Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
I hate hate hate my job

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 24 2019, 5:50 pm
And want to quit but we need the parnassa. I have no other talents or skills that would bring in this income. I’m starting to become depressed and numb. What would you do if you hated your job so much that it was making you miserable, yet you need the income to help support your family?

Flip Flops

Post Tue, Sep 24 2019, 5:55 pm
Do you hate the field you are in / type of work, or do you hate your current work location?
Big difference.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 24 2019, 6:24 pm
I think both

Flip Flops

Post Tue, Sep 24 2019, 6:37 pm
If it's just your work location, you can look into other options.
Overall, I would tell you to daven, daven and daven more. Hashem runs the world and can do anything - even what may seem impossible right now. Tell him how lost you are, how you hate your job and don't know where to turn. Yeshuas Hashem K'heref ayin. Hashem can make something land at your doorstep from left field. Tons of hugs. I know what it's like to hate a job.

Jewishfoodie

Post Tue, Sep 24 2019, 6:53 pm
Flip Flops wrote:
If it's just your work location, you can look into other options.
Overall, I would tell you to daven, daven and daven more. Hashem runs the world and can do anything - even what may seem impossible right now. Tell him how lost you are, how you hate your job and don't know where to turn. Yeshuas Hashem K'heref ayin. Hashem can make something land at your doorstep from left field. Tons of hugs. I know what it's like to hate a job.

This!!!

And hugs from me too. Yeah, not everyone loves working. And we're stuck doing it anyway. But I don't agree that "those are your only talents"... Try other things. You will be pleasantly surprised. Don't quit your job until u find another of course, but try things. Different things! You'll be surprised at what you truly can and like to do! You don't have to be a computer whiz or a people person to be a great worker. So long as your environment is good and your coworkers are decent human beings, new experiences are fun!

Don't hate your job or its twice as long and not worth twice the $$

Find something u love. Trust me.. It's out there..

Tell us things you enjoy doing and maybe we can all direct you to the job of ur dreams?

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Sep 24 2019, 6:56 pm
Do you have a passion, or some sort of talent you can train in? There are so many frum ppl in so many different fields who will likely be able to tell you about what they do and how you can train. Vocational training doesn't have to take very long or be very expensive.
Even if you can't leave your job now, it may be able to provide some hope that things can change.

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Sep 24 2019, 7:13 pm
Find something else. There's always something else. That's what I did. Now I work directly with customers even though I thought that's the last kind of job I would take. I love it! People are so interesting!

singleagain

Post Tue, Sep 24 2019, 7:34 pm
It could also be the environment your in.

I used to hate hate my job, swore I would never do another computer job.

I now work at a computer job and love it. The work environment made all the difference.

But if changing isn't an option now.. is that anything that you do like?

miami85

Post Tue, Sep 24 2019, 7:50 pm
I can somewhat relate, I took a job OOT and we moved for my job. While it is a good learning opportunity, of the field I was trained for, this job grossly under utilizes my skills and I'm not thrilled. It's the same for all the similar jobs locally so even just switching within this city is not so simple. We made a "mental commitment" of several years, ideally 6, so trying to stick it out but not happy about it.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 5:59 pm
I could have written this post. It is so hard when you don't find fulfillment in your job and you need to work to help support your family.

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 6:17 pm
My DH is in just this same predicament. He has a nasty boss, he is a criticizer. Always a bad word on his tongue.
He hires and fires left and right. You never know when you'll be next to be fired, he just emails loyal workers: you're fired.
It's horrible to work for such a person.
My DH dreads going into work, but wouldn't leave until he finds something else, we need an income. Though he pays beans, far from anough to make a living, but it's more than nothing.
It's so sad for me to watch it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics