Home

Measles Complications from this recent outbreak.
Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP


Post  Mon, Oct 07 2019, 4:18 pm
There was also an older man (60s+) who became blind in one eye, but it resolved itself BH.
Back to top

amother




Hotpink


Post  Mon, Oct 07 2019, 8:22 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
Flight attendant had encephalitis.

All hospitalized measles patients probably would have died if we did not have access to the proper equipment. And at least 1 in 10 measles patients are hospitalized, maybe more. Overwhelm the system and you'll start seeing lots more people die.

Recent stats from Jerusalem hospitals:
here

When they say "not vaxxed" it means "did not receive 2 doses of the MMR." Some adults received the single measles vaccine, it was a dead vaccine and did not work and those who received it are no longer immune and need to receive the MMR, but for these purposes they were considered vaxxed.

Deleted
Back to top

amother




Hotpink


Post  Mon, Oct 07 2019, 8:32 pm
And what about recent complications from MMR vaccine...
10 year old healthy child in Monsey with sudden rectal bleeding post MMR
5 year old healthy child with sudden seizures in Williamsburg post MMR
14 year old hospitalized in Long Island with visual disturbances and severe debilitating migraines post MMR
Child with sudden muscle atrophy in Monsey post MMR
Right to informed consent... vaccine reactions are much easier to identify when a healthy child gets the MMR and then voila...
Back to top

amother




Forestgreen


Post  Mon, Oct 07 2019, 8:49 pm
Lime
If person has measles then he’s not healthy
Just. Like you take meds for ear infection...you take vitamin ONLY when have measles ...
Will share my hashgacha story:)
My daughter can’t get vaccinated,was nervous she shouldn’t get measles,I was really careful not go out only when needed-seems like in grocery /shul she somehow caught the measles-
This was half year ago -& CHASDEI HASHEM blee eyen hara,her severe case of terrible excema is gone bh!for good!(other then a little on cheeks..)
Hashem is in control & he knows what’s best ....we don’t need to control e/o-
If they think not to vaccinate is safest -I trust them (P.S. I’m fully vaccinated)
Back to top

amother




Saddlebrown


Post  Mon, Oct 07 2019, 8:57 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
Lime
If person has measles then he’s not healthy
Just. Like you take meds for ear infection...you take vitamin ONLY when have measles ...
Will share my hashgacha story:)
My daughter can’t get vaccinated,was nervous she shouldn’t get measles,I was really careful not go out only when needed-seems like in grocery /shul she somehow caught the measles-
This was half year ago -& CHASDEI HASHEM blee eyen hara,her severe case of terrible excema is gone bh!for good!(other then a little on cheeks..)
Hashem is in control & he knows what’s best ....we don’t need to control e/o-
If they think not to vaccinate is safest -I trust them (P.S. I’m fully vaccinated)


Sorry to inform you but this does not last long term. Measles severely suppresses your immune system for up to 2 years after the infection, and that's why the eczema is gone. Not to burst your bubble, but it typically comes back at some point.
Back to top

southernbubby




 
 
 


Post  Mon, Oct 07 2019, 8:58 pm
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
And what about recent complications from MMR vaccine...
10 year old healthy child in Monsey with sudden rectal bleeding post MMR
5 year old healthy child with sudden seizures in Williamsburg post MMR
14 year old hospitalized in Long Island with visual disturbances and severe debilitating migraines post MMR
Child with sudden muscle atrophy in Monsey post MMR
Right to informed consent... vaccine reactions are much easier to identify when a healthy child gets the MMR and then voila...


I wonder how the MMR could cause rectal bleeding. The neurological symptoms can come from being vaccinated but I have never heard of a vaccine causing rectal bleeding.
Also, where did this information come from regarding these local vaccine injuries? Were they verified by doctors?
Are you denying that a virus such as measles can cause complications?
Back to top

chasdie Hashem




 
 
 


Post  Mon, Oct 07 2019, 9:03 pm
Southernbubbby
Me can cause inflammation
Rectal bleeding is inflammation
Back to top

southernbubby




 
 
 


Post  Mon, Oct 07 2019, 9:08 pm
chasdie Hashem wrote:
Southernbubbby
Me can cause inflammation
Rectal bleeding is inflammation


Rectal bleeding can also come from a big b.m. I never heard of inflammation from a vaccine causing rectal bleeding. Even if a vaccine can cause an auto-immune reaction, I would think that this would take time to develop. Does the child have Crohn's?
Back to top

amother




Denim


Post  Tue, Oct 08 2019, 1:45 am
I had measles in February, full blown case. BH I haven't been sick since.
My kids got one MMR. BH they're fine too. Except my kid with eczema, the eczema got worse this winter. Causation? Definitely correlation.
Back to top

amother




Chartreuse


Post  Tue, Oct 08 2019, 1:55 am
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
And what about recent complications from MMR vaccine...
10 year old healthy child in Monsey with sudden rectal bleeding post MMR
5 year old healthy child with sudden seizures in Williamsburg post MMR
14 year old hospitalized in Long Island with visual disturbances and severe debilitating migraines post MMR
Child with sudden muscle atrophy in Monsey post MMR
Right to informed consent... vaccine reactions are much easier to identify when a healthy child gets the MMR and then voila...

It's like you've never understood that correlation is not causation and a lot of these people would have had the same problems even if they'd skipped the vaccine.
and any problems caused by the vaccine would be several times worse had they gotten the disease....

vaccines cause adults.
Back to top

southernbubby




 
 
 


Post  Tue, Oct 08 2019, 8:44 am
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
It's like you've never understood that correlation is not causation and a lot of these people would have had the same problems even if they'd skipped the vaccine.
and any problems caused by the vaccine would be several times worse had they gotten the disease....

vaccines cause adults.


The problem comes in from lumping problems that could be caused by vaccines with problems unlikely to be linked to vaccines.
Back to top

amother




Forestgreen


Post  Tue, Oct 08 2019, 10:18 am
Refuah refuah shliema to all those in need!Having you all In mind!
Back to top

amother




Hotpink


Post  Tue, Oct 08 2019, 3:17 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
It's like you've never understood that correlation is not causation and a lot of these people would have had the same problems even if they'd skipped the vaccine.
and any problems caused by the vaccine would be several times worse had they gotten the disease....

vaccines cause adults.

Yes and so the reported blindness and deafness are not from the measles. It was just a correlation around the same time. Healthy children who get the MMR just by chance end up with seizures. Have it your way and please pray its never your child with a "correlation" issue.
Back to top

happyone




 
 
 


Post  Tue, Oct 08 2019, 3:50 pm
women just in remission for cancer died from contracting measles from a non vaxed visiting cousin. (I know the sister that sat shiva. no hearsay)
Back to top

amother




Denim


Post  Tue, Oct 08 2019, 3:56 pm
happyone wrote:
women just in remission for cancer died from contracting measles from a non vaxed visiting cousin. (I know the sister that sat shiva. no hearsay)

In which country did this woman die? There were no reported deaths in the US from the current outbreak.
Back to top

amother




Chocolate


Post  Tue, Oct 08 2019, 4:56 pm
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
Yes and so the reported blindness and deafness are not from the measles. It was just a correlation around the same time. Healthy children who get the MMR just by chance end up with seizures. Have it your way and please pray its never your child with a "correlation" issue.


Do you understand the difference between correlation and causation?
Back to top

amother




Chartreuse


Post  Fri, Oct 11 2019, 6:50 am
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
Yes and so the reported blindness and deafness are not from the measles. It was just a correlation around the same time. Healthy children who get the MMR just by chance end up with seizures. Have it your way and please pray its never your child with a "correlation" issue.

Do you not understand the difference between correlation and causation? Have you never heard of survivor's bias?

First of all, measles affects the nervous system. If it gets to the optic nerve, yes, it can cause blindness. It can also cause ear infections and deafness.

FEBRILE seizures are admittedly a very very rare side effect of the MMR.

Giving the MMR/V in two separate shots on the same day (MMR and V) halves the chance of febrile seizures. FEBRILE seizures are almost always outgrown by age six and can be mostly avoided if you give the child Tylenol at the first sign of a fever (because it is linked to the rise in temperature).


HOWEVER, if a child gets febrile seizures from the MMR, then that child will almost certainly get non-febrile seizures from the disease itself. In today's day and age, with anti-vaxxers rampant, the chance that your child will contract measles if left unvaxxed is very real, and much much higher than the chance that your child will suffer febrile seizures after the MMR.

The chance that your child will be hospitalized due to measles, or develop encephalitis due to measles, is infinitely higher than the chance your child will experience febrile seizures do to the MMR. If you'd like your child to contract the disease, please expose your child and then KEEP YOUR CHILD HOME so that no one too young to vaccinate or who is immunocompromised has to pay for YOUR choice. You have the right to make a choice for YOUR child - you have NO RIGHT to force your choice on anyone else.


BTW I have a child who has seizures - not febrile. But not from the MMR. I was actually kind of sad at the timing because if the timing had been different, perhaps I'd have something to blame instead of living with the uncertainty of not knowing what caused the seizures.

But it's important to understand that we like to find causes, and sometimes the cause is just bad genes, and there's nothing we can do about it.
Back to top

Frumwithallergies




 
 
 


Post  Fri, Oct 11 2019, 6:59 am
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
....& toddler that nebach passed away was sick way before that—l know for a fact!
Had health challenges before !

& if it’s really true that women became blind-any silly dr should’ve told her to stock up on vitamin !Before that happens!
Just like take vitamin c for a stupid cold....
B wtvr-...


People with underlying health problems were most at risk for measles complications. What's your point?
Are you seriously blaming the woman for her measles complication because she didn't buy vitamins?
I'm speachless at your callous, unfeeling, uncaring attitude. This is not fitting of a bas yisroel!
Back to top

Ruchel




 
 
 


Post  Fri, Oct 11 2019, 7:20 am
My oldest dd is named for my grandmother who is named for her aunt who lo alenu passed from this
Back to top

southernbubby




 
 
 


Post  Fri, Oct 11 2019, 8:36 am
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
In which country did this woman die? There were no reported deaths in the US from the current outbreak.


I got the feeling that she was in Canada but I don't know for sure.
Back to top
Previous  1, 2 Recent Topics

Page 2 of 2 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Measles in LI (Informational only) this week 1 Fri, Sep 20 2019, 7:05 am View last post
by nchr
NYC Measles Outbreak is Over
by amother
57 Wed, Sep 04 2019, 3:29 pm View last post
Is the measles outbreak still active?
by amother
21 Tue, Aug 20 2019, 9:08 pm View last post
Measles
by amother
14 Fri, Aug 16 2019, 10:22 am View last post
El Al flight attendant dies of measles
by ora_43
0 Tue, Aug 13 2019, 12:13 pm View last post

Jump to: