Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Where to get intravenous for yom kippur? Brooklyn
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 2:09 pm
Where should I go to get intravenous for water fluid? My rav strongly holds I should not do shiurim of liquid if possible. My baby is 9 weeks old.
Thanks for your help!

flmommy

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 2:11 pm
Hmm maybe call hatzalah and ask. I hope fast goes better then expected.

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 2:12 pm
I've seen this is an issue too. Always ask. I don't know to answer your question though

Elfrida

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 2:23 pm
I put in a few today so that people would have them ready for Yom Kippur. But in Israel people are more familiar with this. Is there a frum medical practice near you? You probably wouldn't be the first one to ask about such a service. Even if they won't do it they might be able to reccomend someone who would.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 2:24 pm
In America you can call IV drips although they may be booked up

Ruchel

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 2:30 pm
Urgh. This comes with RISKS, real risks. Please see a gadol about it.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 2:40 pm
Ruchel wrote:
Urgh. This comes with RISKS, real risks. Please see a gadol about it.

I did and this was the answer I received

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 2:47 pm
I really don't understand this. If fasting is so risky for people's health that they need an IV, which comes with real risks of its own, then those people should not be fasting. If someone is in general good health but worried about becoming weak then shiurim is the time tested and halachic solution.

Amother because I've been having this discussion in real life.

Elfrida

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 2:49 pm
There are risks in anything. A fluid IV, properly inserted and supervised, is a fairly low risk procedure. Come to that, so is fasting for the average healthy woman, including someone two months after birth. Some women pump and store milk in advance so that they don't have to worry about maintaining milk supply.

Re-reading the original post, it is somewhat unclear. Did the Rav actually advise you get an IV, or did he say to avoid shiurim if possible, and you thought of the IV as an alternative method to maintain hydration?

Her Rav, who knows her specific circumstances much better than anyone here, gave this advice. We don't need to argue - just assist in the technicalities of following her Rav's advice.

Last edited by Elfrida on Mon, Oct 07 2019, 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

sequoia

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 2:50 pm
No!

If you need fluids, you drink.

iammom

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 3:03 pm
Go to the ER?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 3:03 pm
Elfrida wrote:
There are risks in anything. A fluid IV, properly inserted and supervised, is a fairly low risk procedure. Come to that, so is fasting for the average healthy woman, including someone two months after birth. Some women pump and store milk in advance so that they don't have to worry about maintaining milk supply.

Re-reading the original post, it is somewhat unclear. Did the Rav actually advise you get an IV, or did he say to avoid shiurim if possible, and you thought of the IV as an alternative method to maintain hydration?

Her Rav, who knows her specific circumstances much better than anyone here, gave this advice. We don't need to argue - just assist in the technicalities of following her Rav's advice.

Recommended IV

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 3:05 pm
Call hatzola and they will tell you where to go. Or check the local papers for advertisements.
Note that you need a prescription for it, you can't just request and get IV.

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 3:05 pm
How do u upload a pic I have the ad of the IV in Brooklyn? You can call the biker cholim that provides IV today to find out all details 7188512500.

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 3:46 pm
Its yom kippur... we dont drink if a rav says iv.. I'm 2 weeks post op, dayan also said iv.. if I have no choice then drink shiurim. Also it is preferable to prepare the vein before yom kippur. There is an ad in the Link for ivdrips.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 3:53 pm
Call Pesha Elias Bikur Cholim. They have 3 or so locations set up around BP.
(718) 851-2500
Feel free to PM me if you need further information or support.

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 4:00 pm
Ive done vitamin and hydration IVs for years. I do them regularly not just before a fast. They have helped my immunity and energy tremendously. They are also really helpful in flu season.

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 5:05 pm
depends where you live.

southernbubby

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 5:36 pm
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
Call hatzola and they will tell you where to go. Or check the local papers for advertisements.
Note that you need a prescription for it, you can't just request and get IV.

There is an urgent care center in Crown Heights that advertises that they give some sort of IV vitamin infusion and I think that it's a type of alternative medicine rather than a prescription. It pays to check it out but a port would have to be inserted prior to Yom Kippur and then the actual infusion would have to be given probably at that location during the day of Yom Kippur.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 6:21 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Call Pesha Elias Bikur Cholim. They have 3 or so locations set up around BP.
(718) 851-2500
Feel free to PM me if you need further information or support.

Do you need to bring a drs note? It says so, but is it an absolute must
I got heter from rav, I don't want k have to run to a dr now for a note....
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note