Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
How to make RH meaningful with a baby at home?

Chang

Post Tue, Sep 24 2019, 4:05 pm
My dd is 8 months old. I doubt I will go to shul at all. Except when my sister babysits her 20 month old and my dd and then we swop..How do I make sure that I can still daven and be inspired?
I'm breastfeeding and my sister is heavily pregnant so I assume neither of us will be in shul much but we'll be together at my parents.

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Sep 24 2019, 4:22 pm
Daven to yourself when the baby naps

penguin

Post Tue, Sep 24 2019, 5:02 pm
Be busy thanking Hashem that you're one of those women still in shul year after year!

cheerios

Post Tue, Sep 24 2019, 8:41 pm
[quote="Chang"..How do I make sure that I can still daven and be inspired?[/quote]

Sing the davening (with your baby either on your lap or playing nearby) with the rosh hashana tunes you remember from the years you went to shul.
However much davening you manage to say, remember being home with your baby is just what hashem wants you to be doing at this point.
And keep in mind that Chana Haneviah gave up the opportunity to be oleh regel and go to the beis hamikdash to be with her child the first 2 years.

Flip Flops

Post Tue, Sep 24 2019, 8:45 pm
Side question:
If I do have time to daven at home while my baby naps, what do I say? Do I say everything from chazaras hashatz that I'd be saying in shul?
Also my first time being home b"H!

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Sep 24 2019, 8:54 pm
It will be a big adjustment!

Know you are to experience the first of many such yamim tovim.

Instead of trying to celebrate rh the way you used to, and never measuring up, look for new ways to connect.

Personal experience has taught me, that davening with young babies is challenging. Here’s my first attempt. My baby was fed, changed and napping in stroller right next to me, when I started Shemona Esrei. 3 minutes in, he woke up in a startle... I was praying and shaking...

Now I tell my husband it’s your responsibility to daven for me. I have a different tackiest right now.

I say some tehillim, get inspirational books to read and thank Hashem for your precious child

Ruchel

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 4:28 am
BH we have no obligation hence spiritual need for time mitzvos. I was discussing this with my mom just yesterday. Life is busy. It's a relief. BH here in good reasons

salt

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 4:36 am
Flip Flops wrote:
Side question:
If I do have time to daven at home while my baby naps, what do I say? Do I say everything from chazaras hashatz that I'd be saying in shul?
Also my first time being home b"H!

You only need to say the yachid's Shemona Esreh.
Just like on a week day, you don't say chazaras hashatz.
But you can sing some of the nice songs, and say the piyutim from chazaras hashatz if you want.

(ps - this is not a psak that I got, just using my common sense)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur