Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Allergies
Which US cities are good for eczema sufferers?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 8:49 am
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
Use a cool must humidifier and clean it regularly with bleach.
I had that originally and didn't see any difference at all.

ShishKabob

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 8:52 am
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
My kids with eczema have it worsen at Yam Hamelech. They cant go in the water due to the burning sensation on their skin.

They claim that after the initial burning sensation where you feel like it's burning your kishkes out, after that it soothes and heals it. I didn't try it though.

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 8:53 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I had that originally and didn't see any difference at all.

Did you use it consistently?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 1:53 pm
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
Did you use it consistently?

I'm not sure, it was many years ago.
I would try it again.
You use it every night? How often to clean with bleach? Any other pointers?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 1:54 pm
ShishKabob wrote:
They claim that after the initial burning sensation where you feel like it's burning your kishkes out, after that it soothes and heals it. I didn't try it though.

Can't do that to a kid!

lora

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 3:49 pm
Hot springs Arizona is known to help.
a relative of mine claims Florida helped for her toddler but I'm not sure I understand why. lots of the same pollution and plants as NYC.
I've also heard of New Hampshire helping but Hot springs is definitely more tried and true.

going-up

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 3:59 pm
If the skin is healed and closed the sensitivities will get lower. Look into the AR regimen. Dr aron.com. my two eczema kids have turned around so much in the past six months and usually during tree pollen season my daughters eczema is the worst.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 5:31 pm
going-up wrote:
If the skin is healed and closed the sensitivities will get lower. Look into the AR regimen. Dr aron.com. my two eczema kids have turned around so much in the past six months and usually during tree pollen season my daughters eczema is the worst.

I looked him up. Sorry, but this is no go for us. I refuse to use steroids at all ever. We had a really bad experience right in the beginning of this eczema journey, which may or may not have contributed to where we are now, but since then, I won't go there.

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 5:33 pm
lora wrote:
a relative of mine claims Florida helped for her toddler but I'm not sure I understand why. lots of the same pollution and plants as NYC.
I've also heard of New Hampshire helping but Hot springs is definitely more tried and true.
I gonna guess it's the minerals from the ocean and the springs that are the common denominator. That's what does it at the dead sea too.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 5:34 pm
lora wrote:

Arizona Hot Springs, you mean dunking in the actual river? Do you know anyone who did this?
Do you know where in Florida, which city, your relative took her toddler?

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 6:12 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm not sure, it was many years ago.
I would try it again.
You use it every night? How often to clean with bleach? Any other pointers?

Run it all the time. Rinse and change water daily, clean with bleach weekly. Aim the mist towards an open area, not near the wall.

going-up

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 6:27 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I looked him up. Sorry, but this is no go for us. I refuse to use steroids at all ever. We had a really bad experience right in the beginning of this eczema journey, which may or may not have contributed to where we are now, but since then, I won't go there.

I hear you. I am just putting this here fo anyone else who may happen upon this thread. The amount of steroid you end up using on this regimen is tiny. One tube of steroid is mixed with a moisturizer and then antibiotic, a full jar of the compound is the size of a vanicream tub. That lasted me from May 1st and I still have left some for at least a few more weeks. That was after 2 months of starting. Yes in the begining it was more but the point of the regimen is to wean less and less. We started applying 4 times a day we now apply once every other day only to the few pink spots left. And for my baby it was such a mild steroid it was a joke, hydrocortisone! But following the weaning directions along with all the other AR instructions somehow just works. Before this I only used steroids once when I was desperate, I also was admantly against using steroids.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 6:31 pm
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
Run it all the time. Rinse and change water daily, clean with bleach weekly. Aim the mist towards an open area, not near the wall.

I will try this. Pretty simple and cheap option, if it helps even a little.

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 6:42 pm
You can get a hepa air filter too, will clean up environmental allergen triggers.

clean up her liver and her gut. supplement a ton of minerals, b vitamins, zinc.

we found manuka honey and aquaphor a pretty effective topical when used consitently.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 7:06 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
You can get a hepa air filter too, will clean up environmental allergen triggers.

clean up her liver and her gut. supplement a ton of minerals, b vitamins, zinc.

we found manuka honey and aquaphor a pretty effective topical when used consitently.

What's a hepa air filter?
How do you clean up a liver and gut? I'm not interested in a ton of supplementation. One or two targeted stuff, ok, but I'm not shooting in the dark with vitamins for the sake of why not. In the past we've seen improvement with a good quality probiotic.

Manuka honey is super sticky. How do you apply it so that it doesn't get all over the place?

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 7:19 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What's a hepa air filter?
How do you clean up a liver and gut? I'm not interested in a ton of supplementation. One or two targeted stuff, ok, but I'm not shooting in the dark with vitamins for the sake of why not. In the past we've seen improvement with a good quality probiotic.

Manuka honey is super sticky. How do you apply it so that it doesn't get all over the place?

Air filter is a machine that filters air. Hepa means it will filter the smallest types of particles.

I hear u about the supplements. But there is no quick fix for such things. Eczema needs to be healed from the inside out.

We put a think layer of honey and then gobs of aquaphor over it and then cheap cotton pajamas on top of the whole thing.

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 7:22 pm
I did a lot of research on this topic for my kid. Unfortunately most kids get inflamed within a few days of coming home. Even those that travel to Switzerland usually end up going yearly.

What helped my kid is eating fermented foods daily. It's easy to make or you can buy it ready. I also added a probiotic daily. (And stopped feeding him msg and coloring) bh hes doing amazing

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 7:26 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
Air filter is a machine that filters air. Hepa means it will filter the smallest types of particles.

I hear u about the supplements. But there is no quick fix for such things. Eczema needs to be healed from the inside out.

We put a think layer of honey and then gobs of aquaphor over it and then cheap cotton pajamas on top of the whole thing.

The eczema is not on a body part that gets covered with PJs.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 7:27 pm
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
I did a lot of research on this topic for my kid. Unfortunately most kids get inflamed within a few days of coming home. Even those that travel to Switzerland usually end up going yearly.

What helped my kid is eating fermented foods daily. It's easy to make or you can buy it ready. I also added a probiotic daily. (And stopped feeding him msg and coloring) bh hes doing amazing

What kind of fermented foods does your kid enjoy?

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 7:28 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
The eczema is not on a body part that gets covered with PJs.
so wrap in gauze. or plastic wrap. or both. google wet wraps for eczema.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics