Until 2008 when he couldn’t bear the science denial of the republicans anymore and switched, because he was so concerned about the planet.

Don’t kid yourselves. The Democrats are not trying to take control of the country. The reason the republicans deny climate science is because they want to continue to enrich themselves and their buddies in the fossil fuel industry. There’s no reason to bring back coal!

#BestBubby

Post  Thu, Sep 26 2019, 11:03 am
princessleah wrote:
My father is a very frum man, he has smicha from Rav Soloveichik and lives a life of Torah and Mitzvot.
He was a typical Reagan republican, fiscally and socially conservative, and voted republican in every election. Until 2008 when he couldn’t bear the science denial of the republicans anymore and switched, because he was so concerned about the planet.

Don’t kid yourselves. The Democrats are not trying to take control of the country. The reason the republicans deny climate science is because they want to continue to enrich themselves and their buddies in the fossil fuel industry. There’s no reason to bring back coal!

Is your father's Parnassah dependent on promoting man-made climate change?

chanatron1000

Post  Thu, Sep 26 2019, 11:06 am
Isn't it weird that a glass bottle can last hundreds of years, but instead we melt them down and shape them into new ones after every use?

PinkFridge

princessleah wrote:

Thank you for sharing this.
I think this points to the struggles we have, that I referred to earlier in the thread. I think that people who don't make his political decision are also acting with integrity and are informed. The crux is, in this current political (if I may use the word) climate, if we can treat each other with respect.

ETA: cross-posted with other posters Wink

Last edited by PinkFridge on Thu, Sep 26 2019, 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total

princessleah

#BestBubby wrote:

Nope! A) he’s retired. B) he hadn’t worked in the field since 1999 and C) please refrain from being motzi shem ra a fellow Jew, thanks!

gamanit

Post  Thu, Sep 26 2019, 11:12 am
chanatron1000 wrote:
Isn't it weird that a glass bottle can last hundreds of years, but instead we melt them down and shape them into new ones after every use?

Yes!! And street signs get melted down as part of regular recycling instead of being refinished and repainted (far less energy needed for that)

ora_43

Post  Thu, Sep 26 2019, 11:46 am
#BestBubby wrote:

How would that even work?

If, say, an oil conglomerate paid a bunch of ad execs to convince gullible people that climate change isn't real - I can see where the profit is in that. People doubting climate change -> less support for laws limiting pollution -> oil conglomerate saves money.

Where's the profit the other way around? You keep saying that scientists profit by saying climate change is real - but how? Who's paying, and why? Democrats who want to destroy America? But where's the profit in destroying America, where's the money coming from?

Come on, this is Conspiracy Theory 101.
  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

Page 8 of 10 View latest: 24h 48h 72h