Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
What kind of stroller for a new born??
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 02 2019, 4:57 pm
I don't know anything having my 1st baby.... bugaboo or up a baby? if living in jersey and traveling to brooklyn for holidays where u can actually stroll...
regardless of price ..assuming im going to get it as gift.

angelgirl

Post Wed, Oct 02 2019, 5:00 pm
I’ve been using my bugaboo cameleon back to back with three kids for nearly 7 years, and I just love it and it’s as good as new. Not one negative to say about it. And it’s just amazing that spare parts should you need them are easily available. And that it’s fully washable- looks like brand new after every wash.

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, Oct 02 2019, 5:01 pm
Go to a baby store and have them fold up both of the strollers you are considering and put it in your trunk. Then see how much space you have left for luggage etc. Youd be surprised and maybe even change your mind. Most women with the bugaboo chameleon or fox (slightly more compact) or the uppababy vista own a separate car stroller ...

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, Oct 02 2019, 5:02 pm
My bugaboo bee looks brand new after 3 babies. You can always update it with new colors and everything is machine washable. It's also easy for travel.

mha3484

Post Wed, Oct 02 2019, 5:02 pm
I have the 2015 Uppababy vista. Pros are : its parent facing for when the babies are small and you can switch it when they are bigger and like to look around, the basket is HUGE which is nice if you walk to stores. I use the bassinet in the house more then in the stroller itself. It really pushes like a dream.

The biggest downsides to me are that the straps are very hard to adjust and my kids seem to out grow the seat before they are 3. Also its a big heavy stroller. It can take up most of your trunk.

Mine is on its 3rd kid and its held up pretty well but I am not sure if I were to get a new stroller tomorrow that I would get it again.

Iymnok

Post Wed, Oct 02 2019, 5:03 pm
Something that lays (nearly) flat. A bassinet is good as a bed for the first three months, but it has no buckled and is awkward. If going on hills or up/down curbs, the baby slides around.
If you get that head support thing, most strollers should be fine. I’d go by which one has a look that you like and is easy to transport, easy folks and lightweight. Think about the value of the basket for your lifestyle. Some have quite large ones.

teachkids

Post Wed, Oct 02 2019, 5:04 pm
For the very beginning, if you travel mostly by car you'll want a stroller that holds your carseat. Personally I did a snap n go with my carseat for the first 3 months and then transitioned straight to a stroller that laid down, skipping the need for a bassinet totally.

A few factors to think about:
Will you ever have to lift it that weight matters?
How are you storing it/will you need to put it in your car that you need easy fold?
Do you need something with a smaller footprint for storage?
Will you be shopping with it that you need a big basket?

Focus more on what you need on a daily basis than the twice a year you go to Brooklyn.

Sewsew_mom

Post Wed, Oct 02 2019, 5:06 pm
It's totally up to your preference. They're both gr8 companies and have gr8 features. You need to see what works best for you in your situation. So either find a friend/neighbor and see Id you take take their child for a walk one day 😉.. I'll gladly lend you mine to try out. Or go to a store and try out all the diff strollers see which works best for you.
Bshaa tova!

STR331

Post Wed, Oct 02 2019, 5:09 pm
.n

Last edited by STR331 on Wed, Oct 02 2019, 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Oct 02 2019, 5:14 pm
STR331 wrote:
thanks everyone. I want something that'll fold easy . I like the idea of a big basket too. also my friend has the up a baby and when she had another kid she made it into a double stroller...

I really like my Vista, huge basket. Pushes really nicely. Bought it with my first intending to make it a double when the time comes iyh

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Oct 02 2019, 5:20 pm
Cybex priam. Has bug bassinet, huge basket, is super sleek and narrow, easy to push, folds in ONE PIECE with ONE HAND.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, Oct 02 2019, 5:26 pm
The bugaboo does not fold easily and is very hard to travel with.

gande

Post Wed, Oct 02 2019, 6:24 pm
I always recommend the bugaboo bee. I had it for 10 years till it broke. It travels great, has forward facing for newborns and doesnt even feel like your pushing anything.

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Oct 02 2019, 6:28 pm
I've had both and uppababy has much better customer service. Also bigger and easier to use basket. Both stroll very nicely.

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Oct 02 2019, 6:31 pm
That's so awesome that you are just gifted these things and don't need to care about price. I could use your parents/in laws.

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Oct 02 2019, 6:41 pm
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
That's so awesome that you are just gifted these things and don't need to care about price. I could use your parents/in laws.

Not op. But my in-laws are a living nightmare. They got me a bugaboo- yay! They also owe us tensss of thousands of dollars and are a constant drain on our time and resources all the time. They just offered to get a carriage, I still owe hospital bills...

Also love my bugaboo cuz of the style factor, if I had a boy or would be less into the looks I would probably go with the uppababy as it’s probably a bit more practical/ easy to use.

Definitely go to a baby store it’s lots of fun and ull feel out what u like...

happyness

Post Wed, Oct 02 2019, 6:54 pm
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
Cybex priam. Has bug bassinet, huge basket, is super sleek and narrow, easy to push, folds in ONE PIECE with ONE HAND.

Another vote for the cybex. Totally love it. Folds amazing. Looks beautiful. Pushes like a dream.
Customer service is amazing

suremom

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 11:50 am
Bugaboo Lynx. Didn't see it yet, but looks interesting. You can get a bassinet to it. I wounder if the 1 piece fold is also when bassinet is on.

sky

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 11:55 am
Go to a store and fold and put in trunk and unfold to get an idea of how easy or hard. And how much space it will take up.

amother
Jade

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 12:11 pm
suremom wrote:
Bugaboo Lynx. Didn't see it yet, but looks interesting. You can get a bassinet to it. I wounder if the 1 piece fold is also when bassinet is on.

The lynx is a good option if you’re price sensitive, but it’s basically a downgraded version of the fox and if you buy the bassinet doesn’t come out cheaper...
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics