Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
According to OU, how to check Spinach for Spinach salad?
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 29 2019, 3:13 am
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
According to their recommendations, if the thrip cloth has bugs three times in a row, you need to get a clean thrip cloth TWICE in a row before the produce can be considered "clean."

You need to check and not find insects "TWICE" on the thrip cloth? I think the video above says if you dont find insects on the thrip cloth the first time, youre good to go.

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Sep 29 2019, 3:53 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
You need to check and not find insects "TWICE" on the thrip cloth? I think the video above says if you dont find insects on the thrip cloth the first time, youre good to go.

As I said, IF you find bugs three times in a row on the thrip cloth, you need to not find insects TWICE thereafter.

(I.e. scenario one: Wash lettuce in vinegar, check thrip cloth = bugs. Repeat = bugs. Repeat again = bugs. Wash REALLY well... no bugs. STILL need to check once more and get no bugs.

Whereas, scenario two: Wash lettuce in vinegar very well, check thrip cloth = no bugs, you can assume you got all the bugs and eat it.)

Note: I once asked if I can just check dry lettuce without washing, as I find it easier to check when there are no distractions of water droplets or dripping. They assured me that is fine, whatever works best for making sure there are no bugs.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen