Home

Does your husband love you or his mom more?
Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




Plum


Post  Thu, Sep 26 2019, 8:55 am
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
my ex definitely loved me MUCH more than his mom pretty much right after marriage -so doesn't show anything or make for a better marriage

If this was the case, he must've hated his mother long before he even met you.
(not intended to you personally.)
Back to top

zaq




 
 
 


Post  Thu, Sep 26 2019, 9:28 am
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
If this was the case, he must've hated his mother long before he even met you.
(not intended to you personally.)


Not necessarily. 1. Exes don’t necessarily hate each other. They may even get along after a fashion but be unable to live together.
2. Just because people divorced doesn’t mean they never loved each other in the first place. Often enough, love dies not violently but quietly, of starvation and neglect.
Back to top

CatLady




 
 
 


Post  Thu, Sep 26 2019, 11:45 am
Am I the only one that thought of this Drake lyric?

"She say, "Do you love me?" I tell her, "Only partly"
I only love my bed and my momma, I'm sorry"

You're welcome.
Back to top

rivkeyb




 
 
 


Post  Thu, Sep 26 2019, 2:03 pm
different kind of love
Back to top

amother




Plum


Post  Wed, Oct 02 2019, 10:41 am
zaq wrote:
Not necessarily. 1. Exes don’t necessarily hate each other. They may even get along after a fashion but be unable to live together.
2. Just because people divorced doesn’t mean they never loved each other in the first place. Often enough, love dies not violently but quietly, of starvation and neglect.

Zaq, my statement applies to anyone, ex or not.
She stated that he loved her 'much more' than his mom 'from the start, right after marriage'.
If a newly wed loves his/her spouse much more than his mom from the start, right after marriage, s/he must've not loved his mom very much in the first place...

Re-read amother peach's post
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
my ex definitely loved me MUCH more than his mom pretty much right after marriage -so doesn't show anything or make for a better marriage
Back to top

zaq




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Oct 02 2019, 1:33 pm
amother [ Plum ] wrote:


It would depend on their relationship history. A newlywed man who was set up by a shadchan, married his wife after three dates and a six-week engagement is different from a newlywed man who dated his wife for two years and had a six-month engagement.

But in any case, how would she even know? Because he gave her more expensive gifts than he gave his mom? Spent more time with her ? Talked to her more? Isn’t that what a newlywed man is supposed to do? I would be deeply concerned if a newlywed man DIDN’T do all those things.

Or does she say that because her dh said I love you much more than anyone else even my mom? What else is a man supposed to say if his wife asks such a question—which is one of those double-edged questions a person should never answer at all because it’s a minefield? Asinine question anyway since they are different flavors of love, but not everyone is intelligent enough to understand that.
Back to top
Previous  1, 2, 3 Recent Topics

Page 3 of 3 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Working Mom's Raise Their Kids
by keym
29 Today at 5:07 pm View last post
Facebook group for mom's of twins !
by amother
0 Today at 3:50 pm View last post
My chldrn ages 13yr thru 16 months LOVE to rub themselves...
by amother
18 Sun, Nov 17 2019, 10:35 am View last post
Five Love Languages
by essie14
5 Thu, Nov 14 2019, 12:02 pm View last post
by zaq
Matching mom and baby hat
by amother
4 Wed, Nov 13 2019, 4:40 pm View last post
by kenz

Jump to: