Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Kitchen Aid

oneofakind

Post Thu, Sep 26 2019, 11:51 am
Does it pay to fix a 30 yr old kitchen aid mixer? It still works but the motor is not strong enough for whipping egg whites stiff.

miami85

Post Thu, Sep 26 2019, 11:56 am
I had the same question about a nearly 10 year old machine--my gears literally fell apart. When I looked up how much it would cost to ship to the repair shop+diagnositics, it didn't really make sense. If you have a Costco membership, or know someone that does, they've been selling a 6qt professional-grade model for the price of a 4 qt one basically every other month this year. They just finished a sale recently, so wait 2 months, it should be back.

shanie5

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 8:01 pm
My 30+ year old kitchen aid has the opposite problem. It only has 1 spaeed-very fast. So batter splashes out unless I wrap a towel around the top of the bowl. I keep saying I'm gonna get a new one. Will keep an eye on sams club as I had seen one there on sale and we don't have costco.

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 8:26 pm
I have a 40+ year old kitchen aid that works great. If you can fix your old one, do that. The new ones are made so poorly, I think if you fix an old machine it can easily outlast one you buy today.

nylon

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 9:37 pm
If you have someone local who can repair do it. If you need to send it to KitchenAid it won't be, their diagnostic and repair charges are high and it will take 6-8 weeks. (I went through this last year.)

However if the motor is actually dying, you will probably have to replace it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics