Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Succos
Traveling with 2 kids

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 2:10 pm
Help me figure this out. My brain is too groggy from lack of sleep to think straight.

We live out of town. We have a 3 year old and a 1 month old. My husband is out of the house the ENTIRE DAY until 10/10:30pm. I am starting to feel very overworked. It's very hard for us to travel to Brooklyn (parents and in laws live there) because of my husband's schedule. This means I have to make every y"t by myself. I'm generally fine doing that, but I'm DREADING yom kipper, plus I'm starting to get burnt out, and I'm getting negative feelings when I think about making and surviving sukkos.
This year, my husband is actually off for first days+one day of chol hamoed, so we are going to NY for those 3 days. I am dying to stay longer (either come in before you kipper, or through erev 2nd days).
It's a 7 hour drive that I cant do myself. How do I do this? Fly with a 3 year old and a newborn alone (help!) ?

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 2:15 pm
Can your husband drive in with you before Yom Kippur or on a Sunday and fly back?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 3:28 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
Can your husband drive in with you before Yom Kippur or on a Sunday and fly back?

No. He'll be out all day erev y"k until like half hour before, when he will shower and eat and then go to shul.

Sunday would be our best bet. That's actually not a bad idea!

Rutabaga

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 4:11 pm
Is it common for people to travel from where you live to and from NY? Maybe you can offer someone a ride so you can have an extra person to help you if you drive or maybe you can find someone flying at the same time who would be willing to earn some cash to help out.

I would sooner drive by myself with 2 young kids than fly. Airports are chaotic and stressful and flying with babies is really hard.

amother
Powderblue

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 11:05 pm

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 04 2019, 6:37 am
Rutabaga wrote:
Is it common for people to travel from where you live to and from NY? Maybe you can offer someone a ride so you can have an extra person to help you if you drive or maybe you can find someone flying at the same time who would be willing to earn some cash to help out.

I would sooner drive by myself with 2 young kids than fly. Airports are chaotic and stressful and flying with babies is really hard.

It's not common at all. That would work well, but noone ever travels.
I definitely don't want to drive myself.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics