Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Moving to Tampa

meyerlemon44

Post Fri, Sep 27 2019, 5:00 am
We may have the opportunity to move to Tampa for work from NYC. It seems like there’s at least one shul and a school there, but can anyone give me more info on what it’s like to live in Tampa? TIA!

daagahminayin

Post Fri, Sep 27 2019, 5:46 am
From what I understand there is a lovely Chabad but apart from that, very limited Jewish life there. Not recommended if you have kids in school. I know people who moved there for work who are now trying to leave because of this. A couple of families commute their kids to school in Orlando every day, which is also difficult.

Rappel

Post Fri, Sep 27 2019, 7:06 am
I honestly did not know there were any frum Jews in Tampa. When I was little, we used to fly in there to visit my grandma, and on the way we would stop somewhere called Joel's to pick up kosher (?) meat, and other than that it was 60 miles to Grandma's house. I never heard tell of anything other than Chabad there.

amother
Denim

Post Fri, Sep 27 2019, 7:39 am
I honestly did not know there were any frum Jews in Tampa. When I was little, we used to fly in there to visit my grandma, and on the way we would stop somewhere called Joel's to pick up kosher (?) meat, and other than that it was 60 miles to Grandma's house. I never heard tell of anything other than Chabad there.

The kosher place is called Joelle's. They have packaged kosher items in limited quantity and my understanding is they sell meat, etc under hashgacha that might not be considered reliable.

I think the Chabad might be in Clearwater, but I'm not positive.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating