Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
What's your design aesthetic?
Previous  1  2

flowerpower

Post Fri, Oct 04 2019, 8:14 am
Practical yet updated.

amother
Bisque

Post Fri, Oct 04 2019, 8:14 am
What I like the look of is often different from what I like to live in.

Overall, I like woods that are rich in tone but not too ungepatchked. And I like comfortable.

alef12

Post Fri, Oct 04 2019, 8:50 am
Modern farmhouse / Industrial . As an example,
I have these type of lights outside my house:

And it's representative of my design esthetic. It's very, very different than my neighbors' LOL

sushilover

Post Fri, Oct 04 2019, 9:12 am
I know nothing about design, but I took some online quizzes once and apparently I'm either traditional or 'coastal cottage'.

Does that make sense? Do they complement each other or do I just like two very different styles?

icebreaker

Post Fri, Oct 04 2019, 9:40 am
I love love love Scandinavian designs. I follow a lot of people from Norway, Sweden, Denmark (Germany and the Netherlands and Finland, too, but those aren’t considered Scandinavia) and I just love their homes. So bright and airy and modern.

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Oct 04 2019, 9:48 am
icebreaker wrote:
I love love love Scandinavian designs. I follow a lot of people from Norway, Sweden, Denmark (Germany and the Netherlands and Finland, too, but those aren’t considered Scandinavia) and I just love their homes. So bright and airy and modern.

Don't forget Iceland. They are having an incredible revolution in architecture, and the interior design to go with it. It fits the landscape, feels futuristic, and yet homey at the same time. I don't know how they manage to make all of those low, straight lines feel comfortable, but they do.

It reminds me a lot of Frank Lloyd Wright's "Prairie School" style. (Speaking of FLW, what I wouldn't give to live at Falling Water!)

my mama

Post Fri, Oct 04 2019, 10:13 am
I like either very modern, clean lines, minimalist. Or super schmaltzy hungarian.

I guess it depends on the size of the space. Small spaces look neater and bigger when there is open space, low furniture, and clean lines. Larger spaces need to be warmed up and made more homey

STMommy

Post Fri, Oct 04 2019, 12:31 pm
Honestly?
Over-the-top luxurious.

Google "Joan Rivers house"

Ravenclaw

Post Fri, Oct 04 2019, 2:24 pm
Eclectic cottage look
Bohemian
Shabby chic

may tulip

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 3:35 pm
sushilover wrote:
I know nothing about design, but I took some online quizzes once and apparently I'm either traditional or 'coastal cottage'.

Does that make sense? Do they complement each other or do I just like two very different styles?

Where online do you take that quiz? I would love to figure that out to. Did it help you to know your style? And what style is coastal cottage?

saralem

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 3:42 pm
scandinavian plus modern farmhouse plus cottage. warm, inviting, easy, paired down. lots of white and light.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics