Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Measles Complications from this recent outbreak.
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 10:13 am
Can we also post if these people were vaccinated. The ones with the terrible stories especially.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 11:44 am
Hi I’m posting in name of very special neighbor

She not have internet access

Her son is unfortunately not here anymore -Cuz that’s what Hashem wanted

But -she feels achrayis to spread the word-child started having seizures day that got vaccinated
She ran to top drs
Spent lots of $

She was Pro PRO vax
Year later gave flu shot

Child had seizure again in drs office few minutes later

He’s not here
Hashem wanted

But she’s now ANTI vax
& she wants spread the word

meme6

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 11:58 am
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:

But -she feels achrayis to spread the word-child started having seizures day that got vaccinated
She ran to top drs
Spent lots of $

She was Pro PRO vax
Year later gave flu shot

He’s not here
Hashem wanted

But she’s now ANTI vax

Can a child have a reaction to the shot yes so in her case her child had a reaction which was bad. But the shots do more good then harm. Kids have allergic reactions to anything on the planet. My child is allergic fatally to nuts and many others so should I stop the world from selling or giving nuts. The shots are actually saving many peoples lives by protecting them from not getting the sickness

southernbubby

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 12:05 pm

She ran to top drs
Spent lots of $

She was Pro PRO vax
Year later gave flu shot

He’s not here
Hashem wanted

But she’s now ANTI vax

A child who was visiting our community drowned last week in a boating accident. This means that from now on, we should view boats as dangerous and no one should benefit from them.

I ran into an anti-vaxer today who was shopping with her child who was covered in chicken pox but she said that he was no longer contagious. She said something to me about shots and I just answered that some people want to avoid these illnesses because medical treatment is not always effective.

I recently saw article online about the time wasting futility of scientific ping pong between pro-vaxers and anti-vaxers. Basically these online discussions gather a lot of trolls and the best way to discuss your views is to simply say either that I prefer to prevent the disease or catch the disease. Those who are looking for allies in their fight against the government can be told that this is their fight and good luck with that.

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 12:08 pm
southernbubby wrote:
A child who was visiting our community drowned last week in a boating accident. This means that from now on, we should view boats as dangerous and no one should benefit from them.

I ran into an anti-vaxer today who was shopping with her child who was covered in chicken pox but she said that he was no longer contagious. She said something to me about shots and I just answered that some people want to avoid these illnesses because medical treatment is not always effective.

I recently saw article online about the time wasting futility of scientific ping pong between pro-vaxers and anti-vaxers. Basically these online discussions gather a lot of trolls and the best way to discuss your views is to simply say either that I prefer to prevent the disease or catch the disease. Those who are looking for allies in their fight against the government can be told that this is their fight and good luck with that.

How does it matter if someone is pro or anti vax in regards to if chickenpox is contagious or not??? Chickenpox is no longer contagious once no new ones crop up and the old ones start crusting over, so even if the child is clearly still recovering, s/he is no longer contagious.

keym

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 12:10 pm

She ran to top drs
Spent lots of $

She was Pro PRO vax
Year later gave flu shot

He’s not here
Hashem wanted

But she’s now ANTI vax

And here's where I get lost. Why does she want to spread the word? I understand that she is not comfortable vaccinating. I understand that there are children who can't be vaccinated.
But shouldn't those families want the vaccination rate to stay very high- 99% so that terrible diseases don't come back.
If I had a bad experience with shots, I'd davka want everyone who possibly can to get it.
The world is not that small anymore, and diseases are very very easily transmitted. There are polio outbreaks in India and Africa. Diptheria also. How hard do you think it would be to spread it here in America.
My grandparents feared the annual summer polio outbreaks. They celebrated the vaccine.

As a previous poster wrote. My kids have fatal allergies and I guard them like a hawk. Does that mean all peanuts, nuts, eggs, dairy, soy etc are evil? Should I spread the word that no kids should eat eggs because my kid almost died from eating it?

southernbubby

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 12:35 pm
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
How does it matter if someone is pro or anti vax in regards to if chickenpox is contagious or not??? Chickenpox is no longer contagious once no new ones crop up and the old ones start crusting over, so even if the child is clearly still recovering, s/he is no longer contagious.

I only brought up chicken pox because her children are catching these things. Last year they had measles. I hope that she was accurate that the illness was no longer contagious because he was really covered with boo boos.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 1:11 pm
So..
Don’t stop going on bus cuz can crash-
If need to get to school
Don’t stop selling nuts -
If wanna enjoy a sandwich

Do -not take a 1 percent chance of running btwn 2 cars that are driving even if you know for fact that you can
Do -not take antibiotics so Incase you’ll ever get infection the antibodies should be there already prepared to fight

& ...Do -not either seal your windows with iorn gates so a thief won’t get in-(which there’s let’s say a 30 percent chance that it might happem)if there’s also a 30 percent chance that a fire c”v can accrue & will be stuck to get out

& do not fight antis cuz there’s a zero percent chance they might listen & a 100 percent chance that Hashem doesn’t like it

Love you all-have a wonderful productive day!

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 1:17 pm
meme6 wrote:
Can a child have a reaction to the shot yes so in her case her child had a reaction which was bad. But the shots do more good then harm. Kids have allergic reactions to anything on the planet. My child is allergic fatally to nuts and many others so should I stop the world from selling or giving nuts. The shots are actually saving many peoples lives by protecting them from not getting the sickness

No one is forcing nuts into your child’s body even if they are healthy and can prevent lots of diseases
Yet they are forcing vaccines and on those with allergy

banana123

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 1:37 pm
keym wrote:
And here's where I get lost. Why does she want to spread the word? I understand that she is not comfortable vaccinating. I understand that there are children who can't be vaccinated.
But shouldn't those families want the vaccination rate to stay very high- 99% so that terrible diseases don't come back.
If I had a bad experience with shots, I'd davka want everyone who possibly can to get it.
The world is not that small anymore, and diseases are very very easily transmitted. There are polio outbreaks in India and Africa. Diptheria also. How hard do you think it would be to spread it here in America.
My grandparents feared the annual summer polio outbreaks. They celebrated the vaccine.

As a previous poster wrote. My kids have fatal allergies and I guard them like a hawk. Does that mean all peanuts, nuts, eggs, dairy, soy etc are evil? Should I spread the word that no kids should eat eggs because my kid almost died from eating it?

Firstly many anti-vaxxers DO want to spread the disease because only the disease grants "true" immunity (so they say). And they claim no one will die if they _____ (insert whatever they believe parents should do to for their child to be worthy of life) and don't have "medical issues" (so anyone with "medical issues" is not worthy of survival or protection, according to them)

Secondly you're looking for logic where there is none. Their claims are so inconsistent that it would be laughable if the issue were not life-or-death.

Example 1: Big Pharma makes big bucks off vaccines, that's why they sell them.
Truth: The amount Big Pharma makes off vaccines is negligible and most of the earnings cover producing vaccines.
Uncomfortable truth: Anti-vax homeopathic "practitioners" often earn 80-100% of their salaries selling "natural medicines" and other "remedies" which are not supervised by any body, and many if not most "practitioners" and sellers of these remedies don't know the potential side effects of what they are selling or what the contraindications are, they don't know purity level and they don't know dosage because dosage differs by batch and bottle/ pill. But if Big Pharma earns a bit - that's not okay, they're biased. If THEY earn their livelihood off it - no way are they biased. Hmmm.

Example 2: Vaccines cause horrible side effects.
Truth: Yes vaccines can sometimes, very rarely, cause horrible side effects.
Uncomfortable truth: The disease is much more likely to cause any and all of these horrible side effects than the vaccine is, and any child who reacted to the vaccine in all likelihood would have reacted much worse to the disease. In addition the disease causes side effects which the vaccine does not cause.

southernbubby

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 2:26 pm
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
No one is forcing nuts into your child’s body even if they are healthy and can prevent lots of diseases

I know people who have autoimmune diseases and their doctors can't vaccinate them which makes them vulnerable to the flu. I do agree that doctors should be allowed to practice sound medicine without government interference but there were too many people paying $$$ for false medical exemptions so who's to blame? The government? Or how about those people who didn't fight for religious exemptions because too many people who had measles were exposing vulnerable people to it and they lost all sympathy?

meme6

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 2:42 pm

The force only started when the anti vaxxers started doing stupid stuff like spreading disease. Actual lay medical exemptions are given for cases where children can’t tolerate the shots or are allergic to them. Doctors aren’t stupid!

banana123

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 4:00 pm

No but there sure are a lot of parents who force children with nut allergies to either stay home or die.

When a school or class becomes peanut-free there are tons of parents who kvetch about the inconvenience and how dare someone think it's okay to deprive their precious love of their favorite sandwich/ snack/ the only thing they agree to eat.

It's really the same thing. Especially since nut allergies are about airborne particles - just like measles.

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 7:26 pm
banana123 wrote:
Firstly many anti-vaxxers DO want to spread the disease because only the disease grants "true" immunity (so they say). And they claim no one will die if they _____ (insert whatever they believe parents should do to for their child to be worthy of life) and don't have "medical issues" (so anyone with "medical issues" is not worthy of survival or protection, according to them)

Secondly you're looking for logic where there is none. Their claims are so inconsistent that it would be laughable if the issue were not life-or-death.

Example 1: Big Pharma makes big bucks off vaccines, that's why they sell them.
Truth: The amount Big Pharma makes off vaccines is negligible and most of the earnings cover producing vaccines.
Uncomfortable truth: Anti-vax homeopathic "practitioners" often earn 80-100% of their salaries selling "natural medicines" and other "remedies" which are not supervised by any body, and many if not most "practitioners" and sellers of these remedies don't know the potential side effects of what they are selling or what the contraindications are, they don't know purity level and they don't know dosage because dosage differs by batch and bottle/ pill. But if Big Pharma earns a bit - that's not okay, they're biased. If THEY earn their livelihood off it - no way are they biased. Hmmm.

Example 2: Vaccines cause horrible side effects.
Truth: Yes vaccines can sometimes, very rarely, cause horrible side effects.
Uncomfortable truth: The disease is much more likely to cause any and all of these horrible side effects than the vaccine is, and any child who reacted to the vaccine in all likelihood would have reacted much worse to the disease. In addition the disease causes side effects which the vaccine does not cause.

Many VPD are NOT life and death. Do you have data on rates of side effects of vaccines to the rates of side effects of actual illnesses?
And where do you have proof of the fact that children who would have reacted to vaccines, would react worse to the illness. Based on the sheer number of ex vaxxers (who stopped because of perceived vaccine reactions), who got their kids the measles and their kids are completely fine, alive and kicking, I dont think this is a valid comment. Do you have data to back this?

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 7:33 pm
banana123 wrote:
No but there sure are a lot of parents who force children with nut allergies to either stay home or die.

When a school or class becomes peanut-free there are tons of parents who kvetch about the inconvenience and how dare someone think it's okay to deprive their precious love of their favorite sandwich/ snack/ the only thing they agree to eat.

It's really the same thing. Especially since nut allergies are about airborne particles - just like measles.
I'm a non vaxxing parent and I've never kvetched about nut free school policies. [Incidentally, I believe there'd be a lot less life threatening allergies if we all vaxxed less, but I digress], but even if there are parents who do, the fact remains that nobody is really harmed by refraining from bringing nuts to school, even if they are a bit inconvenienced. But people are harmed by vaccines. So it's really not a great comparison at all.

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 7:36 pm
keym wrote:

Here's the thing: nobody knows in advance that their kid is going to be the one to react this way. So you want to warn people that this is something that could really happen, even though the doctors don't tell you it could. And it changes the whole equation. For everybody.

southernbubby

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 8:02 pm
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
Many VPD are NOT life and death. Do you have data on rates of side effects of vaccines to the rates of side effects of actual illnesses?
And where do you have proof of the fact that children who would have reacted to vaccines, would react worse to the illness. Based on the sheer number of ex vaxxers (who stopped because of perceived vaccine reactions), who got their kids the measles and their kids are completely fine, alive and kicking, I dont think this is a valid comment. Do you have data to back this?

I think that most VPDs have had some deaths and disabilities attributed to them, even if the victims were fetuses.
I do agree with you, however, that there is no connection between how someone reacts to an illness and how their bodies assimilate and process a vaccine.

tryinghard

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 10:01 pm
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:

I've never heard this before, but your argument doesn't hold up logically:

Say Shloime gets vaccine A and has a reaction. Now his mother says "no more vaccines". A year later, Shloime gets VPD B, and Baruch Hashem, he recovers with no lasting damage. This would neither prove nor disprove the above theory - because the theory is that yes, he did have that reaction to vaccine A, but he would have had a similar but possibly worse reaction to actual VPD A. The issue is, Shloime is now immune to VPD A, so there is no way to know!

southernbubby

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 10:09 pm
tryinghard wrote:
I've never heard this before, but your argument doesn't hold up logically:

Say Shloime gets vaccine A and has a reaction. Now his mother says "no more vaccines". A year later, Shloime gets VPD B, and Baruch Hashem, he recovers with no lasting damage. This would neither prove nor disprove the above theory - because the theory is that yes, he did have that reaction to vaccine A, but he would have had a similar but possibly worse reaction to actual VPD A. The issue is, Shloime is now immune to VPD A, so there is no way to know!

But then the reverse logic would be that people who die of measles would have died from the MMR because measles in any form is fatal to that person.

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 10:22 pm
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
Here's the thing: nobody knows in advance that their kid is going to be the one to react this way. So you want to warn people that this is something that could really happen, even though the doctors don't tell you it could. And it changes the whole equation. For everybody.

I’ve never had a pediatrician tell me there are no side affects. (Effects?) I do my research and I also discuss each vaccine with my pediatrician. I space them out, and only do one at a time. Nothing has changed for me.
Page 3 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics