Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Podcasts

JAWSCIENCE

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 8:08 pm
I have a long commute and could use some interesting listening material. Any podcast recommendations?

SuperWify

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 8:27 pm
So many great frum ones!

Barianna
Boss Maidel
Jewish Latin princess
Headlines radio

1ofbillions

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 8:43 pm
Some of the podcasts I’ve been listening to while driving lately:

Armchair Expert - podcast by Dax Shepard, Kristen Bell’s husband. He interviews experts in various fields, including psychologists, doctors, various celebrities. He’s very skilled at establishing a rapport with his interviewees, and bringing up really interesting topics. I’m most interesting in psychology, so I loved his interviews with Tal Ben-Shahar (Israeli Harvard professor of psych - absolutely life changing info was conveyed in this podcast), Dr. John Guttman (psychologist who is able to predict whether a couple will divorce or not from watching them converse for an hour), and Wendy Mogel (child psychologist who discussed parenting strategies, the moral dilemma of behavioral diagnoses, and a study which discovered the one thing every child wishes they could tell their parent.)

Freakonomics - Educational podcast that explores fascinating societal topics. I loved the podcast in which they analyzed Trader Joes success recently, as well as the one in which they studied the relationship between abortion and crimes rates. The podcast is very evidence based and makes me feel educated.

Where Should We Begin with Esther Perel - podcast which has a one time, real couples therapy session. Super interesting, very educational. You end up recognizing yourself in many of the couples, and are able to take Esther’s advice because hearing it directed at someone else keeps your defenses from going up. Some podcasts are seriously NSFW; there’s a warning by those episodes, so beware if you’re uncomfortable with listening to couples discussing the challenges they have with their s-ex lives.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics