Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Main Dish for a Crowd

pause

Post Wed, Oct 02 2019, 8:56 pm
I'm looking for ideas of easy to prep and easy to serve but still looks "nice" and relatively cheap for a group of about 30 people. Go!

cbg

Post Wed, Oct 02 2019, 9:09 pm
You can make a roulade using mix grind.

Prepare a meatloaf recipe using the mix grind
Lay flat on a piece of tin foil
On top add a thin layer of turkey pastrami
On top of that add a layer of spinach kugel
Roll jelly roll style
Bake. Slice

Here’s another version with exact recipe
https://www.thekosherchannel.c......html

shmosmom

Post Wed, Oct 02 2019, 9:19 pm
There's a recipe in Balbustas choice 2 it's called Oriental bite sized nuggets. Its chicken with brocolli mushrooms and baby corns and a sweet soy sauce.

pause

Post Wed, Oct 02 2019, 10:12 pm
cbg wrote:
You can make a roulade using mix grind.

Prepare a meatloaf recipe using the mix grind
Lay flat on a piece of tin foil
On top add a thin layer of turkey pastrami
On top of that add a layer of spinach kugel
Roll jelly roll style
Bake. Slice

Here’s another version with exact recipe
https://www.thekosherchannel.c......html

This is way too ge'patchket for me! I'm sure it's fancy, but I need easy.

Maryann

Post Wed, Oct 02 2019, 10:15 pm
shmosmom wrote:
There's a recipe in Balbustas choice 2 it's called Oriental bite sized nuggets. Its chicken with brocolli mushrooms and baby corns and a sweet soy sauce.

Sounds great can you please post

shmosmom

Post Wed, Oct 02 2019, 11:56 pm
Maryann wrote:
Sounds great can you please post

Preheat oven to 400.
Coat nuggets in flour. Layer on 9x13. Cover with broccoli florets. Layer mushrooms n baby corn. (I often just make with frozen California blend).
Combine sauce ingredients (1/2 cup oil, 1/2 cup brown sugar n 1/2 cup soy sauce) and pour over chicken n veggies. Cover pan. Bake 80 minutes. Stir and cook 5 more minutes.

Cheiny

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 12:03 am
pause wrote:
I'm looking for ideas of easy to prep and easy to serve but still looks "nice" and relatively cheap for a group of about 30 people. Go!

A corned beef roast with a honey mustard sauce?

noosheen

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 12:05 am
shmosmom wrote:
Preheat oven to 400.
Coat nuggets in flour. Layer on 9x13. Cover with broccoli florets. Layer mushrooms n baby corn. (I often just make with frozen California blend).
Combine sauce ingredients (1/2 cup oil, 1/2 cup brown sugar n 1/2 cup soy sauce) and pour over chicken n veggies. Cover pan. Bake 80 minutes. Stir and cook 5 more minutes.

Is the bolded a typo ?

shmosmom

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 8:07 am
noosheen wrote:
Is the bolded a typo ?

No I do it for about 80 minutes.

Blessing1

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 10:08 am
80 minutes? This needs 40/45 minutes tops.

shmosmom

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 10:11 am
Blessing1 wrote:
80 minutes? This needs 40/45 minutes tops.

Poster asked for exact recipe, exact recipe calls for 1 and a 1/4 hours, which is 75 minutes.
Can it be edible in less, sure. The extra time does make it better, the chicken n veggies get a taste of the sauce.
It doesn't get dry at all cuz it bakes covered, and there's sauce.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 10:19 am
If you're making the soy baked chicken, use baby corn, snow peas and julienned carrot for color. The broccoli becomes brown and mushy when cooked so long.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 11:48 am
I use cut onions, pepper strips, snow peas, baby corn, and mushrooms usually.
Sometimes, if I have leftover broccoli, I'll add it in after the dish is baked.
My recipe called for a half an hour and I didn't find it long enough, but I guess it depends how full the pan is, how cold everything was to begin with, and how small the chicken is cut.

But it is a big hit and goes very far.

mha3484

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 11:58 am
This is the easiest roast I have ever made and its soooooo delicious https://smittenkitchen.com/201.....rlic/

Quote:
Oven-Braised Beef with Tomatoes and Garlic
Gourmet, February 2001 and The Gourmet Cookbook

InstantPot directions were added in January, 2019.

Serves 6

1 28-ounce can whole tomatoes
1 (3 to 3 1/2 pound) boneless beef chuck roast, tied with a string
1 head garlic, separated into cloves, left unpeeled

In an oven: Heat oven to 300°F (150°C). Coarsely chop tomatoes with their juice in a food processor (Gourmet’s suggestion) or go at them in their can with kitchen shears (my lazy preference) to break them up. Put roast in an ovenproof 4- to 5-quart heavy pot or a casserole dish with a lid — a tight fit is just fine, as it will shrink very soon. Pour tomatoes over roast and scatter garlic around it. Season generously with salt and pepper. Braise in middle of oven, covered, until very tender, 3 to 4 hours.

In an IntantPot or Electric Multi-Cooker: Coarsely chop tomatoes with their juice in a food processor (Gourmet’s suggestion) or go at them in their can with kitchen shears (my lazy preference) to break them up. Put roast in cooking insert. Pour tomatoes over roast and scatter garlic around it. Season generously with salt and pepper. Press the meat/stew button, and set the beef to cook at high pressure for 75 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes, then release the pressure manually, and take out the roast and test for doneness. If it is not cooked to your liking, return to the pot for another 5 to 10 minutes at the same setting — meat/stew at high pressure. Once it is done, if you wish, press Cancel, transfer meat to a serving dish, press Sauté and let the sauce in the pot reduce for 10 to 20 minutes, until your desired thickness is achieved, then pour it over the meat.

Both methods, to serve: Cut roast into 1/4-inch-thick slices and serve with sauce, garlic, squeezed from its peels (or you can leave others to do this) and orzo (Gourmet’s suggestion, of course not gluten-free), mashed potatoes (recipe at the end) or crusty bread. Leftovers shredded over egg noodles sound wonderful as well.

Do ahead: Like almost all braises, this is even better on the second day, which means it’s a dream of a dinner party dish. Let it cool to room temperature, then chill it in the fridge until needed. Defat the sauce before warming (it will be a cinch once solidified on top) and rewarm at 300 for 30 to 45 minutes
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey