Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Does your husband love you or his mom more?
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 12:57 am
Does your husband love you or his mom more?

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 12:59 am
His mom

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 1:37 am
Used to be his mom, until recently, with the help of intensive therapy, he started loving me more bh!

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 2:03 am
Me, BH!

tweety1

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 2:16 am
I hope that me. I never really asked him. Never even gave it a thought Idea

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 2:23 am
Me more than his mom.
But he might love his father more than me.
Not love as in romantic love, but, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but you did ask - if he'd had to save either me or his father from drowning, he may save his father.
But I would never ask him!

yc

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 2:26 am
This is a strange question. Its apples and oranges. Anyone wondering this is probably newlywed. A better question would be who he favors in disagreements etc. Love of a mother vs wife can not be compared!

Ruchel

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 4:56 am
It's not comparable. Yet behavour wise the Torah itself says what to do

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 5:05 am
Such a weird question! Who do you love more, your mom or your kids? DH or your mom? Your favorite aunt, or your child who gives you the most challenges?

Everyone loves everyone in different ways.

watergirl

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 8:11 am
Its a different kind of love. My husband loves his mother differently than he loves me. We all have different love for different types of people in our lives.

gold21

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 8:28 am
I'm not in competition with my MIL for his love.

I hope my boys will iyh love me when they're married. And their wives. Both, different ways.

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 8:35 am
The first 10 yrs his mom
Now me
B”H she lives a 9 hr plane ride away

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 8:40 am
Both but many times it is more his mom, I don't know if he loves her more, I think she cant let go...
An example of DH showing more interest, Yesterday we each had a very busy day and I send him a message of something important (didnt want to disturb) waitied 5 min for reply when suddenly he got a group message from his mom and he replied straight away, it hurts...

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 8:42 am
He loves chocolate ice cream!
Seriously though, grow up my DH loved his mom & he loves me & he loves our kids.
Kids don’t stop loving their parents when they marry. It’s different relationships. Do you love your husband more than your father?
C’mon you’re not 2 years old.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 8:44 am
Me more than his mom bh.
I used to tell him these kinds of love jokes abt his mom because they are super close. He always gets super insulted..

nchr

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 8:46 am
He loves us both, but I'd be lying to say that his mother is not more special to him. That is fine with me - I love her too!

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 9:02 am
I find this topic hilarious for some reason LOL LOL
He loves us both. Its not really a competition. Shed beat me in the kitchen id beat her on the runway Wink

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 9:04 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
Both but many times it is more his mom, I don't know if he loves her more, I think she cant let go...
An example of DH showing more interest, Yesterday we each had a very busy day and I send him a message of something important (didnt want to disturb) waitied 5 min for reply when suddenly he got a group message from his mom and he replied straight away, it hurts...

Sometimes you see a text and think, Ok and forget to actually text a response. Or maybe the topic was more interesting in the chat than what you wanted to discuss with him. Maybe he's nervous his mother will be upset if he doesn't respond to her. Could be a lot of things that have nothing at all to do with his love.

Laiya

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 9:10 am
No relationship can replace another. The question is based on a faulty premise.

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 9:10 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:

There's a mitzva of kibbud aim in the torah. He might have been busy but responded anyway because it was his mother!
Usually wife is more undertanding if husband is busy and doesn't respond right away!
Doesn't mean anything about him loving you less!
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics