Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
ISO obgyn affiliated with NYU
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Sunny Days

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 9:59 pm
https://nyulangone.org/doctors.....roman
Yeah, my memory wasn’t too bad... Ashley Roman is from the NYU MFM

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 10:27 pm
Also had great experience with dr Berger for my last few children

Sunny Days

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 10:35 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I was not referring to Dr. Antoine.

Thank you everyone for the suggestions so far.
I am looking into them. I appreciate everyone’s responses.

Are there any good female OB’s that anyone would recommend?

Would you mind sharing which dr is retiring? jc
also, for female dr- there was a dr that was at one point part of the Migotzky group but I don't know if she still delivers in NYU as she's not part of their group yet. my friend loved her and made all appts with her- dr setarah shams.

dankbar

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 11:04 pm
Ashley Roman's grp is a high risk group with separate office, taking the prenatal visits but unless you schedule csection with one of the hi risk doctors, they don't come to delivery & send one of the doctor's from the regular group. I ended up having an emergency csection with a dr from the regular group. She did a good job but the whole emergency situation I was in, was partly because of the office by hi risk group. They never came by delivery or check afterwards. Everything was handled by the regular group although I only went to the hi risk office during prenatal visits as I am a hi risk patient

dankbar

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 11:17 pm
They let the hospital handle my emergency situation for 3 hours before sending someone to check on me.
Dr Scheinfeld sent me to hospital but only arrived 12 hrs later. Called in floor doctors to consult with, when there was emergency situation going on. At end, he went to consult with Dr Deouck. He ended up doing an emergency csection, ...........

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 12:13 am
Dr. Alan Berger is incredible.

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 12:16 am
Dr. Alan Berger is amazing

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 1:18 am
gamzehyaavor wrote:
Would you mind sharing which dr is retiring? jc
also, for female dr- there was a dr that was at one point part of the Migotzky group but I don't know if she still delivers in NYU as she's not part of their group yet. my friend loved her and made all appts with her- dr setarah shams.

I wasn’t using an OB from around here but I’m now looking for one and would like one who works within NYU. Sorry for making any of you nervous!

Someone else brought up insurance- I have a very good private insurance.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 1:22 am
Dankbar and gamzehyaavor, thank you for your extensive replies. I appreciate the details.

Dankbar-I’m sorry to hear that you had that kind of experience Sad. Really not something you want to go though at such a critical time, oy.

Sunny Days

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 1:33 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I wasn’t using an OB from around here but I’m now looking for one and would like one who works within NYU. Sorry for making any of you nervous!

Someone else brought up insurance- I have a very good private insurance.

Ah ok. If you private insurance, then Alan Berger would be my top choice. He’s a fantastic private Dr. Haven’t met any other OB like him yet.

amother
Green

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 1:38 am
I'd say go for Dr. Berger or Dr. Douek. I had great experiences with both.

Dr. Douek is great for various reasons, but I know some people who will use him for his later hours.

Dr. Berger is just the most caring OB I've ever met. He'll give you all the time in the world and then spend an extra half hour shmuzing(this can lead to longer wait times, but I'd say it's worth it).

amother
Green

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 1:50 am
dankbar wrote:
Ashley Roman's grp is a high risk group with separate office, taking the prenatal visits but unless you schedule csection with one of the hi risk doctors, they don't come to delivery & send one of the doctor's from the regular group. I ended up having an emergency csection with a dr from the regular group. She did a good job but the whole emergency situation I was in, was partly because of the office by hi risk group. They never came by delivery or check afterwards. Everything was handled by the regular group although I only went to the hi risk office during prenatal visits as I am a hi risk patient

I'm sorry you had bad experience. Bolded isn't quite true though... If they deem you high enough risk DURING delivery they will most definitely send in their docs and a fellow. It is possible if they have multiple cases going at once(which is likely if they were unavailable to even consult during your emergency) that they couldn't make it but those are exceptional circumstances.

I was delivered by Dr. Roman herself in past 3 months and if you get the luck of the draw(they have different MFM on call weekly at hospital) then she is the most skilled person you could possibly have in the room. She literally oversees all high risk cases at Tisch regardless of who their admitting OB is.

dankbar

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 2:01 am
Dr Roman herself is nice, but I got to see her like only once-twice throughout.
I was rushed in with Hatzoloh at 34 weeks with severe pre-eclampsia. I called them, they said I should go to hospital & hospital should deal with me first. It was true emergency, hospital was working on me for 3 hrs to stabilize me & save my life. After that, they send a dr who joined them a week earlier, not sure she was hi risk, to check on me, but she didn't stay with me....from there onward I was handled by one of the regular drs from Dr Schweitzer's grp. I know they were embarrased so they didn't want to face me, because they refused to see me or take my bp that day by appt, because I arrived late.

dankbar

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 2:31 am
You were lucky that from 15 drs between reg grp & hi risk that you had Dr Roman on call to deliver you. That is amazing! She is supposed to be a good dr but mostly people don't get to deliver with her

amother
Green

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 2:48 am
dankbar wrote:
You were lucky that from 15 drs between reg grp & hi risk that you had Dr Roman on call to deliver you. That is amazing! She is supposed to be a good dr but mostly people don't get to deliver with her

As I said, luck of the draw, b"h she was on that week. She was heavily involved in my case but I never met her before that day. I got to know most of MFMs under her, they are all highly skilled(certifiably by definition), but I definitely saw the difference when she commanded the room.

Baby had rare disease in utero so I got to know their office very well. I have my bones to pick with them, but Hashem made them my shaliach to help my baby make it through.

dankbar

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 6:37 am
Bh

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 9:32 am
To the posters who mentioned Dr.'s Doueck and Berger, I see online that their reviews say that the wait time in their offices is crazy long. Did you find that to be true? How long was the average wait? Is one appointment going to end up eating up an entire day?

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 11:54 am
I used Dr. Berger but my youngest is 10 (although I have used for routine issues for a few years afterward). I do remember waiting long enough to read the magazines (in plural) in his waiting room, but I felt it was worth it.
I know some people here recommended Dr. Schonfeld. I used him for one pregnancy at the recommendation of imamother. I wasn't aware until my appointment that he doesn't believe in any interventions whatsoever. While Dr. Berger is aware of my need for progesterone supplements after I started bleeding in my first pregnancy and my progesterone was low, Dr. Schonfeld refused to do anything other than prescribe advil when I started staining. I tried telling him that I need progesterone, but he said that if there's something wrong with the pregnancy, it's best to let it pass. I even went for bloodwork to prove that I'm still pregnant and my progesterone was low, (since he doesn't have his own lab, he had to call it in to quest, so by the time he got the results, it was too late) but he insisted that it's not worth trying to save a problematic pregnancy. As Dr. Berger was no longer on my insurance at the time, I miscarried, and gave Dr. Schonfeld an earful afterward. I'm glad to hear he is referring high risk patients elsewhere instead of murdering more babies. I would have a 6-year-old if I would have used a more competent doctor.

Ahuva's Mommy

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 12:24 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
To the posters who mentioned Dr.'s Doueck and Berger, I see online that their reviews say that the wait time in their offices is crazy long. Did you find that to be true? How long was the average wait? Is one appointment going to end up eating up an entire day?

Wednesday mornings are the worst because those are sono days. In general, I tried to get the first appointment of the day. If I needed to have a sonogram done with Chaya, then I definitely took an early appointment. That made the wait time more manageable. To me it was worth it, because the care I got by Dr. Berger was exceptional.

dankbar

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 1:27 pm
Brown I came to him as hi risk patient, he sent me to mmc for bloodwork, sonos, monitoring of my issues. They were watching me like a hawk. I lived there. I only went to him monthly for the routines like urine culture, bp, weight. He is very naturalminded & laid back. He didn't believe what mmc told me, and told me not to follow them, although he was the one who sent me there to behin with. Came delivery, it was him only, bc mmc only does the hi risk prenatal care. He had no clue what to do with me. Although my baby was in danger, he did nothing to progress the labor, just let nature take its course for hours. I ended up under his knife, although I didn't trust him from beans do begin with.
people that like more natural with no medical intervention love him.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries