Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Want to move to Lakewood pls advice
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sat, Oct 05 2019, 11:28 pm
so my story is like that: we live in queens and my kids learning in Williamsburg we chasidish but is it not transportation from queens to Williamsburg. So my husband take them every day so we want move to Lakewood but I herd that it is Hurd to get in there to Hider I would like them to go to Rachmas Rivka or maybe something similar to that so I am afraid to move and then my kids will be without a Hiider so what should I do? Thank you very much

amother
Oak

Post Sat, Oct 05 2019, 11:47 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
so my story is like that: we live in queens and my kids learning in Williamsburg we chasidish but is it not transportation from queens to Williamsburg. So my husband take them every day so we want move to Lakewood but I herd that it is Hurd to get in there to Hider I would like them to go to Rachmas Rivka or maybe something similar to that so I am afraid to move and then my kids will be without a Hiider so what should I do? Thank you very much

First apply and move once they get in.

Sebastian

Post Sat, Oct 05 2019, 11:56 pm
Do you drive?

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 12:10 am
I used to live in queens. I’m curious why you are living there? Not really a chassidish community aside for some rabbanim..
I live in Lakewood now and since it’s very hard to get into schools here, you should first apply to a few places and see what happens. If your kids have a school then it’s time to look for a house.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 12:11 am
I am not driving

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 12:12 am
Thank you very much

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 12:46 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

If you had a specific cheder like sat at, it’s not hard to get it. Rachmanstrivke is more of a general chassidishe cheder so will definitely be harder. Apply first before you move. As a general rule though, boys are easier to get in than girls

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 1:16 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I am not driving

If you don't plan to start driving, best is if you move to a neighborhood where most women don't, so that you don't feel stuck. I don't live in Lkwd, but some non-drivers have told me they live in a development which is walking distance from shopping center and they have a shuttle (and their DH probably drives.)

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 8:45 am
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:
If you don't plan to start driving, best is if you move to a neighborhood where most women don't, so that you don't feel stuck. I don't live in Lkwd, but some non-drivers have told me they live in a development which is walking distance from shopping center and they have a shuttle (and their DH probably drives.)

Oak and vine.

Sebastian

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 8:55 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I am not driving

Then I think it's a really terrible idea to move to Lakewood, especially without a cheder. It's very hard to get around without driving.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 9:27 am
Sebastian wrote:
Then I think it's a really terrible idea to move to Lakewood, especially without a cheder. It's very hard to get around without driving.

I don’t think that’s true.
Have you seen chassidishe developments? Most of the women don’t drive. There’s usually a grocery they can walk to sometimes even a shopping plaza plus many home businesses and basement stores right in the development.
If op moves to/near a chassidish development, I think she’ll be fine once her kids have a school and her dh a job (but she didn’t say anything about the job).

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 10:22 pm
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
Have you seen chassidishe developments? Most of the women don’t drive. There’s usually a grocery they can walk to sometimes even a shopping plaza plus many home businesses and basement stores right in the development.
If op moves to/near a chassidish development, I think she’ll be fine once her kids have a school and her dh a job (but she didn’t say anything about the job).

I just moved to Toms River. I drive. But I talk to people that live in oak and vine, belz etc... that don't drive. It's EXTREMELY hard for them. It's usually the thing that bothers them most. Some even feel like moving back because of it.
There's more places you need to drive to besides a grocery.

Op beware. It's very very hard if you don't drive.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 10:27 pm
Why would be hard to live on harmony drive , brookhill or whispering pines?? Stores are right there

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 10:29 pm
Gee thanks for the hug. Unnecessary but I'll take it.

Sebastian

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 10:30 pm
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
I just moved to Toms River. I drive. But I talk to people that live in oak and vine, belz etc... that don't drive. It's EXTREMELY hard for them. It's usually the thing that bothers them most. Some even feel like moving back because of it.

yes. doctors, mikvas, schools etc. are not walkable or accessible via public transit

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 10:46 pm
Sebastian wrote:
yes. doctors, mikvas, schools etc. are not walkable or accessible via public transit

Toms River is a whole different story. Definitely not a place for a non driver but op wasn’t asking about that . She wants move to a chassidishe community in Lakewood.
My neighbor doesn’t drive. She takes Uber everywhere or her husband drives her.

bnm

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 11:25 pm
Apply to cheders and schools and see how it goes. You can rent in Oak N Vine or Belz.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 11:28 pm
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:

The ones who find it tough are probably from Brooklyn or Will, where e/t is right around the corner.
From the single visit I paid to Queens, it seems that it isn't that way at all.
Really depends what you're used to.
I know that some newcomers to Monsey can't survive without driving, while most oldtimers are totally ok with not driving.

pinkpeonies

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 12:34 am
Why would be hard to live on harmony drive , brookhill or whispering pines?? Stores are right there

Not really walking distance

LiLIsraeli

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 12:36 am

I see women with strollers trying to cross Route 9 from the Satmar development to the supermarket. It's so dangerous and really not a great way to live.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries