Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
I weigh 235 lb, I never thought this would be ME!!!!!
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 1:02 pm
I am 5'3" and weigh about 235
mid 30's
I need to lose so much weight.
I'm just so worried that I'll work so so so very hard and then I'll be left with all that ugly hanging skin.
I started losing weight and I know I'm doing this for health reasons but I can't think about my body looking horrible after all that hard hard work.

Any chizuk appreciated.

kenz

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 3:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
mid 30's
I'm just so worried that I'll work so so so very hard and then I'll be left with all that ugly hanging skin.
I started losing weight and I know I'm doing this for health reasons but I can't think about my body looking horrible after all that hard hard work.

Any chizuk appreciated.

Kol hakavod for starting your weight loss journey - I don't have advice but I know that as difficult as it is for anyone to lose any amount of weight, it's always worth it in the end. Iy"H when you do lose the weight and get to where you want to be, see a doctor about what can be done for the hanging skin. It's not like you'll have to be stuck with it. There are definitely options.
Hatzlachah to you - you can do it!

Cheiny

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 3:04 pm
Hi
amother [ OP ] wrote:
mid 30's

Any chizuk appreciated.

That shouldn’t be your concern now at all. Not everyone who loses a lot of weight has hanging skin. Just focus on your journey and do it for your health, and your good looks will be a side benefit! Good luck.

Iymnok

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 3:10 pm
It could be that the hanging skin is from other conditions combined. Maybe a steady, not too fast weight loss would lessen it. Talk to a doctor or other professional in this field.
Hatzlochah, you’re going to feel and look great!

amother
Black

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 3:13 pm
Set realistic goals.

Don’t let yourself get side tracked.

Stay focused.

You can do it!

I lost 50 pounds in 12 months, no hanging skin. I’m still working on losing...it feels like it never ends.

You will get there

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 3:16 pm
Some do, some don't. My doctor told me genetics plays a role. I was 239 lbs. and lost 100. I was left with no hanging skin except my tummy, which I tuck into my tights each day, and which I'll never lose due to birthing my kids. My skin sank into me. No bat wings under my arms, no sagging face, nothing on my thighs or legs. I like to go swimming in a Lands End bathing suit for the tummy control but my friends at the pool tell me that had they not seen pictures they'd never have known I was 100+ lbs. before. Sometimes I think I want to remove the stomach skin but then I remember that every mother has it, not just people that lost weight.

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 3:24 pm
Lavendar, how did you lose 100 lbs????

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 3:47 pm
I find a good way to jumpstart your weight loss is to bec. Preg, and not gain too much weight .
when I delivered I lost 20 + lbs right away.
I started this preg. At 215 lbs Im now almost due to give birth bh and I weigh 221 now.
I do eat plenty I just dont gain weight when preg..
I gain the weight when I nurse..

Take my advice. Lol

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 3:52 pm
I lost 82 lbs in the past five months (gastric bypass) and while some skin is definitely hanging, I wouldn’t go back to my old self for anything. (And hopefully will take care of it at a later date) first gotta get to my goal! Hatzlacha!

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 10:59 pm
I’m five one. I used to weigh 315. Now I’m around 220. I don’t know if I’ll ever lose more or not. I seem to have utterly broken my metabolism BUT I feel amazing and look adorable and have never been so happy in my life. No cravings, no hunger. Just life. Amazing life.

Search me in the posts. I’ve told it all in the open.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 11:26 pm
Don’t get distracted by the potential extra skin. Find a nutritionist who can help you reach your goal and don’t quit until you get there. I lost 50lbs, didn’t have a drop of sagging skin.

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Sep 26 2019, 9:42 am
I lost 20 lbs., from 194 - 174 and figured my hanging skin was due to babies, not weight loss. I'm still really glad I've lost the weight. I have a lot more options clothes wise and look pretty good. I hope I get past this plateau but the main thing is, it's been about a half a year and I haven't put it back on.
And if you are already borderline anything like blood pressure or sugar, your numbers will get better too. Even with sagging skin, and that's important.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 26 2019, 11:12 am
Wow, thank you all to your replies!!

You really did give me chizuk, I sincerely appreciate it!!

It will be a slow ride, I have a really slow metabolism and do not lose weight easily.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 26 2019, 11:13 am
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
Some do, some don't. My doctor told me genetics plays a role. I was 239 lbs. and lost 100. I was left with no hanging skin except my tummy, which I tuck into my tights each day, and which I'll never lose due to birthing my kids. My skin sank into me. No bat wings under my arms, no sagging face, nothing on my thighs or legs. I like to go swimming in a Lands End bathing suit for the tummy control but my friends at the pool tell me that had they not seen pictures they'd never have known I was 100+ lbs. before. Sometimes I think I want to remove the stomach skin but then I remember that every mother has it, not just people that lost weight.

Thank you so much for this post. I am wondering, how old were you when you lost the weight and how tall? Wondering if age is a factor here...

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 26 2019, 11:14 am
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
I find a good way to jumpstart your weight loss is to bec. Preg, and not gain too much weight .
when I delivered I lost 20 + lbs right away.
I started this preg. At 215 lbs Im now almost due to give birth bh and I weigh 221 now.
I do eat plenty I just dont gain weight when preg..
I gain the weight when I nurse..

Take my advice. Lol

No joke. I lose weight faster when I'm pregnant too. I would love to get pregnant, with the help of Hashem, daven for me : )

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 26 2019, 11:15 am
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:

Curious, if you exercised a lot or not?

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Sep 26 2019, 1:29 pm
I have a question. I recently lost 30 lb, from 185 to 155. Even at my fattest I fit into a size 16. I went shopping for YT post weight loss and the dress I wanted I only fit into the size 18!! I've never worn size 18 in my life! Kinda demoralizing after losing 30 lb. Maybe it was just that style?

urban gypsy

Post Thu, Sep 26 2019, 1:39 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
I have a question. I recently lost 30 lb, from 185 to 155. Even at my fattest I fit into a size 16. I went shopping for YT post weight loss and the dress I wanted I only fit into the size 18!! I've never worn size 18 in my life! Kinda demoralizing after losing 30 lb. Maybe it was just that style?

Ignore size labels there is no consistency across manufacturers, the number doesn't really mean anything

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Sep 26 2019, 1:41 pm
I know a personal trainer who lost 100 pounds.
She looks amazing.
Try to connect with someone like that if you can to inspire and encourage you.
Hatzlacha

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Sep 26 2019, 1:43 pm
Weight watchers works great for me... highly recommend!

Last edited by amother on Thu, Sep 26 2019, 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise