Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Question for Boston Imas

ellacoe

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 11:54 am
Hi, I have to be in Boston over Shabat at the Aloft Hotel (401 D Street). Is there a shul or Chabad within walking distance to there ? And is it near any kosher food? Thank you

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 12:17 pm
Hmm nothing that will be open on
Shabbos when it comes to food. Milk street is open Friday till 3 I believe, you may be able to get catered Shabbos food if you order before from the butcherie or Andrews (both in Brookline). By Chloe is also kosher and should be open till late.

There are definitely more options in Brookline in terms of food and shuls. There is probably chabbad there but I don’t know sorry.

doctorima

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 12:24 pm
I'm not from Boston, but am fairly familiar with the area. Your hotel is not located near any of the more established Jewish areas. It's more than 1.5 hours from YI of Brookline, and over an hour from even BU Hillel or MIT Hillel. I'm not aware of a Chabad in the area either, and any other colleges in that area are unlikely to have Orthodox minyanim at their Hillel houses.

I hope that a local (paging Imasinger) may know of something that I'm overlooking. Most of the kosher options are on Harvard Street in Brookline, so hopefully you can get over there on Friday in time to stock up before they close.

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 1:41 pm
Hi. Unfortunately, the area of your hotel is (as mentioned above) far from the Jewish community. There is no Eruv in that prtnof town. There are three kosher restaurants-Milk Street (meat and dairy/CY), By Chloe (vegan), and Clover (dairy, Chav stam)- that are located in the downtown/waterfront areas, which are not too far. If you can’t get to one in person, you can order delivery through Postmates or Uber Eats. Milk Street is a Jewish place, so it will close early, but the others will be open until the zman. Good luck!

ellacoe

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 3:31 pm
Thank you all so much. I really appreciate the information!

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 8:03 pm
Brookline has at least two chabads and one Young Israel of Brookline
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics