Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Pearl studs on shidduch photo?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5 9  10  11  Next

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 7:31 pm
My response to OP...speechless. eye roll. You don’t want to hear my answer .
But this thread did remind me of when I was a kallah. My future MIL called to try to convince me that pearls are so much prettier than diamonds and she was asking what type of necklace I wanted. The question went like this “ What type of necklace do you want? Diamond or pearls? Please say pearls! Please say pearls!” So being the people pleaser I was , I said “pearls”.... but I really wanted those diamonds and she didn’t want to hear that for an answer.

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 7:46 pm
I did not read thru the whole thread.

To me pearl studs reflect classiness and good taste. It’s all I’ve ever worn and still wear besides for the diamond earrings I was gifted as a kallah. I love them, I have nice sized ones and lo and behold, my teen daughters all wear them. I happen to think it enhances the face.

chestnut

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 9:58 pm
amother [ Red ] wrote:
I was thinking that OP is going through the resume pics looking at the young ladies shidduch pictures and noticing that many are wearing bigger and more expensive jewelry and this young lady is wearing studs.
Kind of makes me feel she is looking for a young lady from a wealthy family, although this may not be the case.

Oooh, that's what "put together" means these days

Flip Flops

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 10:13 pm
To answer Op's question:

I am from the yeshivish world and pearls or any studs for that matter are considered very nice - not "in" as in trendy but something that always goes. Very popular in the wealthy, heimish-leaning crowd.
So if she's wearing pearl studs she prob. dresses very well and has a good sense of style. Just saying.

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 10:47 pm
All I'm going to say is I am SO glad I don't travel those circles.

Cheiny

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 10:49 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Is it the norm for yeshivish working girls to wear studs? I was surprised to see this on a picture sent to me with a resume.

Quite honestly I’d be terrified at the prospect of a potential mother in law who’s picking me apart, down to my earrings!

trixx

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 11:49 pm
I wore pearls on my wedding day, the same studs I wore every day of high school lol (come to think of it I haven't worn them since. Really gets lost in a shaitel which is a shame)

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 12:15 am
Forget the earrings. I'm stuck on "yeshivish working girl." Are there yeshivish learning girls? What other kind of yeshivish girls are there?

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 12:30 am
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
Forget the earrings. I'm stuck on "yeshivish working girl." Are there yeshivish learning girls? What other kind of yeshivish girls are there?

Yeshivish want to be full time stay at home mom girls.

Simple1

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 6:43 am
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
Yeshivish want to be full time stay at home mom girls.

Nearly all single girls work. Unless she means someone with a more professional career.

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 7:15 am
The concept of yeshivish stay at home married girls/moms is very outdated. Like, from the 80s to maybe early 90s. Except for a very few exceptions, it's a thing of the past.

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 7:27 am
pearls have come back in style. Alot of pple started wearing them again. Local hosiery store in lkwd even started selling pearl studs in diff sizes. So this girl may just be more "with it"

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 7:31 am
Have the girl take another shidduch picture wearing appropriate earrings. Would you like her to change her top or hairstyle also? Maybe she can include a full body shot with height and weight.

top mom

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 7:41 am
Earring choices is a really accurate way of knowing if a girl will be a good wife to your son. Can't Believe It

Sandrine

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 7:52 am
Yes exactly ! Like sock colour is a great way of identifying good husband material !!

amother
Crimson

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 7:59 am
top mom wrote:
Earring choices is a really accurate way of knowing if a girl will be a good wife to your son. Can't Believe It

No. But the way we dress does reflect a lot on who we are. “Habeged osse Et h’adam”
Clothes is a form of self expression of the person within , for sure. A homeless guy dressed differently than the prime minister.
Of course need to dig deeper and check further. Not saying that looking at clothes is enough.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 8:05 am
Sandrine wrote:
Yes exactly ! Like sock colour is a great way of identifying good husband material !!

Wow. I'm really out of it. I did not know this.
Can you please provide a detailed guide?

amother
Crimson

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 8:06 am
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
No. But the way we dress does reflect a lot on who we are. “Habeged osse Et h’adam”
Clothes is a form of self expression of the person within , for sure. A homeless guy dressed differently than the prime minister.
Of course need to dig deeper and check further. Not saying that looking at clothes is enough.

Feels to me like everyone is just letting out steam about the frustration with the shidduch systems / crisis , nothing to do with OP or her question. If I’d be in her position I’d also scrutinize the picture of my son’s potential wife, naturally.
It was just a spring board Wink

little neshamala

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 8:06 am
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:

There is some truth to what youre saying but your example totally does not fit into this scenario. Instead of comparing a. Homeless guy to a prime minister, id say this level of scrutiny is comparing one prime minister's tie with another prime minister's tie. Checked or striped? What does that indicate about your peime minister?

finallyamommy

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 8:12 am
I've only read the first page, but I don't even understand the question. What on earth could be wrong with pearl earrings? They're small, refined, beautiful, tzanua...I'm seriously confused.
Page 4 of 11   Previous  1  2  3  4  5 9  10  11  Next Recent Topics