Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Did you see Harry Potter on Broadway?

LO

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 8:55 pm
My kids want to see it and I would like to know if there is anything inappropriate in the show. If so, what? TIA!

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Oct 03 2019, 10:34 pm
PharmieInTheCity on Instagram watched it a few weeks ago. You can dm her to ask.

LO

Post Fri, Oct 04 2019, 9:51 am
I don't have instagram....Anyone on here? Thanks!

icedcoffee

Post Fri, Oct 04 2019, 9:59 am
Spoilers ahead, if people care-

There's some kissing (Harry's son takes polyjuice potion to look like Ron and deeply kisses Hermione, who is an adult) and there's plotline of a child born out of wedlock, the product of one night between Voldemort and Bellatrix. That's all I can think of, there's also a scene where Harry and his wife are talking in bed in their pajamas. And some extremely light flirting banter. There's also some dark/strobe-light imagery which can be a bit loud and scary depending on how old they are. I personally thought it was a great show! The plot was silly at parts but it was extremely entertaining to see on stage.

LO

Post Fri, Oct 04 2019, 10:07 am
Thanks!

LO

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 9:57 pm
Bump....has anyone seen the show since the post-covid revision? I heard they made the gay relationship more obvious....Anything else that would be problematic for a 10 yr old (a mature one Smile). Thanks!

LO

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 6:10 am
Bump! Smile time sensitive...If you know someone IRL who went, can you ask them if I can call or text with some questions? Thanks!

amother
Pink

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 6:45 am
I went but not post COVID, so I’m not sure of any changes

The script itself you can read if you’d like, the book with the same name is the actual script

singleagain

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 7:19 am
LO wrote:
Bump....has anyone seen the show since the post-covid revision? I heard they made the gay relationship more obvious....Anything else that would be problematic for a 10 yr old (a mature one Smile). Thanks!

From Google. And article that says it's back with key changes

https://www.mercurynews.com/20.....anges

singleagain

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 7:22 am
Here this article she's to be more content based

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/1......html

s c

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 7:27 am
I took my son about that age when it was in London. Besides a couple of kisses it was alright. But dont know about changes.

LO

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 8:18 am
I did read he screenplay but I heard that the play makes a whole big thing out of the two boys being gay. Can someone tell me if that is true, and if so, what specifically happens? It doesn't seem to mention any specifics about appropriateness in the articles...

singleagain

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 8:46 am
Might I suggest turning to other parenting sites if you don't hear back from here. Could be that ppl see your title haven't seen the show and so skip the thread. Try Facebook or reddit.... Maybe even Quora.

LO

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 9:30 am
Trying...haven't found much. I would also specifically like to hear from frum people because I think our sensitivities are a bit different....Smile

singleagain

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 9:41 am
Try frum Facebook groups... Like Jewish women talk about everything. Or maybe OLUF ... Orthodox ladies united in fandom
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics