Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
About how much data do you use a month?

yo'ma

Post Tue, Sep 24 2019, 11:45 am
I have 2 gigabytes and it's never enough. I barely use my phone outside my home except maybe for whatsapp. I'm really bad with technology lingo so I may be using the wrong word. I'm not asking what I should do because I'm taking care of it, but would you consider that a lot or a little? How much do you use?

Plonis

Post Tue, Sep 24 2019, 11:48 am
That's a lot for just Whatsapp, unless you are sharing and downloading a lot of videos too.

You can change the WhatsApp settings to not auto-download pictures and videos when not on Wifi. But I'd first check to make sure that your phone is properly connecting to your Wifi when you are at home.

When DH's phone runs out of data that usually is what the problem is - phone not connecting to wifi.

icebreaker

Post Tue, Sep 24 2019, 12:11 pm
I have unlimited data so I don't really count but I do know I use a lot. I'm glued to my phone between work, my kids, the games I play, and all the other stuff I do on it lol. I may be wrong but I do think Whatsapp uses a lot of data.

miami85

Post Tue, Sep 24 2019, 12:34 pm
For years I had "unlimited" with Verizon and was grandfathered in when that plan was discontinued. I used my phone as my hotspot. Was great, no complaints, used it as much as I want and we didn't need internet in the home. Then someone suggested that we could save $100 a month by switching to Sprint and we'd get 40GB per month. Before making the switch I carefully monitored our usage on our Unlimited Verizon plan for several monthsand we were usually in the 25GB range using it as much as we wanted. So we made the switch. Without much explanation, all of a sudden using it the same pattern as Verizon, we were getting to 30 GB 2 weeks into the month and then sparingly the rest of the month. I asked them all the time about this, no explanation.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics