Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Hosiery store- why no prices??

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 8:54 pm
Am I the only one that finds this crazy?
Do people just buy without knowing how much it costs/comparing different brands???
I literally felt like a beggar today when I kept asking prices of different socks/tights for myself and 4 kids.

imamother153

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 8:56 pm
The 2 stores I shop in all have their items marked with the price. Maybe try a different store in the neighborhood if there is one.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 8:58 pm
imamother153 wrote:
The 2 stores I shop in all have their items marked with the price. Maybe try a different store in the neighborhood if there is one.

The two stores that I shop in (Brooklyn), both don't have prices, only on the headbands and some accessories

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 9:00 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Do people just buy without knowing how much it costs/comparing different brands???
I literally felt like a beggar today when I kept asking prices of different socks/tights for myself and 4 kids.

I noticed that they are so busy reloading and restocking shelves with socks and tights that the stuff being added are not stickered with the price. But items already previously on the shelf were stickered. I think it’s just too busy right now and they don’t have the time to add the stickers . That was my observation the other day. The sales people were nice though in letting me know the price range so I knew which was cheaper etc.

shmosmom

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 9:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Ugh I totally agree.
Sometimes if it's just block socks or tights or whatever I ask them which brands are cheapest.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 9:23 pm
How hard is it to make a price list, and tape it to the racks?

ABC brand is $4
XYZ brand is $5
QWERTY brand is $20

Easy peasy.

groisamomma

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 9:30 pm
It drives me crazy also. Lakewood's hosiery stores don't price things either. You can't be shy. I just ask and ask.

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 9:43 pm
groisamomma wrote:
It drives me crazy also. Lakewood's hosiery stores don't price things either. You can't be shy. I just ask and ask.

I was not happy either! I spent over $150 (buying for myself and 4 girls, hopefully enough to last until pesach! I wish...LOL )and when I ask if the tights I took were the chespest, got a vague response from cashier who then started/continued shmoozing with her coworker and totally ignoring me !!! Banging head
If I had another option I would run the other way unfortunately hosiery in non jewish store doesn't compare!! This bad customer service causes ppl to not patronize jewish stores!!

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 9:45 pm
My sister had a friend buy her tights and wanted to pay her back but they lost the receipt. She called the store and asked how much this exact tights were. They told her they can't give her a price over the phone. She needs to come in and ask...

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 9:47 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
How hard is it to make a price list, and tape it to the racks?

ABC brand is $4
XYZ brand is $5
QWERTY brand is $20

Easy peasy.

NOT so easy when every brand has 3 or 4 different types!!!
ABC 20 Deniers
ABC 40 deniers
ABC 60 deniers
XYZ control top
XYZ regular....
You get the picture!!! Wink

little neshamala

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 9:51 pm
groisamomma wrote:

The one I shop in in monsey also doesnt list prices, but I cant ask anyone! Theyre always super busy and assisting other customers. I may be able to chase down a saleslady once, or even twice, but more than that would have me in the store for hours.
Its so so aggravating!

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 9:56 pm
Lakewooders can we protest? Write a letter to the voice? Or if they start putting prices on basics they will see sale drop

ra_mom

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 10:16 pm
I find that that children's socks and cotton design tights are marked but regular tights aren't and priced can hugely vary and there are so so many brands.

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 10:23 pm
Wow someone actually posted something that has always annoyed me.
Yes I live in Lakewood, no prices and no one to ask.
I cant keep going to the guy at the register that's busy.
I was so upset when I checked my receipt and noticed I just paid $10. on just one pair of tights for 5 yr old dd and had no time to go back and return.

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 10:25 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
Lakewooders can we protest? Write a letter to the voice? Or if they start putting prices on basics they will see sale drop

Hosiery plus has prices listed on a sheet in the beg of each aisle (just took this pic of the prices last week to price compare)

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 10:29 pm
I haven't been to the hosiery store the past few weeks, but I usually shop in Hosiery Plus on Kennedy and almost everything is priced. The tights are all listed on price sheets hung at the end of the aisle for kids and adults. Most socks have stickers on them. Maybe like an earlier poster wrote- before y"t they can't keep up and aren't stickering every pair...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics