Home

What's Your Red Line?
  Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next  Last >>
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> In the News -> Politics

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


#BestBubby




 
 
 


Post  Fri, Oct 18 2019, 3:09 pm
Excerpt from Kurt Schlichter: https://townhall.com/columnist.....54816


Take the Northern Syrian crisis – please. I generally side with the non-commie Kurds over the Turks, but facts are facts and facts mean something. We keep hearing how we “betrayed our allies,” but who promised the Kurds that we would fight Turkey on their behalf? It’s a big jump from “Let’s both fight ISIS” to “Take that, NATO ally.” But our garbage media, and our garbage politicians, sort of hand wave away the fact that you can’t “betray” someone by not doing what you never promised to do, especially when no reasonable person could ever expect you to do it.

And then there’s the Kurdish monolith issue – all Kurds are not created equal. There are different Kurd factions and different Kurd groups, and some Kurds are communists. In fact, we’ve designated the very Kurds Turkey says it’s going after (the PKK) as terrorists based on their actual terrorism. Certainly, at the start of the story you probably couldn’t have expected our reporters and our politicians to tell Kurd X from Kurd Y without a program (in a better world, though, we’d expect them to zip it until they could), but when we’re a week-plus into what is allegedly the greatest atrocity ever was (because they think they can pin it on Trump) and they are still pretending that all Kurds are sweet n’ cuddly, they are lying to you.

We’ve got a bunch of politicians posing and posturing and prancing about over this border incursion half-way around the world and we’re sitting here wishing they would devote some of that wailing and teeth-gnashing to the incursions over our border. But once again, they act like we can’t see the truth sitting right there. As for the Democrats, well, how long would their support have lasted if Trump had used force against…our NATO ally? “You’re helping Putin!” they would shriek. Of course, they are currently shrieking, “You’re helping Putin!” when Trump doesn’t use force against Turkey.

And then there are the Republicans who holler and cry, raging over this terrible situation as if there wasn’t some way for our pols to influence events by, oh, I dunno, offering a resolution declaring war. That’s a thing in the Constitution, I hear.

But taking votes means taking stands, and virtue signaling is no fun if that signal is, “I want you to send your sons and daughters to maybe die to sort out this latest 2000-year-old brawl between this latest bunch of strangers,” and the voters you signal it to are sick of stupid wars that never seem to end.
Back to top

Fox




 
 
 


Post  Fri, Oct 18 2019, 3:17 pm
Yet another voice -- this time Politico, hardly a right-wing outlet -- realizing that perhaps this is a situation with no good solution:

What Trump Actually Gets Right About Syria
Back to top

Cheiny




 
 
 


Post  Fri, Oct 18 2019, 3:17 pm
JoyInTheMorning wrote:
How do imamother Trump supporters feel about what is happening with the Kurds in Syria now that America is withdrawing its troops? Most Republican legislators strongly oppose this move, as evidenced by the resolution overwhelmingly passed by the House yesterday. Even staunch supporters of Trump like Graham have spoken out against this betrayal of our ally.

Are you concerned that Trump abandoning one ally makes it more likely that he’ll abandon other allies? Note that sudden turnarounds in loyalty are common for Trump, as is evident not only from his very frequent staff changes, but also from his comments and tweets after staff departures. What do you think that says about his support for Israel?

Given the difference in opinion between Trump and most Republican legislators, is your loyalty more to the Republican Party (as is the case with PF) or to Trump himself?

Did you read the letter Trump wrote to Erdogan? Do the style and tone of the letter worry you?


I’m just so entertained by the people who use the latest “outrage” of the day to bash Trump as if it’s finally THE impeachable crime they’ve finally found (after doing the same , and striking out with, the many outrages before it, ie. Mueller, Russia collusion, Russia obstruction, Stormy, racism, white nationalism, insanity, Ukraine....) Lol it’s comical, but I guess the mainstream media and lying dem leaders have accomplished their goal.
Back to top

Cheiny




 
 
 


Post  Fri, Oct 18 2019, 3:19 pm
princessleah wrote:
I have no affection for Trump and I disagree with just about every policy he has put in place and every position he has, and I think he's a bad person.

And I wasn't sure this impeachment inquiry was going to lead anywhere, and maybe it was a waste of time and would hurt the Democrats in the long run.

When I turned my phone on after Shabbat or Yom Tov (who can remember at this point) and saw the news about Syria and the Kurds I as absolutely sick to my stomach. I've actually been thinking about it every day since then. I am completely horrified that he abandoned our allies and left them to be slaughtered. I don't understand how anyone can justify this.

It is murder.


You left out, he’s also responsible for world hunger, cancer, AIDS, etc.


Last edited by Cheiny on Wed, Oct 23 2019, 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top

Cheiny




 
 
 


Post  Fri, Oct 18 2019, 3:21 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
According to HH a little bird (I.e. some info source he has) says that Erdogan told Trump he was going to go into Syria anyway so Trump's getting everyone out because there weren't enough people there to make a difference.

I'm not saying this to be dlkz. It would be interesting to know if there is truth to this, or if it's just trying to whitewash and protect Trump.


Would any liberals care? I think we all know the answer to that. It’s whatever they can pounce on to bash him with...yesterday it was Ukraine...the day before, Russia collusion...it’s getting old and very transparent. And it won’t help. He will be re-elected.
Back to top

Cheiny




 
 
 


Post  Fri, Oct 18 2019, 3:23 pm
JoyInTheMorning wrote:
It cannot be quantified and will be very hard to reverse, even after Trump and his cronies are gone. Even if he wins in 2020, he'll be gone in January 2025. But the damage to our democracy and norms will last for quite a while, and the damage to the frum community's values will last even longer.


Were you this upset and doomsday-thinking when Obama pulled out of Iraq? Nah, of course not, because he was liberals’ pc idol who could do no wrong!
Back to top

Cheiny




 
 
 


Post  Fri, Oct 18 2019, 3:26 pm
[quote="#BestBubby"]To all Democrat Ima-Mothers crying over the Kurds. If Trump had aided the Kurds, The Democrats and their Fake News Media would attack Trump as being a War Monger who is killing American boys and girls to aid foreigners, and American Soldiers are committing Atrocities, etc.[ quote]

Not to mention, failing to keep his campaign promise to bring our troops home and not engage in endless war.
Back to top

wiki




 
 
 


Post  Fri, Oct 18 2019, 6:12 pm
BestBubbie and Cheiny, I've been anti-Trump from the beginning (he is too unprincipled, too racist, a rapist, etc., and I like Democratic policies on a number of domestic issues), but if you'd known me live for the past three years, you would know that I have ALWAYS said that he did a great job in fighting ISIS and bringing stability to the Kurds. Many of the Republican never-Trumper pundits that I like to read (such a Ross Douthat) have also been consistent on this point.

But now, that's a bit of a womp womp womp.

Anyway, either defend Trump or say that you don't defend Trump. Punting to attack the other side about the issue is basically the same thing as weakly conceding that you are against the President on this point also.

Nothing wrong with that!
Back to top

Fox




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Oct 23 2019, 12:53 pm
princessleah wrote:
When I turned my phone on after Shabbat or Yom Tov (who can remember at this point) and saw the news about Syria and the Kurds I as absolutely sick to my stomach. I've actually been thinking about it every day since then. I am completely horrified that he abandoned our allies and left them to be slaughtered. I don't understand how anyone can justify this.

It is murder.


Reuters

Fox News

CBS

Will this ceasefire hold? Will it lead to a permanent solution? We don't know.

But someone cared enough about American lives to try something different.

Murder? Yes. It is murder to demand that other mothers send their sons to be killed because a President you don't like wants to try a different approach from the one that's been failing for decades.
Back to top

PinkFridge




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Oct 23 2019, 3:21 pm
Fox, I have to wonder (but not so much that I'm going to start researching when there's another reason I went online now), when was the last time a ceasefire worked? In a lasting way?
Back to top

Fox




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Oct 23 2019, 3:32 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Fox, I have to wonder (but not so much that I'm going to start researching when there's another reason I went online now), when was the last time a ceasefire worked? In a lasting way?

In the Middle East? Anywhere? The obvious answer would be the ceasefire between North Korea and South Korea. Obviously not ideal, but certainly better than a hot war -- at least for the South Koreans.
Back to top

Cheiny




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Oct 23 2019, 6:24 pm
Fox wrote:
In the Middle East? Anywhere? The obvious answer would be the ceasefire between North Korea and South Korea. Obviously not ideal, but certainly better than a hot war -- at least for the South Koreans.


For all the anti Trumpers, I feel sorry that this is the best you’ve got... it’s embarrassing. How on earth can you support such dishonest and stupid candidates, not to mention the socialists who are lying about how to pay for the free everything, including for illegal aliens!

https://www.washingtonpost.com......html
Back to top

Squishy




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Oct 23 2019, 7:31 pm
Cheiny wrote:
For all the anti Trumpers, I feel sorry that this is the best you’ve got... it’s embarrassing. How on earth can you support such dishonest and stupid candidates, not to mention the socialists who are lying about how to pay for the free everything, including for illegal aliens!

https://www.washingtonpost.com......html


They know that they have no one who can stand the scrutiny. They can't gaslight the American public that the economy is bad. Gaslighting Trump is a racist doesn't work when minorities or in the best economic position ever. She who speaks with a forked tongue and collects racist antiques can't handle the heat. Biden is a liar and his hair sniffing is gross.

They got nothing.
Back to top

wiki




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Oct 23 2019, 9:44 pm
Why does everyone around here think that attacking the democratic presidential candidates is a worthy defense of Trump's inadequacies?

The Democrats can be "racist" and "gross" and whatever you say. How does that defend Trump?

...And also, if Trump is impeached and removed, we end up not with Elizabeth Warren or Joe Biden, but with Mike Pence.
Back to top

wiki




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Oct 23 2019, 9:47 pm
(Not to mention that I have trouble believing that you, in good faith, believe Warren's alleged racism to be troubling but Trump's alleged racism to be perfectly fine. And I have trouble believing that you are really bothered by Joe Biden's personal conduct record around women but aren't far more bothered by Trump's. I have trouble accepting that either of these statements were really made in good faith, unless they were made in ignorance.)
Back to top

Fox




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Oct 23 2019, 10:25 pm
wiki wrote:
(Not to mention that I have trouble believing that you, in good faith, believe Warren's alleged racism to be troubling but Trump's alleged racism to be perfectly fine. And I have trouble believing that you are really bothered by Joe Biden's personal conduct record around women but aren't far more bothered by Trump's. I have trouble accepting that either of these statements were really made in good faith, unless they were made in ignorance.)

I think it comes down to whether you focus on what people do or what they say -- both positive and negative.

For example, Trump has never been alleged to be personally racist. In fact, until he ran for president, he collected honors all over the place for his contributions to urban communities of color in NY. The so-called racist remarks amplified by the press have not been convincing to me, particularly in light of his actions.

On the other hand, Elizabeth Warren has been very vocal about racism -- while allowing her employer to consider her a member of an under-represented minority and spinning outright lies about her parents' lives. And not just for an ill-considered moment in time, but for decades!

I am bothered by Trump's serial infidelity, but there's been no evidence that he accosts women who are unwilling. I find that kind of behavior personally repugnant, but I found President Clinton's exploitation of a young intern even more disturbing. It's one thing to engage in extra-marital shenanigans with a grown woman; it's another to do so with an obviously emotionally vulnerable woman younger than my washer and dryer. I find Joe Biden's behavior weird and creepy, but that alone wouldn't come into my decision to vote for him or not.

Despite my reputation as a solid Trump supporter here on Imamother, I really do understand why people find many of his communications somewhere between eye-rolling and repugnant. But while he is, at best, verbally clumsy and, at worst, completely inarticulate, I see that his administration is making real progress rather than just talking about how much progress is needed.

There is literally not a day that goes by in my Twitter feed in which some rando African-American makes a video about how, "If this is racism and white nationalism, where do we sign up for more?" Now, anti-Trumpers can dismiss that as anecdotal -- and it is. But it's supported by statistics. Income inequality is actually going down slightly as minority group members are employed more and earn more.

So my take increasingly is that people who complain endlessly about what Trump says, as opposed to what his administration has done, don't care about racism, sexism, or any other -ism. They'd rather feel sorry for marginalized people than make them less marginalized.
Back to top

Squishy




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Oct 23 2019, 10:50 pm
wiki wrote:
Why does everyone around here think that attacking the democratic presidential candidates is a worthy defense of Trump's inadequacies?

The Democrats can be "racist" and "gross" and whatever you say. How does that defend Trump?

...And also, if Trump is impeached and removed, we end up not with Elizabeth Warren or Joe Biden, but with Mike Pence.


The fact that Democrats are inadequate with their candidates and their policies is why we have this farce of an impeachment inquiry where Republicans can't get transcripts of witnesses, nor can they get copies of documents.
Back to top

roses




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Oct 23 2019, 11:05 pm
Fox wrote:
I think it comes down to whether you focus on what people do or what they say -- both positive and negative.

For example, Trump has never been alleged to be personally racist. In fact, until he ran for president, he collected honors all over the place for his contributions to urban communities of color in NY. The so-called racist remarks amplified by the press have not been convincing to me, particularly in light of his actions.

On the other hand, Elizabeth Warren has been very vocal about racism -- while allowing her employer to consider her a member of an under-represented minority and spinning outright lies about her parents' lives. And not just for an ill-considered moment in time, but for decades!

I am bothered by Trump's serial infidelity, but there's been no evidence that he accosts women who are unwilling. I find that kind of behavior personally repugnant, but I found President Clinton's exploitation of a young intern even more disturbing. It's one thing to engage in extra-marital shenanigans with a grown woman; it's another to do so with an obviously emotionally vulnerable woman younger than my washer and dryer. I find Joe Biden's behavior weird and creepy, but that alone wouldn't come into my decision to vote for him or not.

Despite my reputation as a solid Trump supporter here on Imamother, I really do understand why people find many of his communications somewhere between eye-rolling and repugnant. But while he is, at best, verbally clumsy and, at worst, completely inarticulate, I see that his administration is making real progress rather than just talking about how much progress is needed.

There is literally not a day that goes by in my Twitter feed in which some rando African-American makes a video about how, "If this is racism and white nationalism, where do we sign up for more?" Now, anti-Trumpers can dismiss that as anecdotal -- and it is. But it's supported by statistics. Income inequality is actually going down slightly as minority group members are employed more and earn more.

So my take increasingly is that people who complain endlessly about what Trump says, as opposed to what his administration has done, don't care about racism, sexism, or any other -ism. They'd rather feel sorry for marginalized people than make them less marginalized.


There's an interesting shift in your die hard support of Trump on this board. Moving from defending him and his every word and action, to making it about support of his administration and what his administration has supposedly accomplished.

Is this a sign of you approaching a red line? Or are you just covering yourself in case McConnel and cronies turn on him, and you don't want to be foolishly still defending a treasonous president?
Back to top

Squishy




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Oct 23 2019, 11:08 pm
wiki wrote:
(Not to mention that I have trouble believing that you, in good faith, believe Warren's alleged racism to be troubling but Trump's alleged racism to be perfectly fine. And I have trouble believing that you are really bothered by Joe Biden's personal conduct record around women but aren't far more bothered by Trump's. I have trouble accepting that either of these statements were really made in good faith, unless they were made in ignorance.)


Warren's little Sambos don't evidence alleged racism. It is racism and stupidity for posing with them. Warren's American Indian identity appropriation shows poor judgement. She has no caring for minorities. Trump's alleged racism is manufactured by the left.

Joe Bidden's creepy hair sniffing occured in his offical capacity. I have maintained that Trump's private conversation prior to when he entered poltics is private conversation. Bidden is a plagiarist and a liar who enriched his family by knowingly with his influence.

Your positions evidence ignorance.
Back to top

roses




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Oct 23 2019, 11:08 pm
Squishy wrote:
The fact that Democrats are inadequate with their candidates and their policies is why we have this farce of an impeachment inquiry where Republicans can't get transcripts of witnesses, nor can they get copies of documents.


When you can't defend the substance of the available evidence against him, whine about the process. Like the rest of the infantile Republicans who tantrum their way into closed door secure hearings- with bipartisan committee members present, as they should be.
Back to top
  Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

Page 7 of 11 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> In the News -> Politics

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Whats For Supper Tonight-Honest!
by mom!
1962 Today at 4:04 pm View last post
Red (lentil?) soup from Fountain Ballroom (iso recipe)
by mamaleh
19 Wed, Nov 13 2019, 11:58 am View last post
Red Rash, but not a diaper rash. What is it? 11 Thu, Oct 31 2019, 4:44 pm View last post
RED CURRY GINGER SQUASH SOUP 0 Tue, Oct 29 2019, 2:45 pm View last post
Large angry red mark on baby's back
by amother
20 Mon, Oct 28 2019, 7:50 pm View last post

Jump to: