Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Shabbos shoes for DD help
Previous  1  2

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Sep 26 2019, 6:35 pm
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
DD is 8 (going on 80) and I ordered this for her. It looks adorable and its very supportive! Highly recommended
https://www.next.us/en/g23464s1#339727

Until what age would you all put your daughters in tstrap? 6th grade still acceptable?

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 1:37 pm
bump. what shoes did you end up getting? looking for size 5 1/2. looks like the links are for smaller sizes.

seeker

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 1:41 pm
I found something at children's place that she liked, looked good, and fit with an extra hole punched for tighter buckling. After wearing it for just one day on Rosh Hashanah they looked like garbage. I've had $20 shoes that held up much better. I hope I can get my money back on these because I'm back to the drawing board.

seeker

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 1:42 pm
I think I'll have to drop my avoidance and go to a Brooklyn store, lose 4 hours of my life waiting with other last minute people, and pay $120 for something that still only might last through the season Sad I can't handle this!

bnm

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 11:59 pm
seeker wrote:
I think I'll have to drop my avoidance and go to a Brooklyn store, lose 4 hours of my life waiting with other last minute people, and pay $120 for something that still only might last through the season Sad I can't handle this!

I only waited an hour and because it was the 10th and 11th pairs of shoes I was buying I only payed for 1.

Good luck.

baltomom

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 12:10 am
Seeker, sorry for all your aggravation! If you haven't already bought something expensive in Brooklyn, how about one of these options (I've bought these or similar for my dd with the long narrow foot)?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/ANNA-Dr.....r=1-1

Good luck!

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 12:35 am
ra_mom wrote:
Are Zara shoes study enough or too flimsy? Bought dd a pretty shabbos pair for about $30

How old is your dd?
I think they can last throughout the winter depending on how active she is.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 12:45 am
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
How old is your dd?
I think they can last throughout the winter depending on how active she is.

We bought them a while ago, thanks! I was just asking seeker if Zara shoes were ok for her dd so I could post a link, or if she thought they were too flimsy for her needs.

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 7:12 am
seeker wrote:
I found something at children's place that she liked, looked good, and fit with an extra hole punched for tighter buckling. After wearing it for just one day on Rosh Hashanah they looked like garbage. I've had $20 shoes that held up much better. I hope I can get my money back on these because I'm back to the drawing board.

I’ve had this type of experience, trying desperately to cut back and not spend a crazy amount on shabbos shoes only to have to replace them at the end. I ended up spending even more than I would have had I gone to the Jewish stores in the first place since I bought shoes for 2 girls cheaply so I rarely do that anymore.

I have my girls black patented leather shabbos shoes from the last 2 years (since they are still in very good condition). What size is your daughter? Maybe I can send you a pair?

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 7:18 am
My girls prefer the ankle wrap as opposed to the maryjane look.

I wear 4A and very narrow is hard to find in youthful styles. There are some. Just expensive.

seeker

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 10:32 am
Yes, we did well with ankle strap one year, it helped the shoes stay on and she liked the style. So I tried a whole bunch like that this year and none of them fit! The bottom part was so wide/floppy that the ankle strap didn't help!

Seafoam, that is so sweet of you. I'm so not optimistic of anything at this point but her size is 33?

I know the expensive shoes may be better quality but since Shabbos is only once a week and these things tend to fit for half a year for growing kids, I've found many inexpensive shoes do fine. Payless was great, so sad that it closed. One year got for about $25-30 at JC Penney, pretty, narrow, and held up full season until outgrown. Siiiiiigh.

Now, once there was a thread about shoes at Bingo, I'm thinking of doing my yom tov grocery shopping there, did we ever have a review on their shoe situation? Is it still a thing? Are they any good? What's the price range (out of curiosity because at this point I'd possibly sell my firstborn if the buyer will put something on her feet.)
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics