Home

Are there different (better) types of Lightboxes?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP


Post  Wed, Oct 02 2019, 3:05 pm
Are there a few types of Lightboxes?

I see one on the Artscroll website for $51.25

Kosher Innovations Bug Checker Max

https://www.artscroll.com/Books/kbug.html

and Star K has one for $45.00 and $15.00 S&H (no picture or information)

I called Star K and theyre not sure what brand theirs is.

https://www.star-k.org/article.....ices/

Where can I buy a Lightbox, loupe and thrip cloths in BP?
Back to top

amother




OP


Post  Wed, Oct 02 2019, 7:40 pm
b u m p
Back to top

teachkids




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Oct 02 2019, 7:48 pm
I just bought a artist's light box off Amazon and covered it with plastic wrap to waterproof (a large ziplock would work too)
Back to top

amother




OP


Post  Wed, Oct 02 2019, 8:58 pm
teachkids wrote:
I just bought a artist's light box off Amazon and covered it with plastic wrap to waterproof (a large ziplock would work too)


Thanks for the tip. I think you might mean this one

https://www.amazon.com/Portabl.....ydWU=

Does anyone who has the Kosher Innovations one, thats made for Vegetable checking, think that one is better in any way, being that it costs $20 more?
Back to top

amother




Taupe


Post  Wed, Oct 02 2019, 9:05 pm
Call rabbi shimon yoffe on 12th in lakewood, he's a mashgiach that sells lighboxes out of his house. He might ship to b.p
They're very good ones. Very flat. Recharge with phone charger.
Back to top

abmom




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Oct 02 2019, 9:07 pm
A regular round fluorescent light with a cover works. You have to change the wire to be able to plug it in.
I bought something like this for $10 https://www.amazon.com/Ceiling.....Q5W2H (the one I bought is no longer available)
With this wire https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000UTE278 it's easy to change the wire.
It works just as well as the "kosher" lights.
Back to top

amother




OP


Post  Wed, Oct 02 2019, 9:14 pm
abmom wrote:
A regular round fluorescent light with a cover works. You have to change the wire to be able to plug it in.
I bought something like this for $10 https://www.amazon.com/Ceiling.....Q5W2H (the one I bought is no longer available)
With this wire https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000UTE278 it's easy to change the wire.
It works just as well as the "kosher" lights.


DH and I are the most un-handy people around. Not for us.

I think the artist light box mentioned above, is made for a computer USB cable, but I read a review that says it can be plugged into an outlet.
Back to top

abmom




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Oct 02 2019, 9:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
DH and I are the most un-handy people around. Not for us.

I think the artist light box mentioned above, is made for a computer USB cable, but I read a review that says it can be plugged into an outlet.

It's literally like twisting a twist-tie around a bag. You twist the red wire with the red wire and the black with the black. Cover each set with tape. Done.
If it's not for you, don't bother. I'm putting it out here for others as well. I felt really good spending under $15 for a $50 item lol.
Back to top

amother




OP


Post  Wed, Oct 02 2019, 9:26 pm
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
Call rabbi shimon yoffe on 12th in lakewood, he's a mashgiach that sells lighboxes out of his house. He might ship to b.p
They're very good ones. Very flat. Recharge with phone charger.


I just noticed this post. R' Yoffes boxes are better than Kosher Innovations (49.99) or the 9 X 12 artist light box (23.99)?
Back to top

amother




OP


Post  Thu, Oct 03 2019, 1:41 pm
Has any Rov familiar with "checking" (no one involved with Kosher Innovations, the sellers of the Kosher innovations Light Box, who would of course say theirs is preferable) been asked to compare the pros and cons of the Kosher Innovations Light Box and the artist Light Box?
Back to top

amother




Linen


Post  Thu, Oct 03 2019, 2:01 pm
The rav I know who gives classes on checking uses a standard light box from Amazon and not a Jewish one.
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen

Related Topics Replies Last Post
OU in Israel is different than the US?
by amother
6 Sun, Nov 10 2019, 6:22 pm View last post
Pickled French Roast- different in every store?
by amother
8 Sat, Oct 12 2019, 9:25 pm View last post
A different kind of brag
by amother
24 Wed, Oct 09 2019, 11:45 pm View last post
Allergic to many different antibiotics-now what?
by amother
10 Wed, Oct 09 2019, 10:45 pm View last post
The different martial arts and what age to start?
by amother
4 Wed, Sep 25 2019, 4:41 am View last post

Jump to: