Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
Emotional lockdown

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 2:45 pm
I've had such a tough year and things aren't any better yet, my body has gone into emotional lockdown. I probably will only be able to do the motions of davening, without any feelings or emotions & will spend most of the day in bed. I guess I'm just sad that I won't be able to feel the spirit of the day.

I've got no one to talk to IRL, cause no one knows about it. So I guess I'm just venting here to get it off my chest.

sub

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 3:15 pm
Hugs to you.

Amalia

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 4:01 pm
I am in a similar place, so I understand.

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 4:03 pm
Feel the same way. Just not even going thru all the motions.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 4:05 pm
So many hugs. Hashem knows where you’re holding and exactly why. Daven from that real place that you posted from, even though it looks different than what we think tefillah should look like. Be genuine, wherever you are right now. He knows.
Gmar chasima tova

tichellady

Post Tue, Oct 08 2019, 8:25 pm
I was there a few years ago. Sending love and hope things get much better for you like they did for me

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Oct 09 2019, 2:52 pm
Feeling the same. Davening was hard. In His great wisdom, I hope Hashem understands.

life is fun

Post Wed, Oct 09 2019, 4:51 pm
[quote="amother [ Floralwhite ]"]Feeling the same. Davening was hard. In His great wisdom, I hope Hashem understands.[/quotell]
Hashem defenetly understands!!! HE is our father after all. A kind and caring father who is understanding and forgiving, wanting only what is best for us his children.....

I have come to a point where I can't really wish people anymore "all out tefillos should be answered letova" bec all is letova whether it looks like it to me or not, I learnt over the years.
But I daven and wish everyone the wisdom and koach to recognise all HE does for/to us is letova. We should be able ro see and accept all HE gives us!!!

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Oct 09 2019, 8:42 pm
Felt the same way today, except when I said Avinu Malkeinu. Then the dam broke. I hope G-d listened to the desperation.

I was home with the kids all day and got to quickly say Shmoneh Esrei of Shacharis, Mussaf, and Mincha. Barely any kavanah. No Neilah.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 09 2019, 9:13 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I've had such a tough year and things aren't any better yet, my body has gone into emotional lockdown. I probably will only be able to do the motions of davening, without any feelings or emotions & will spend most of the day in bed. I guess I'm just sad that I won't be able to feel the spirit of the day.

I've got no one to talk to IRL, cause no one knows about it. So I guess I'm just venting here to get it off my chest.

Was even worse than expected. DH did something to spite me, (yes on YK) so I was so consumed with anger & hurt, I couldn't even go thru the motions. Crying Crying

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Oct 09 2019, 9:18 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Was even worse than expected. DH did something to spite me, (yes on YK) so I was so consumed with anger & hurt, I couldn't even go thru the motions. Crying Crying

Just the fast is a kapparah.
Hashem knows we are human.
I davened for you- I davened for every person in klal yisroel to merit personal yeshuos as well as the geulah sheleimah. I'm sure many others davened for you as well.
May you have the strength to work through your feelings and get to a happier place.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur