Home

What's Your Red Line?
  Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> In the News -> Politics

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Squishy




 
 
 


Post  Sat, Oct 26 2019, 8:26 pm
Cheiny wrote:
So why do you suppose Pelosi refuses to take a vote?


So that Shift for brains can make up rules as he goes along.

Rep Stefanik is outraged that elected Republicans on the 3 committees are only allowed to veiw a single copy of the transcript of interveiws and then in the presence of a democratic staffer.

THIS IS AN ABUSE OF POWER. THAT SINGLE TRANSCRIPT CAN BE ALERTED TO FIT ANY SPIN AND LIES THE DEMOCRATS WANT TO FOST OFF ON THE AMERICAN PEOPLE.

THE APPEARANCE OF IMPROPRIETY IS OUTRAGEOUS.


This is not the way a party with the facts on their side behaves.
Back to top

Squishy




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Oct 27 2019, 9:00 am
Why are Democrats acting like they have something to hide?

https://nypost.com/2019/10/26/.....hide/

It is because they do.

Why the single copy of the transcript that can be changed at will? Why are Republicans only allowed to veiw the single copy with a domestic staff member babysitting them?

Shift for brains has already proven he's a liar. If a Republican with a good memory wants to dispute the narrative that S for B is leaking, he will deliberately change the transcript like he did the phone call. If he's caught again, he will say it is parody. Only this time no one can release the actual transcript.

I can't believe that there isn't one liberal on this site that agrees that this process is wrong.
Back to top

PinkFridge




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Oct 27 2019, 10:32 am
Squishy wrote:
So that Shift for brains can make up rules as he goes along.

Rep Stefanik is outraged that elected Republicans on the 3 committees are only allowed to veiw a single copy of the transcript of interveiws and then in the presence of a democratic staffer.

THIS IS AN ABUSE OF POWER. THAT SINGLE TRANSCRIPT CAN BE ALERTED TO FIT ANY SPIN AND LIES THE DEMOCRATS WANT TO FOST OFF ON THE AMERICAN PEOPLE.

THE APPEARANCE OF IMPROPRIETY IS OUTRAGEOUS.


This is not the way a party with the facts on their side behaves.


Sorry to ask people to do my hw for me, but I'm confused. Is the impeachment committee bipartisan? Wouldn't all the people on the committee have full access to all the hearings, not just limited review of transcripts?
Back to top

Squishy




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Oct 27 2019, 10:44 am
PinkFridge wrote:
Sorry to ask people to do my hw for me, but I'm confused. Is the impeachment committee bipartisan? Wouldn't all the people on the committee have full access to all the hearings, not just limited review of transcripts?


This is an important conversation of how the Democrats have all the power in the proceedings and control the narrative that is told to the American people. This is not bipartisan by any means.

If our President is doing something impeachable, I want to know. There will be a forever cloud over the proceedings. S for B controls all information. When witnesses are exonerating our President, there is no leaks. Transcripts can and do get changed.

The Democrats have all the power in these secret proceedings as contrasted to the bipartisan cooperation in the Clinton impeachment. There the minority members had subpoena powers.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.....ormat
Back to top

Cheiny




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Oct 27 2019, 1:07 pm
Squishy wrote:
Why are Democrats acting like they have something to hide?

https://nypost.com/2019/10/26/.....hide/

It is because they do.

Why the single copy of the transcript that can be changed at will? Why are Republicans only allowed to veiw the single copy with a domestic staff member babysitting them?

Shift for brains has already proven he's a liar. If a Republican with a good memory wants to dispute the narrative that S for B is leaking, he will deliberately change the transcript like he did the phone call. If he's caught again, he will say it is parody. Only this time no one can release the actual transcript.

I can't believe that there isn't one liberal on this site that agrees that this process is wrong.


I agree that it’s very sad and disheartening, especially for frum people, to excuse away such a level of dishonesty, even admitting and acknowledging that Shifty Schiff has lied numerous times in connection with this latest “inquiry” (in addition to the Mueller 2 1/2 year long, $40 million hoax), yet in the same breath citing the selective. leaks this same Schiff allows to come out to “inform” his base and actually believing him as if he’s credible! It’s incredible that the only reports coming out of the closed door secret hearings are hand picked by Shifty Schiff and liberals are unashamed to quote them as if it’s a given that he’s reliable to be telling the truth! Can't Believe It


Last edited by Cheiny on Sun, Oct 27 2019, 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top

Cheiny




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Oct 27 2019, 1:16 pm
Squishy wrote:
This is an important conversation of how the Democrats have all the power in the proceedings and control the narrative that is told to the American people. This is not bipartisan by any means.

If our President is doing something impeachable, I want to know. There will be a forever cloud over the proceedings. S for B controls all information. When witnesses are exonerating our President, there is no leaks. Transcripts can and do get changed.

The Democrats have all the power in these secret proceedings as contrasted to the bipartisan cooperation in the Clinton impeachment. There the minority members had subpoena powers.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.....ormat


So the question that begs to be answered, by any honest American, is why the secrecy? If you truly have the goods on him THIS time (we’ve heard this before, numerous times), take the vote, present all the evidence, first hand, to the American people, allow the president his defense and right to cross examine your “witnesses.” The fact that they’re not doing that, tells it all. Liberals should be ashamed and angry at their leaders for perpetrating on our country this latest sham (in a string of many unsuccessful
ones preceding it). Btw, what exactly have they accomplished for the American people since taking the House (besides “investigations” against the president)?
Back to top

Jeanette




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Oct 27 2019, 1:19 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Sorry to ask people to do my hw for me, but I'm confused. Is the impeachment committee bipartisan? Wouldn't all the people on the committee have full access to all the hearings, not just limited review of transcripts?


You are correct. All members of the house intelligence, foreign affairs and oversight committees can sit in on the hearings and question witnesses. Both Ds and Rs. Any suggestion otherwise is just a desperate attempt to deflect and obfuscate. Furthermore, use of slurs like "shift for brains" or "shifty schiff" tells you all you need to know about the intelligence and strength of their arguments.

The reason the hearings are being held in secure facilities (with Ds and Rs attending) is to prevent witnesses from coordinating testimony. I.e. if witness B knows what witness A said, they can adjust their testimony to keep their stories straight. Premature release of transcripts would have the same effect. However, once all testimony is complete those transcripts will be released to the public.
Back to top

Squishy




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Oct 27 2019, 1:58 pm
Jeanette wrote:
You are correct. All members of the house intelligence, foreign affairs and oversight committees can sit in on the hearings and question witnesses. Both Ds and Rs. Any suggestion otherwise is just a desperate attempt to deflect and obfuscate. Furthermore, use of slurs like "shift for brains" or "shifty schiff" tells you all you need to know about the intelligence and strength of their arguments.

The reason the hearings are being held in secure facilities (with Ds and Rs attending) is to prevent witnesses from coordinating testimony. I.e. if witness B knows what witness A said, they can adjust their testimony to keep their stories straight. Premature release of transcripts would have the same effect. However, once all testimony is complete those transcripts will be released to the public.


Then why don't Republicans have subpoena powers?

Why is there only one single copy of the transcript now that committee members can veiw?

Why can't a permanent transcript be created that is bipartisan approved?

Why all the unavoidable leaks from the Democrats controlling the information ?

It's disingenuous of anyone to say these a fair proceedings.
Back to top

Cheiny




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Oct 27 2019, 2:42 pm
Squishy wrote:
Then why don't Republicans have subpoena powers?

Why is there only one single copy of the transcript now that committee members can veiw?

Why can't a permanent transcript be created that is bipartisan approved?

Why all the unavoidable leaks from the Democrats controlling the information ?

It's disingenuous of anyone to say these a fair proceedings.


Bottom line is, let these liars and leakers knock themselves out trying to “get” Trump yet again with this latest in a string of hoaxes. It’s just another huge waste of time, and unfortunately taxpayer dollars, but their realization when they lose the next election will only make our victory that much sweeter. Can’t wait to see the faces of those MSDNC and CNN hosts on election night. The last one was priceless.
Back to top

wiki




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Oct 27 2019, 9:30 pm
Squishy wrote:
Then why don't Republicans have subpoena powers?

Why is there only one single copy of the transcript now that committee members can veiw?


The subpoenas are coming from the committees, and since the House is held by Democrats, the committee chairs are Democrats.

Republicans are well represented on all of the committees and at the hearings, and I have heard plenty of leaked reporting about the questions they have been asking. The suggestion that "Democrats are leaking things and nothing the Republicans do can leak" looks nothing like what I have seen on twitter.

Before the House votes, all of the transcripts are expected to be released. I agree with you that if by then they are not released, it would be an outrage. Until then, there are important reasons to hold the transcripts to prevent witnesses from coordinating their testimonies.

When it gets to a trial, expect the President's defense to offer witnesses a needed.

I know, we're all eager to hear everything! A bit of patience, my dears. We are expected to hear it all soon.
Back to top

wiki




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Oct 27 2019, 9:33 pm
A request to everyone on the politics threads: please stop calling politicians demeaning names.

On the rest of the Internet, I know that when someone refer to the President as tRump that I should ignore everything they say because they are probably an over-emotional person who is better at feeling than at thinking.

Calling Adam Schiff "Shift for Brains" and other name-calling is not only suggestive of nivul peh and offensive to people who prefer clean language as a Torah value, but also sends a message that the writer is more focused on their feelings than their rational thoughts.
Back to top

Fox




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Oct 27 2019, 10:03 pm
wiki wrote:
A request to everyone on the politics threads: please stop calling politicians demeaning names.

On the rest of the Internet, I know that when someone refer to the President as tRump that I should ignore everything they say because they are probably an over-emotional person who is better at feeling than at thinking.

Calling Adam Schiff "Shift for Brains" and other name-calling is not only suggestive of nivul peh and offensive to people who prefer clean language as a Torah value, but also sends a message that the writer is more focused on their feelings than their rational thoughts.

Actually, I agree completely with you and I do my best not to get drawn into even meme-worthy name-calling.

I've seen how much respectful interaction my effort has generated from people who disagree with me. Which is to, say, virtually none at all.
Back to top

wiki




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Oct 27 2019, 10:05 pm
Fox wrote:
Actually, I agree completely with you and I do my best not to get drawn into even meme-worthy name-calling.

I've seen how much respectful interaction my effort has generated from people who disagree with me. Which is to, say, virtually none at all.


Sorry you feel that way, Fox! I appreciate how even-toned you are in your discussions and very much enjoy your responses even when I entirely disagree with them. Your efforts to keep things factual (however you see the facts) is definitely noticed and appreciated!
Back to top

Cheiny




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Oct 27 2019, 10:12 pm
wiki wrote:
A request to everyone on the politics threads: please stop calling politicians demeaning names.

On the rest of the Internet, I know that when someone refer to the President as tRump that I should ignore everything they say because they are probably an over-emotional person who is better at feeling than at thinking.

Calling Adam Schiff "Shift for Brains" and other name-calling is not only suggestive of nivul peh and offensive to people who prefer clean language as a Torah value, but also sends a message that the writer is more focused on their feelings than their rational thoughts.



[quote=“wiki”] No need to be a troll. [/quote]

Ah, the irony....
Back to top

wiki




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Oct 27 2019, 10:31 pm
My apologies to you for using the term "troll." I did not mean to insinuate that you were the kind of troll which deserves reporting to the moderators for lying about their identity.

The remainder of my intention in the above post stands exactly. I was asking you kindly (and with a winking emoji! Wink) to lower the volume, and let your ideas speak more loudly than your emotions.
Back to top

Fox




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Oct 27 2019, 11:12 pm
The use of the word "troll" to indicate someone presenting a false identity is a weird, unique usage known only on Imamother, tmk.

For a full discussion of righteous trolling versus the unrighteous variety, see Rachel Fulton Brown's blog, "Fencing Bear at Prayer," along with my comments from a Torah perspective.
Back to top
  Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 Recent Topics

Page 11 of 11 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> In the News -> Politics

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Whats For Supper Tonight-Honest!
by mom!
2027 Thu, Dec 05 2019, 8:19 pm View last post
Use of the religion line 112 Mon, Dec 02 2019, 8:18 pm View last post
Whats Decoration's can I make with ribbon's for chanukah ?
by amother
3 Wed, Nov 27 2019, 2:01 pm View last post
Thanksgiving, lakewood area, whats there to do besides eat?
by Pickle1
0 Mon, Nov 25 2019, 11:03 pm View last post
Chanukah Gelt for Grandkids, whats a fair age-based formula?
by amother
10 Mon, Nov 25 2019, 10:26 pm View last post

Jump to: