Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
S/o thank you gift: chocolate

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Oct 01 2019, 9:57 pm
Squishy, this one's for you. I noted your surprise that a poster said she wouldn't appreciate chocolate as a gift.
As it happens, I wouldn't either. It's too messy for the kids, and I don't enjoy it anymore. I used to love it but lately I just can't stomach it. I tried some this morning but after eating one square, I gave up, as I was not enjoying!
I also have a few friends who can't have dairy, so dairy chocolate wouldn't be a fun gift for them to receive.

Anyone else dislike chocolate?

Post Tue, Oct 01 2019, 10:02 pm
My heart can't take the stress.

honeymoon

Post Tue, Oct 01 2019, 10:05 pm
Maybe in an alternate life I'll experience the phenomenon of not liking chocolate. But for now, we can still be friends.

honeymoon

Post Tue, Oct 01 2019, 10:06 pm
Squishy wrote:
My heart can't take the stress.

Run, grab a square of chocolate. Tried and true.

Blessing1

Post Tue, Oct 01 2019, 10:21 pm
I'm not a chocolate person. I used to like a certain brand of dairy truffles but they changed their recipe and they're not so good anymore.

Raisin

Post Wed, Oct 02 2019, 7:08 am
honeymoon wrote:
Run, grab a square of chocolate. Tried and true.

I will iyh after the fast.

Chocolate always makes me happy. Especially milk chocolate. Although pareve mint chocs also good.

DrMom

Post Wed, Oct 02 2019, 7:36 am
Anything except white chocolate works for me.

singleagain

Post Wed, Oct 02 2019, 7:44 am
I was that poster. I'm just very picky about my chocolate. Both in timing and brand.

cuties' mom

Post Wed, Oct 02 2019, 8:06 am
While I love chocolate, I have a kid with a severe nut allergy. Any open candy platter would immediately need to be thrown out or regifted as ds has airborne allergies. If all pieces are individually wrapped, dh and I could snack on them outside the house, but dh is supposed to be on a diet, and while I do eat things that have traces of nuts and some nuts that ds isn't so allergic to, there's no way I would eat anything with peanuts. He once broke out in hives after being tapped on the shoulder by someone who ate peanut butter earlier that day, and he recently threw up after walking into a store that sold viennese crunch. I love chocolate covered hazelnuts, but ds is very allergic, so once when a student gave me a big bag of chocolate covered hazelnuts in shalach manos. I ate the whole thing at work, and made sure to scrub my hands and rinse my mouth before going home, but I don't think chocolate is worth the stress.

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, Oct 02 2019, 8:11 am
No thank you. AlwYs felt that wY even before low carb

seeker

Post Wed, Oct 02 2019, 9:59 am
We can start a chocolate gemach here to send everyone's unwanted gifts to imamothers who need TLC. Post gift and general location Smile

Post Wed, Oct 02 2019, 10:09 am
singleagain wrote:
I was that poster. I'm just very picky about my chocolate. Both in timing and brand.

But this is un-Jewish. Why do you think we have so msny expensive chocolates for sale ? Next you will tell me you don't eat gefilte fish. Surprised

What are your brands, and what is your timing?

singleagain

Post Wed, Oct 02 2019, 10:31 am
Squishy wrote:
But this is un-Jewish. Why do you think we have so msny expensive chocolates for sale ? Next you will tell me you don't eat gefilte fish. Surprised

What are your brands, and what is your timing?

I love gefilte fish.

I like peanut m&m , 3 musketeers... Timing is cyclical.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics