Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Chesed Fund for FranticFrummie - Update page 12 :)
  Previous  1  2  3 9 10  11  12  Next

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 6:30 am
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
Something doesn’t sound right about this whole situation.....

đź‘Ť

sequoia

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 6:48 am
FF, just tell the landlord to hire someone and add the cost to your rent. If you agreed to do certain yard work when you moved in, it’s the right thing to do. If you’re too sick to do it, you have to hire someone and pay them. Sweet talking the landlord instead isn’t very mentslish. Don’t let it get to the point where you’re getting evicted again.

If you’re not having trouble breathing, DO NOT GO TO THE DOCTOR. Don’t take time and resources away from deathly ill patients. You know there’s no treatment for this virus, so what exactly do you want them to do for you?! Stay HOME, sleep, enjoy the silence.

My friend here in Kyiv had the exact same symptoms — fever, chills, no appetite. Slept for a few days. He’s great now. Maybe that’s the lightest, easiest possible form of the virus — you got off easy and you’re now immune. But again, if you’re not having breathing difficulties (and you don’t even have a cough), don’t go to the hospital and take resources away from deathly ill patients! Got it? Just rest. They can’t magically give you better overall health!!!

byisrael

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 7:03 am
I wish I could help but we are finacially helping a bunch of family members hit by this and have taken a hit as well....

Google voice needs to be set up in the US - is dd still in the US you cam remotely connect to her desktop and have the auth code sent to her, once you do that you can use it I israel

Just some ideas - you may have done this already, you can reach out to Lemaan Achai for assistance as well, maybe they can send a teen boy to do the yard work....
In addition there is the Kupat Tzedaka of RBS
Yad Ezra VeShulamit may be able to help with food
Yad Eliezer as well

etky

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 7:28 am
sequoia wrote:
FF, just tell the landlord to hire someone and add the cost to your rent. If you agreed to do certain yard work when you moved in, it’s the right thing to do. If you’re too sick to do it, you have to hire someone and pay them. Sweet talking the landlord instead isn’t very mentslish. Don’t let it get to the point where you’re getting evicted again.

If you’re not having trouble breathing, DO NOT GO TO THE DOCTOR. Don’t take time and resources away from deathly ill patients. You know there’s no treatment for this virus, so what exactly do you want them to do for you?! Stay HOME, sleep, enjoy the silence.

My friend here in Kyiv had the exact same symptoms — fever, chills, no appetite. Slept for a few days. He’s great now. Maybe that’s the lightest, easiest possible form of the virus — you got off easy and you’re now immune. But again, if you’re not having breathing difficulties (and you don’t even have a cough), don’t go to the hospital and take resources away from deathly ill patients! Got it? Just rest. They can’t magically give you better overall health!!!

Sequoia, that is not the approach to Corona that is being taken here in Israel.
Here they want to know about, track and categorize every case.
The procedure is first getting tested at home by MDA and then, if found positive, a decision is made where to best care for the person. Some stay at home, some go to the hospital and some go to converted hotels that have been made over into convalescent centers for people who have a light case or are asymptomatic. But this is always a decision that involves some sort of medical authority. It's not considered a misuse of medical resources to be treated if you are sick. People with much much milder symptoms that FF has reported are being allocated all sorts of resources.
Furthermore, I'm concerned that as someone posted upthread, maybe FF has some sort of bacterial infection now - either related to or unrelated to COVID19and needs antibiotics or other treatment.
This thing has been going on for weeks and weeks now.

sequoia

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 7:31 am
Normally bacterial infections are acute, painful, and involve tons of green mucus from every orifice. A long-lasting Epstein-Barr-type situation isn’t it.

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 7:43 am
etky wrote:
Sequoia, that is not the approach to Corona that is being taken here in Israel.
Here they want to know about, track and categorize every case.
The procedure is first getting tested at home by MDA and then, if found positive, a decision is made where to best care for the person. Some stay at home, some go to the hospital and some go to converted hotels that have been made over into convalescent centers for people who have a light case or are asymptomatic. But this is always a decision that involves some sort of medical authority. It's not considered a misuse of medical resources to be treated if you are sick. People with much much milder symptoms that FF has reported are being allocated all sorts of resources.
Furthermore, I'm concerned that as someone posted upthread, maybe FF has some sort of bacterial infection now - either related to or unrelated to COVID19and needs antibiotics or other treatment.
This thing has been going on for weeks and weeks now.

Not anymore . This is not the approach anymore. It’s how it was supposed in the beginning.

etky

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 7:44 am
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
Not anymore . This is not the approach anymore. It’s how it was supposed in the beginning.

This is how it's being handled here in Efrat - currently the Corona capital of Israel unfortunately.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 5:09 am
I'm feeling like some people here are not understanding me.

Of course I need to do yard work, but maybe when I'm feeling better and it's not a national emergency, OK? I was mostly just surprised at how unfeeling the landlord was.

I do not need a test. A test doesn't cure anything. Even if I knew for a fact that it was positive, how would that help me?

I have no desire to be in a hospital. I like being home. Besides, I don't have anyone to look after my dog. I am not trying to "steal" medical assistance from people who "deserve it more." Yeesh!

I probably have a secondary bacterial infection, because I am still coughing up green goo. It's just not as bad as it was last week, so I'm hoping it is clearing up on it's own.

A friend of mine bought a thermometer for me, so I can accurately track when my temperature goes up again. If it gets too high, I will call 101 again. If it's just an annoying fever, I will assume that my body is fighting off whatever is left in my system.

Honestly, I can't believe I have to justify myself like this. Do you all really think I'm faking this for attention? If so, come on over. I'll be happy to cough on you. Puke

strawberry cola

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 10:35 pm
Of course not, I am sure all your sisters here feel with and for you very much. You are a warrior. May Hashem help and heal you and shower you with every kind of bracha.

potatoes

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 2:38 am
FF, there is a wonderful Chabad Rav in Rechovot, his name is Harav Gluchovsky, he has a tzedaka organization for $ for food for families in need in Eretz Yisroel. He fundraises a lot in America. Please call him to receive groceries for now, pesach, etc. Perhaps he has other resources of help as well. He is a well respected Rav and a very down to earth person

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 7:19 am
potatoes wrote:
FF, there is a wonderful Chabad Rav in Rechovot, his name is Harav Gluchovsky, he has a tzedaka organization for $ for food for families in need in Eretz Yisroel. He fundraises a lot in America. Please call him to receive groceries for now, pesach, etc. Perhaps he has other resources of help as well. He is a well respected Rav and a very down to earth person

Thank you! I'll see if he can help people in Beit Shemesh. I might be out of his area. Maybe he'll know of something closer. All the chessed organizations here are completely tapped out.

B'H, I'm feeling much better today Bli Ayin Hara!

I slept well, no fever, no cough. I even have a little bit of energy, and may tackle the mountain of dishes that have piled up. OK, maybe I'll just do the dairy ones, and see how it goes. No need to get crazy. Wink

Rappel

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 8:05 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
Thank you! I'll see if he can help people in Beit Shemesh. I might be out of his area. Maybe he'll know of something closer. All the chessed organizations here are completely tapped out.

I slept well, no fever, no cough. I even have a little bit of energy, and may tackle the mountain of dishes that have piled up. OK, maybe I'll just do the dairy ones, and see how it goes. No need to get crazy. Wink

BH, that's wonderful, FF!! May you feel stronger and stronger as the days go on! Try to get outside - I've heard sunshine and warmth are great tonics for this virus.

And all this may be a blessing in disguise: you've been functionally in quarantine for a LONG time, so you're probably the only babysitter people will hire right now, once you feel up to it!

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 8:13 am
Rappel wrote:
BH, that's wonderful, FF!! May you feel stronger and stronger as the days go on! Try to get outside - I've heard sunshine and warmth are great tonics for this virus.

And all this may be a blessing in disguise: you've been functionally in quarantine for a LONG time, so you're probably the only babysitter people will hire right now, once you feel up to it!

I have all the doors and windows open. If I'm feeling stronger tomorrow I'll get the yard work done and hopefully the landlord will calm down.

If I am still feeling good in about a week, I'll see if there is any local babysitting to be done. I'd prefer if it's walking distance, because I heard that they're thinking of shutting down all public transportation for at least a week or so.

I am a wee bit nervous that I might catch it again, because the jury is out on whether your body builds immunity or not.

It would be great to work, though. I miss it a lot. I don't know when I'll be able to go back to cooking for my elderly couple, but I could still do mother's helper things.

singleagain

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 12:34 pm
FF, I'm so glad you are doing better. I happen to be home today, if you still need help setting up Google voice. I'll be happy to help

potatoes

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 12:22 am
FranticFrummie wrote:

Happy to hear your feeling better!
I know for a fact he helps the entire Eretz Yisroel, hopefully he has available funds. He fundraises a lot a lot .

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 12:28 am
Please daven for me. I think I have an infected tooth, where a filling came out. My immune system is down, and I have never been in so much pain in my life!

I am not sleeping, I can't eat, I can't think, I'm desperately trying not to overdose on pain killers. I'm sobbing hysterically. It's like every single time I've sprained an ankle, shoved into one tooth. The pain is radiating up to my cheekbone and behind my eye, all the way down to swollen lymph nodes on that side of my neck.

I would rather have Coronavirus all over again, than deal with the amount of pain I am in at the moment.

I have no idea how much the dentist will cost, but at this point I'll either have them pull the tooth, or spend my entire rent to get it fixed.

At one point it hurt so bad I was mamash suicidal, and had to text with DD so she could calm me down. I couldn't even talk, so I couldn't call.

I've been emailing my social worker all night long, begging her to get me in to the first emergency dentist she can find.

I just want to curl up in a little ball and never wake up.

Cookiegirl

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 12:39 am
So sorry you are going through this pain. No great advice, just BTDT...I hope you can get the infection under control. That type of pain is terrible. Refuah shelaima!

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 12:47 am
Teary Eyed Teary Eyed

so sad to hear about how much your going through!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

amother
Powderblue

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 12:53 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
Please daven for me. I think I have an infected tooth, where a filling came out. My immune system is down, and I have never been in so much pain in my life!

I am not sleeping, I can't eat, I can't think, I'm desperately trying not to overdose on pain killers. I'm sobbing hysterically. It's like every single time I've sprained an ankle, shoved into one tooth. The pain is radiating up to my cheekbone and behind my eye, all the way down to swollen lymph nodes on that side of my neck.

I would rather have Coronavirus all over again, than deal with the amount of pain I am in at the moment.

I have no idea how much the dentist will cost, but at this point I'll either have them pull the tooth, or spend my entire rent to get it fixed.

At one point it hurt so bad I was mamash suicidal, and had to text with DD so she could calm me down. I couldn't even talk, so I couldn't call.

I've been emailing my social worker all night long, begging her to get me in to the first emergency dentist she can find.

I just want to curl up in a little ball and never wake up.

Hugs!! Hang in there!!
Can anyone recommend some short term relief until FF get to the dentist?
I’m going to open a thread

amother
Powderblue

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 12:56 am
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....86606

Here’s your thread
Page 10 of 12   Previous  1  2  3 9 10  11  12  Next Recent Topics