Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Does your husband like you to dress trendy?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 04 2019, 2:56 pm
Mine said he x cares and even likes that I don't...curious if that's typical or perhaps he's just saying it to make me feel good??? (I dress nicely but not trendy like many people around me)

Post Fri, Oct 04 2019, 2:59 pm
My husband doesn't care if I am trendy or not. He notices and compliments when I dress up to go out. I don't think he notices trends.

dankbar

Post Fri, Oct 04 2019, 3:04 pm
My husband doesn't care about trends, he is sometimes weirded out with new stuff I buy that are on trend

amother
Ruby

Post Fri, Oct 04 2019, 3:04 pm
Mine hasn’t expressed a preference as to the style of dress I wear which im glad about because I think it’s weird to be so involved in something that’s not really his business.

amother
cornflower

Post Fri, Oct 04 2019, 3:06 pm
He likes the way I dress which is trendy but I always dressed this way.

amother
Mustard

Post Fri, Oct 04 2019, 3:09 pm
He doesn't go for trendy (he's always hated high lows, anything that trails, sharkbite hems, pointed bubble sides, and anything without clean lines) but likes that I'm stylish.

cozyblanket

Post Fri, Oct 04 2019, 3:16 pm
Tzinus and frugal is fine with him.

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Oct 04 2019, 3:16 pm
My husband wouldn't have a clue what's trendy and what's not.

amother
Yellow

Post Fri, Oct 04 2019, 3:17 pm
He doesn't like trendy per se. When I get dressed, including sheitel on and makeup, he always says, "wow, you look so nice!"
He loves certain dresses/outfits that aren't trendy but are form fitting and pretty.
He also loves when I'm comfortable and approachable, with no makeup... and go to a steakhouse with him in a tichel and sneakers.
So I guess I'm lucky, because he's cool whatever I want to do.

Sewsew_mom

Post Fri, Oct 04 2019, 3:48 pm
Mine would never notice what's trendy.. He's not scouting out all the ladies. Honestly.. I don't even know what's trendy. As long and it fits, clean, and looks nice.

SuperWify

Post Fri, Oct 04 2019, 3:55 pm
How would my DH know what’s trendy? Sure he likes me dressed up but as long as it fits nice he won’t knoe if it’s last year style.
Some new trends actually bother him 😂

amother
Bronze

Post Fri, Oct 04 2019, 3:58 pm
Yes!!

amother
Powderblue

Post Fri, Oct 04 2019, 4:00 pm
Trendy? No way. He thinks trends are dumb. But he would like me to dress more s*xy.

amother
Indigo

Post Fri, Oct 04 2019, 4:16 pm
Dh biggest pet peeve is loosely fit dresses and clothing. He refers to them as garbage bags. So if you call that trendy than a big fat no. Otherwise he likes when I look like I came from this era and not my moms Smile

perquacky

Post Fri, Oct 04 2019, 4:58 pm
Does your husband dress trendy? No? Then why should he care how you dress?

amother
Azure

Post Fri, Oct 04 2019, 5:03 pm
My husband doesn't know or care what's trendy. He mostly likes simple things that flatter the figure. He doesn't like change and doesn't like spending money, so he feels new clothes aren't necessary until old clothes wear out.

His favorite thing ever was an extremely tight mermaid skirt from my pre-Frum days that made my waist look tiny and emphasized my butt.

amother
Beige

Post Fri, Oct 04 2019, 5:05 pm
Trendy, no.
Though he wouldn’t mind if I were a bit more stylish, which is not the same thing. Stylish has to do with having one’s own best “look” whereas trendy has to do with wearing what’s in the latest magazines regardless of how appropriate or flattering it may or may not be. You can be stylish in clothes that are forty years old. Think of Katharine Hepburn.

zaq

Post Fri, Oct 04 2019, 5:23 pm
Trendy fashion is an industry gimmick to entice susceptible women to part with their money. Very few men are aware of or care about trendy fashion unless they’re in the rag business or some other related biz e.g. shoes, accessories, hairstyling or makeup. Most men want the women in their lives to look
attractive to them, period. They neithet know nor care that a certain sleeve or color or fabric is SO last week or last year.

little neshamala

Post Fri, Oct 04 2019, 5:28 pm
He thought he did. He was always telling me to just go to a nice Jewish store and buy whats in style, every time I complained that I had nothing to wear and couldnt find anything in stores.

Then one chol hamoed when the potato sack dresses were just beginning to be super in style, he pointed to a woman who was drowning in one and said "oh my gosh look at what that woman is wearing. What is that?". (My DH is not the type to notice what women are wearing. Ever. )

When I told him that was whats trending, he said "ok please dont ever dress in whats trending. Just dress nice."

amother
Papaya

Post Fri, Oct 04 2019, 5:48 pm
No. He likes very classy.
His favourite is when I look like a princess. (Think Kate Middleton elegant dress wear lol)
Not a gown to the grocery.. obviously. But very classy and pretty.
He thinks most trends are just blah but says I should buy it if it makes me feel good just not for him Smile
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics